Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

Even Tom Crean wud be welcome after that pointless drivel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Pringle bringing everything back to his grief while asking the victims families to forgive and forget.

There aren't many people I'd like to punch in the face but he's up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

45mins down, on the home stretch now Joseph. Bit of coddle talk from some salt a dee earths and he'll struggle to contain himself.

Ah fook off, Colm Murray love fest again. This has been the only thing on Radio 1 today.........apart from the other things of course. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

JM Skipton wrote: »
    That was truly horrendous radio

Mightn't be done just yet....:confused:

Lapin wrote: »
    Pringle bringing everything back to his grief while asking the victims families to forgive and forget.

There aren't many people I'd like to punch in the face but he's up there.

Are you talking about Joe or Peter Pringle? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Have to say if you were forced to choose a disease, MN would be the last one you would pick, an horrific disease

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

45mins down, on the home stretch now Joseph. Bit of coddle talk from some salt a dee earths and he'll struggle to contain himself.

Ah fook off, Colm Murray love fest again. This has been the only thing on Radio 1 today.........apart from the other things of course. :)

ive a great deal of respect for how he handled his illness and highlighted it publically.

but yeah soon as i heard he died i knew RTE couldnt help going into kneejerk mode.

its sad but it not like obama got shot or something.

Despite such a depressing show, I'll bet Joe will still get in a plug for unFunny Friday before 3 o'clock.

Come to think of it.....how appropriate if he does!

eh wot ?

most people i KNOW are amiable and fun. in fact its kinda a cultural sterotype that the irish can take and give a slagging.

montrose must be full of pricks if guys like colm are that short on the ground there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Cathal Murray is related to Colm Murray.. It sort of makes sense when you listen to the voice... (and take in to account the way things usually work in RTE).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Oh - I didn't know Cathal Murray was a relative of Colm - some proof that soundness is genetic!

Random encounters with RTE personnel. Every time someone in RTE dies we get this stuff. People who met the deceased ONCE get their 15 mins (usually literally on Lahv Lahn) on the National airwaves to eulogise someone they didn't actually know.

2 ad breaks in less than 3 minutes. Earning your money today Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Just when we thought this topic was gone away..............

This is too depressing, I'm off to catch up on my Colm Hayes podcasts!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I think I need counselling after listening to this show.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Joe gently directs the caller away from being critical of the convicted woman.

eh wot ?

most people i KNOW are amiable and fun. in fact its kinda a cultural sterotype that the irish can take and give a slagging.

montrose must be full of pricks if guys like colm are that short on the ground there

Exhibit A:
    0704_Derek-Mooney_H

Exhibit B:
    story_18048_18048-xlarge.jpg

I won't go on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Jeez, nipple clamps? Bring on the Brillos with batteries.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

I thought the interview with Pringle about the problems of those who were convicited for murdering Garda Morley and Byrne very unbalanced.

No indication of contrition for that crime, no sympathy with the families of those two Gardai

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Well said this caller.

• Advertisement

nuac wrote: »
    I thought the interview with Pringle about the problems of those who were convicited for murdering Garda Morley and Byrne very unbalanced.

No indication of contrition for that crime, no sympathy with the families of those two Gardai

A classic Lahv Lahn one-sided feature then.

Peter Pringle once he pops he cant stop

Jimmy Magoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Why do people feel compelled to say the stupidest things when someone dies....."He will come back as a horse......" FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Why do people feel compelled to say the stupidest things when someone dies....."He will come back as a horse......" FFS
    A lot of people are embarrassed by death and don't know what to say. But they feel they have to say something so basically they say lots of things without really thinking about it.

In saying that, that sort of comment is vintage Jimmy.

"That's right Joe, actually he's here now....hang on and I'll put him on to you"

mred_1293879i.jpg

this being ireland of course, thatll be in a lasagna

Am I alone in here today?

The more I listen to Joe the more I'm convinced Armando Ianucci and Steve Coogan based the Alan Partridge character on him.......except you obviously have to swap a Travellodge for Castle Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Looks like it's mental misery today... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Get to the point missus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement