Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Lapin wrote: »
    "Foreign Nationals"

Why the hell can't people just say they were foreign, or simply refer to their nationality by name, French, British Latvian etc

because that would be racist :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Stuboyovo wrote: »
    how long can he keep the Lilo / ringbouy story going? lets open a book

If Joe was on, the gruesome stuff would airing now...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

A disc jockey!!!!!!!! First time Damo has been described as that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Stuboyovo

Why the hell can't people just say they were foreign, or simply refer to their nationality by name, French, British Latvian etc

ah then there's the great 'non nationals' people of no country!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

"Foreign Nationals"

What does it matter what nationality they are. Of course we know that Irish people wouldn't behave that way......don't we:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Disc jokey? It'd be some party with Joe and Damo "mixing them live".....tune cards ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Roger_007 wrote: »
    What does it matter what nationality they are. Of course we know that Irish people wouldn't behave that way......don't we:confused:

Cos the kids couldn't understand the lads in the boat when they were attempting to rescue them. Language barrier.

I think you will find that quite a few of the Irish ones dressed in black as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Stuboyovo

Sorry i wasn;t paying a great deal of attention there but did yer man just say you must be properly trained to use a f**king lilo or inflatable ring etc???
    I bet he has a training course in 'inflatable devices' for kids hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

"Foreign Nationals"

Im not racist, but they were foreign Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

PauloMN wrote: »
    Just stating the facts of the matter, no need to go all Chuck Norris there. I couldn't give a fcuk what you would do in that situation.

well,its not ok to take pictures of children on beeches,i think its extremely odd and would raise suspicions no?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,343 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

If you took pictures of a 3 year old child of mine(i no longer have a 3 year old,thankfully)

you would be calling the law on me,because your camera would be in bits and you would be getting your ass handed to you.

id deal with the consequences,no bother.
    Take your chill pills.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ah jaysus.

makes a change from the barking dog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

What the f is that in the background...is she in a pub???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

PauloMN wrote: »
    The old "you need my permission" line. Eh, no you don't. It might be good manners to ask, but it isn't illegal not to ask permission in a public place.

I'm pretty sure you can't take close-up photos of minors without parental permission (a photo in a public place with kids in the background is fair enough). I know for a fact you're not allowed do it in Spain. Someone doing that with my kids will end up without their camera, film or SD card if they don't delete the images.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Damo will be like a bull in a china shop with this call. :rolleyes:

syklops wrote: »

Don't do the accent...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

If you took pictures of a 3 year old child of mine(i no longer have a 3 year old,thankfully)

you would be calling the law on me,because your camera would be in bits and you would be getting your ass handed to you.

id deal with the consequences,no bother.

Are you some sort of SAS ninja pirate?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

What does it matter what nationality they are....

None whatsovver.

But why the ridiculous term "Foreign Nationals"?

It makes absolutely no sense at all and is never used when speaking of Americans, Canadians, Australians and other countries with strong links to Ireland.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »

Don't do the accent...!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I know I will get struck down but this reminds me of gift grub sketches with Biffo and FF convention with the "pack" in the background making noises! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Take your chill pills.
    just dont understand the posters stance on defending a stranger taking pics of a 3 year old,he doesnt know,on a beech:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

country and western festival

tuning out

• Registered Users Posts: 39,343 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Yakuza wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can't take close-up photos of minors without parental permission (a photo in a public place with kids in the background is fair enough). I know for a fact you're not allowed do it in Spain. Someone doing that with my kids will end up without their camera, film or SD card if they don't delete the images.
    I wouldn't dream of taking pics of anyone's kids without parental permission, but if in a street and taking pics of general street activity if someone gets a bit shirty about it, they'll get a mouthful back.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Script reading?

Poorly written script admittedly but think she's prepped.

Don't do the accent...!

Can the children not go to their father for the weekend?

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I wouldn't dream of taking pics of anyone's kids without parental permission, but if in a street and taking pics of general street activity if someone gets a bit shirty about it, they'll get a mouthful back.

Joe would have asked "were the giruls?" And "were they topless?" or "were they in the nooode?". D'Omen is an amateur by comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Damo will ask her about Monaghans win yesterday at the end of the call

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement