Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Roger_007 wrote: »
    What about the German option.:rolleyes:

Just vote "Nein"

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

They do it in Australia far as I know. Fines imposed for not voting I think.
    Should bring it in here, unless you have a good excuse, those who don't vote mourn the loudest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

No problems with pyrite at Duffy Towers I bet, more likely he's worried about pirates with all of his chests of gold..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I suppose the quarry/building company who supplied the material is gone bust and the owners are living in mansions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I would leave the gas on and put a match to it

they cant insure the houses.. the are stuck in a rut..

• Advertisement

Joe's "mmmm" there. Such compassion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Tears incoming......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

ThisRegard wrote: »
    They have a fine, something minimal like $40 I think.

Edit, just checked, $20 and goes up to $170 plus court costs if you're prosecuted and found guilty in court.

Seems like a good idea and once it becomes embedded in a culture you could probably take away the compulsory element of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭bigroad

Why cant we just vote over the internet.There must be some way of doing it.Or just post out a card that has yes or no tick the box and send it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ah lads im gutted.

i was SURE joe would have some auld biddie on from the IPSCA or PETA crowd to assure us kids up and down the country would be blowing the heads off kittens.

catgatting or some such catchy title.

methinks joe got told to lay off the love/hate bashing now its the stations cash cow on the DVD front.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Did the Chinese die in her estate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Am I the only one who can hear an intermittent dial tone in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

She lets the children sleep in beds with plasterboard falling down on them??? :eek: Call Social services!!!!

ah lads im gutted.

i was SURE joe would have some auld biddie on from the IPSCA or PETA crowd to assure us kids up and down the country would be blowing the heads off kittens.

catgatting or some such catchy title.

methinks joe got told to lay off the love/hate bashing now its the stations cash cow on the DVD front.

:D

Yeah, was hoping for the same but not to be methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Am I the only one who can hear an intermittent dial tone in the background?

Thank feck for that; I thought it was me tinnitus.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

bigroad wrote: »
    Why cant we just vote over the internet.There must be some way of doing it.Or just post out a card that has yes or no tick the box and send it back.

OR you could just get off your hole and go vote :D

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Edit, just checked, $20 and goes up to $170 plus court costs if you're prosecuted and found guilty in court.
    I love it, bring it on, now thats what I call rerform, I work in shipping and arranged to be off last Friday to vote, didn't want to be away at sea on that day, then I was on the losing side, oh well:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Michael Noonan thinks: "We could hold a referendum every week and make a fortune in fines seeing that most people couldn't be ar$ed voting". :eek:

Bring back Tommy from earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

100k wouldn't fix joes bird house.

• Advertisement

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Thank feck for that; I thought it was me tinnitus.

Heh heh me too, I'm listening online, maybe that's why? It's driving me bananas!
    I feel like a dog, ears pricked for a silent whistle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

It made me angry seeing David Norris celebrating on the news Saturday night.. Like everything was alright now that the Seanad had been rescued... He should have resigned when it became clear that he wrote a letter on Seanad headed paper to plead for clemency for a sex abuser, purporting to be representing the view of the Irish people. David Norris is a good guy, but he should have resigned after this serious breach of trust..

I'd b the same regarding the Presidency.

The absolute silence of the Irish media, Vincent Browne, Fintan O'Toole on Norris when the scandal arose really opened my eyes. The idea that because it was a homosexual (not heterosexual) relationship in a far away country (not Ireland or closer to home), it didn't matter was ridiculous.

(That, and his links with a British loyalist group known as "Reform Ireland")

Still, hopefully more independent types might now get seats in the Seanad.

Joe was bored there.

I'd say there'll be no move on Priory Hall on the basis that it might open a whole can of worms such as this case, and who knows how many others.

I feel very sorry for those people, and think they should be helped out - but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

For those who voted Yes :

At least Joe's 100% "Liveline Poll" run has ended. Silver lining.

And he'll be 10% less smug.

Golly, what did this fella do :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

This must be P O'Neill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Internment... Was the security man a Protestant?

No visa I assume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Was he dressed like this?

SNN04BALA_280_941603a.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement