Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

The GF Agreement has something about those having the right to Irish or British. In fact I thought many took up Irish passports following that, and that the Agreement reinforced their right to Irish citizenship all the time.

Nationalists will probably be in the majority in a few generations anyway.

im sure if it ever becomes an issue itll be sorted, after all were talking the guts of 100yrs away before any technical issue can arise. plus your talking about a minority that may never want it anyway.

i dont want a british passport for instance, but it makes me laugh to think my mother can get one if she likes :D

but it just shows how sometimes leglislation can have unintended consequences.

brings us back neatly to the topic at hand. the jus soli policy (born on the island) was intially there to guarentte lads in the north citizenship, and it got abused by bogus asylum seekers looking for a free ride.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Think we're due an ad break, it's almost 3

Ad break? Joe can't even get a sponsor!

Lyons dropped him

Joe showed a quite unsavoury side to his character today, any company that values their brand will avoid association with his broadcasts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

JM Skipton wrote: »
    She is some tulip:

Ní Chonaill has, as party spokesperson, repeatedly spoken out about immigration, including the opposing the Charter of Fundamental Rights, and asylum claims of homosexuals fleeing persecution.[7] In a statement she said: If the choice is between having homosexuals from these countries having to act discretely and us being swamped with alleged homosexual claims from 80 countries around the world then they will just have to act discreetly.[8]

I suppose her point is that if being gay in a country that punishes homosexuality is grounds for asylum, then tens of millions could claim asylum on that basis.
    What is it with Lahv Lahn callers who feel the need to say things like "I'm walking around beautiful Kinsale today after having a coffee" before they make a point?

i.e. "I'm not a prole drinking milky tea in Ballybough. Actually, I hordly ever listen to Joe, usually it's Lyric or NewsTalk"
    Ethiopias population has doubled to 80 million since the famine in the 80's. /facepalm

In fairness overpopulation wasn't the cause of the famine
    IIRC dev was even a cheeky bollocks standing for one of the first dails in west belfast !

:D

He was also the MP for South Down at the same time as being Irish Prime Minister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The GF Agreement has something about those having the right to Irish or British. In fact I thought many took up Irish passports following that, and that the Agreement reinforced their right to Irish citizenship all the time.

Nationalists will probably be in the majority in a few generations anyway.

Would that be Nigerian or Polish Nationalists? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭avfc1874

my friend wrote: »
    Ad break? Joe can't even get a sponsor!

Lyons dropped him

Joe showed a quite unsavoury side to his character today, any company that values their brand will avoid association with his broadcasts
    totally agree, its joes agenda and if anyone disagrees, he'll do his best to get caller after caller to diss them. when aine said this is our country and we should look after it,,, joe acting all stupid ..... what do you mean its our country who said its ours:mad:. but when some salt of the earth dub comes on spouting this is our city joe, you're an ordinary working man like meself joe:D. we should loook after our country joe,,, joe falls over himself to agree. ... and remember when he was speaking to the muslim guy instead of just saying goodbye, he had to creep and crawl by saying praise be to allah (why):confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

I tuned out at 2:20. (Sitting looking out the car window while waiting for kid after school was more interesting) did he do refugees/asylum seekers/scammers till 3?

The population of Nigeria stands at circa 160 million and is estimated to reach 440 million by 2050...just how many will Ireland be expected to take? Some posters here need to wake up and smell the coffee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Nigeria

Wonder have durex got a distributor over there could be a fortune to be made

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

sudzs wrote: »
    With all this talk of migration, Aubrey is missing an opportunity!

He's number is banned since he dumped joes ass and took all he's advertising to Newstalk.

A right royal kick in the balls for joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

neris wrote: »
    I tuned out at 2:20. (Sitting looking out the car window while waiting for kid after school was more interesting) did he do refugees/asylum seekers/scammers till 3?

He did until 2:58, then we had an auld one ring in about her son who was home from USAland, got sick and didn't get any welfare....it's a disgrace Joe etc. but I suspect she'll be on tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

My god, did you hear that advert that RTE have on now... A load of Joe's northside brethren saying "well done Joe, you deserve it".. followed by the narrator congratulating Joe Duffy on his PPI Award for lifetime achievement... nauseating nonsense

Unless there an award for hypocrisy, rudeness, or lack of objectivity.. then Joe Duffy should not be near an awards ceremony... It must like those "best wedding band" awards that you pay the organisers a few grand in advance, and then show up with your suit and best "surprised face" on the big night.

• Advertisement

Obviously banned by his betters in RTE from discussing the subject Joe has taken to the Indo to voice what he man in the street is really thinking:

BROADCASTER (:rolleyes:) Joe Duffy has challenged writer Stuart Carolan to inject some redeeming qualities into the characters seen in Love/Hate.

While acknowledging the popularity of the RTE series, the 56-year-old said he had a problem with how it portrays criminals on-screen.

"I don't want these guys eulogised and glorified," he said. "What's left out of Love/Hate is how the majority of people in working class areas hate these guys."

Duffy, who grew up in Ballyfermot, said that while his wife and children had tuned in, it just wasn't his cup of tea.

"I know it's brilliant in terms of acting and scripting," he said. "I know its popular and RTE's biggest production, but its portrayal of working-class people remains grim."

Duffy said RTE soap Fair City hits the mark and he regularly tunes in.

Separately, the Herald can reveal that the latest installment of Love/Hate was the most popular TV show in the country's jails.

The best part however is the comments below the article, read for yourself here
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/i-hate-how-lovehate-portrays-working-class-areas-joe-duffy-29647959.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

My god, did you hear that advert that RTE have on now...

It's cringengly awful isn't it.

Re: his Love/Hate article, seriously, he's written about 4 or 5 about it at this stage, he has serious issues. Go away Joe, you had your Talk to God slot or whatever it was called on a Sunday, now let the mature adults enjoy their shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

There would have been outrage in the entertainment and games room in the east wing of Castle Duffy when Tommy was having a w@nk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

"I don't want these guys eulogised and glorified," he said. "What's left out of Love/Hate is how the majority of people in working class areas hate these guys."

...but it's fine for Joe to ring them up in the Joy for a chat, on National Radio! :pac:

My god, did you hear that advert that RTE have on now... A load of Joe's northside brethren saying "well done Joe, you deserve it".. followed by the narrator congratulating Joe Duffy on his PPI Award for lifetime achievement... nauseating nonsense

Unless there an award for hypocrisy, rudeness, or lack of objectivity.. then Joe Duffy should not be near an awards ceremony... It must like those "best wedding band" awards that you pay the organisers a few grand in advance, and then show up with your suit and best "surprised face" on the big night.

Haven't heard it JA and won't be near a radio this afternoon when the Emperor addresses the Nation. Any chance one of you technokidz can upload it here for ourbenefit entertainment?

Haven't heard it JA and won't be near a radio this afternoon when the Emperor addresses the Nation. Any chance one of you technokidz can upload it here for ourbenefit entertainment?

Do I get an award if I upload it... :o

that whiny cnut has been in the indo far to often now over the last few weeks preaching from his moral high horse. fair city is to joes liking coz its all lovey airy fairy bollix thats suited 8pm when kids are still up.

that whiny cnut has been in the indo far to often now over the last few weeks preaching from his moral high horse. fair city is to joes liking coz its all lovey airy fairy bollix thats suited 8pm when kids are still up.

I'm surprised he doesn't lash out at Fair City's "authenticity" given its lack of coddle.

Given this praise i suspect Joe must be angling for a guest appearance on FC after his Mrs. Brown's Boyiz slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

If Joe was on LH he would be called 'Fat Mouth'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭avfc1874

love the comments from the readers at bottom of page:D

• Advertisement

Do I get an award if I upload it... :o

How about I buy you a copy of Joe's buke from Dealz for €1.49 and make you read it IF YOU DON'T?

;)

What a great segway... Discussion about the brain of a mouse, and then hand straight over to Joe Duffy. :D

What a great segway... Discussion about the brain of a mouse, and then hand straight over to Joe Duffy. :D

That's a bit harsh......on the mouse.

Topic for discussion today im sure the aul ones will have good tales for joe with

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/1875847-Do-you-dunk-your-penis

• Registered Users Posts: 39,343 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Hitchens wrote: »
    ...but it's fine for Joe to ring them up in the Joy for a chat, on National Radio! :pac:

It was a cell - phone, though :P:P
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

I'd say barely even listening to this guy, probably sitting back polishing his trophy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Was told you better bring some money ? I sincerely doubt that.

Am i the only one in this country who doesnt have a medical card

"shur ye know women, they throw everything thing around"
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,343 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Topic for discussion today im sure the aul ones will have good tales for joe with

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/1875847-Do-you-dunk-your-penis

Ridiculous, don't they have curtains?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement