Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Darwin Award winner here.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

This ejit is probably on to ask Joe can he sue himself for his own stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

cm-29024-0509072f86b95f.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Good god how stupid are these guys .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Well, they said they would take it out of people's accounts so what did he expect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Council worker complains about council tax

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

He must be on savage money to be paying that much tax!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

those figures maen little to Joe, not enough of zero`s there mate...

Next on Lahv Lahn, Blake from Ennistymon with a warning for all motorists, don't put diesel into your petrol cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Why would you ring in with this story? I think he needs to put a sticker on his eyes!!!!!

He should have saved that call until tomorrow..

Could have been history-making.

The first ever genuine laugh on uFF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

I knew this would happen, someone would ring complaining the property tax was taken from their wage when they were told it would happen 4 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Grand a week .

Only Joe could think that wage is low

This guy is on €50k a year. THIS GUY!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I'm delighted they took it from him. Cheek of this council worker! So we should all pay except him, yeah?

How does he equate paying into his Credit Union a/c or ESB bill, mortgage, etc. as being a tax?

And Joe, the FF shlt-stirrer, will he be complaining if his beloved party keep the Property Tax?

Last unFF plug coming up !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Lazy lazy attitude. Bet he does the bare minimum in his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Well, that's tomorrow afternoon sorted for me.
    I'll be doing the shopping, out of reach of Fantastic Phoney Friday.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Allright all. Take tomorrow off and have a nice long beer/weekend. :)

Lazy lazy attitude. Bet he does the bare minimum in his job.

Agreed, and that caller sounded much the same as Joe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

VHI is now a tax according to caller and Joe.
    Nothing voluntary about it, oh no.
    He'd pay a hell of a lot more in any other country for private healthcare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,095 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Here's something to start off funny f*****g friday

funeral2.jpg

Buth Nowel, I wuz firsted in loine for dat Neweztalk slo', I wuz goin to recreade da Uncle Gaybo show for the twenty firsted cenchuury......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Its such utter utter drivel, driven by an audience of spongers and malingerers

My senior citizen mother occasionally trys to start conversations "You won't believe what I heard on Joe Duffy today......."

Bleed'n OAP sponger!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,095 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

alastair wrote: »
    Bleed'n OAP sponger!

That she is comrade, that she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

http://www.newstalk.ie/RTE-losses-of-65-million-in-2012
    State Broadcaster RTÉ has announced a deficit of €65 million for last year. But RTÉ says it's on track to break even in 2013, because of large-scale restructuring.

Cynically publish this story on a Thursday evening before an "unFunny Friday" same as RTE usually do.. What a shower..

http://www.newstalk.ie/RTE-losses-of-65-million-in-2012

Cynically publish this story on a Thursday evening before an "unFunny Friday" same as RTE usually do.. What a shower..

Factor in Monday being a Bank Holiday and Pravda once again get to paper over the cracks.

Someday though....someday Joe...and we'll be asking you about that leg as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

europa11 wrote: »
    Factor in Monday being a Bank Holiday and Pravda once again get to paper over the cracks.

Someday though....someday Joe...and we'll be asking you about that leg as well.

Don't forget the goodwill over Colm Murray dying. Stay classy RTE.

You Irish......very good.....software....:D

From today's Indo, but I think given the name in bold below, we can assume no!

A FORMER PR advisor to Willie O'Dea at the centre of a racism controversy has denied he said Chinese nationals were catching birds for "crispy duck in the Chinese restaurant tonight".

Joe Crowley, who is standing as a Fianna Fail candidate in Limerick at next year's local elections, denied he was racist after he was quoted in a local newspaper.

Speaking to the Irish Independent last night, Mr Crowley denied using the "crispy duck" phrase and said the entire story had been "blown out of proportion".

"I have very strong friends from the Asian community.

"If anybody felt this was a slur against them I would apologise. But I don't think I made the comment.

"It's a little bit the time of the year.

"This wouldn't normally be a front page story," he added.

Mr Crowley said he saw three Asian boys fishing recently.

He said the area had "no fish of note" and he wondered why anyone would want to fish in an area with birds and ducks.

However, he did not approach them to ask what they were fishing for.

He said he wanted to protect bird species and he wanted the local authority to put up notices banning fishing in the area.

However, Shane O'Curry, director of European Network Against Racism Ireland, criticised Mr Crowley's reported comments and called on Fianna Fail leader Micheal Martin to take action.

"Fianna Fail have signed up to the anti-racist election protocol, so there is a moral obligation on them to expel people who make racist utterances.

"These comments are completely baseless and single-out the Chinese community for hostile treatment," he added.

Mr Crowley was director of marketing and communications for former Fianna Fail minister Willie O'Dea during the 2011 election and provided him with PR services for the previous three years. He is the Fianna Fail local-area rep in north Limerick city.

He said he did not believe that the racism controversy will damage his election prospects in next year's local elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

From today's Indo, but I think given the name in bold below, we can assume no!

A FORMER PR advisor to Willie O'Dea at the centre of a racism controversy has denied he said Chinese nationals were catching birds for "crispy duck in the Chinese restaurant tonight".

Joe Crowley, who is standing as a Fianna Fail candidate in Limerick at next year's local elections, denied he was racist after he was quoted in a local newspaper.

Speaking to the Irish Independent last night, Mr Crowley denied using the "crispy duck" phrase and said the entire story had been "blown out of proportion".

"I have very strong friends from the Asian community.

"If anybody felt this was a slur against them I would apologise. But I don't think I made the comment.

"It's a little bit the time of the year.

"This wouldn't normally be a front page story," he added.

Mr Crowley said he saw three Asian boys fishing recently.

He said the area had "no fish of note" and he wondered why anyone would want to fish in an area with birds and ducks.

However, he did not approach them to ask what they were fishing for.

He said he wanted to protect bird species and he wanted the local authority to put up notices banning fishing in the area.

However, Shane O'Curry, director of European Network Against Racism Ireland, criticised Mr Crowley's reported comments and called on Fianna Fail leader Micheal Martin to take action.

"Fianna Fail have signed up to the anti-racist election protocol, so there is a moral obligation on them to expel people who make racist utterances.

"These comments are completely baseless and single-out the Chinese community for hostile treatment," he added.

Mr Crowley was director of marketing and communications for former Fianna Fail minister Willie O'Dea during the 2011 election and provided him with PR services for the previous three years. He is the Fianna Fail local-area rep in north Limerick city.

He said he did not believe that the racism controversy will damage his election prospects in next year's local elections.

Pity its F**king Funny Friday today otherwise this would have been a corker of a topic to cover, in fact it has all the ingredients for a classic liveline, Racism,Fianna Fail Gombeen, Fordeners,Shane O'Curry & Ducks
    A Liveline for the ages and an opportunity lost

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Pity its F**king Funny Friday today otherwise this would have been a corker of a topic to cover, in fact it has all the ingredients for a classic liveline, Racism,Fianna Fail Gombeen, Fordeners,Shane O'Curry & Ducks
    A Liveline for the ages and an opportunity lost

btw, that clown is now being called "Quackser Crowley" locally. :pac: :D
    What a pity it's uFF, hopefully the story will - like the ducks - stay fresh over the next few days, although with the Fianna Fail connection would Joe take this on?

• Advertisement

I was reading the article with amusement when Mr. O'Curry's name jumped of the page - it has to be THE Shane O'Curry, doesn't it? Could have been the greatest Lahv Lahn ever.........God knows after the fare he's served up this week we're due something like this. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement