Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,095 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Have we decided on

a) F**king Funny Friday
    or
    b) Funny F**king Friday

Looking forward to Hal Roach, Maureen Potter,Conal Gallen and Sil Fox to 'brighten up' my Friday. I know some of these are currently dead, but theyll still be on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Joe: "Hello Mary, you are ditztraught"
    Mary: "Yeah, Joe.. tbh *sniffles* I cant see a future".
    Joe: "And when did this awful thing happen to you, Mary?"
    Mary: "Last night, Joe... It was about 7pm last nite. I just dont know what I'm going to do".
    Joe: "And the people responsible for this, Mary.. Have they shown ANY remorse for their actions"...
    Mary: "They havent Joe.. All they said is 'Our server went down so we're extending the deadline' *tears* "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

(bump)
    Snore....
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ah sh!te.

Here liveline jingle. Then realise its Funny Friday. Then turn off radio.

Does anyone actually find it entertaining?

Would love to see listenership figures for fridays. Joe on a tannoy trying to broadcast a radio programme. Its like student radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I can't bear people who laugh at their own jokes. I'll be the judge of whether that's funny, not you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Funny Friday my ar*e - Liveline minus 1 listener Moncrief +1

Jeez, that was painful. Off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

I somehow doubt that DOB will be paying for this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Joe tricked me. This crap is meant to be on late in the month. I wasn't prepared for this at all

• Advertisement

I was reading the article with amusement when Mr. O'Curry's name jumped of the page - it has to be THE Shane O'Curry, doesn't it? Could have been the greatest Lahv Lahn ever........

I had the same "ears pricking up" moment when I was listening to that awful Victim Village with Dil Vickreminority one Saturday.. He is apparently a spokesman for some anti racism group... I was very surprised as he appeared to have leftist views similar to Joe.. I guess you have two people on the left and neither of them are right.. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Wow! a whole 7 posts between 1-45pm and 3-00pm. There is more traffic passing through downtown Pyongyang!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Wow! a whole 7 posts between 1-45pm and 3-00pm. There is more traffic passing through downtown Pyongyang!

And they would'nt be as bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Hitchens

listened to Moncrieff to hear the opposition to Joe today, painful listening in all honesty...............maybe he was having an off day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Logged on to see how many people decided to torture themselves with FF.

Only 7 this month.

Looks like we're learning, fellow Boardsies!

JM Skipton wrote: »

And they say that Irish people are passive and dont protest... Take a bow, everybody.. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And they say that Irish people are passive and dont protest... Take a bow, everybody.. lol

It's a pity the ratings can't measure individual editions, you'd have suppose the FFs are down on the average.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

mike65 wrote: »
    It's a pity the ratings can't measure individual editions, you'd have suppose the FFs are down on the average.

Even if they did, you can be sure we'd never hear anything about it.

They just ran the ad for today's Funny Friday again... An hour after it finished...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

They just ran the ad for today's Funny Friday again... An hour after it finished...

Brilliant!!......Even the Continuity crew turned it off.:pac: well done! well done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

When is Noel V Ginnity going to die?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Sure there only 65 million in debt!

Sure they can afford to waste advertising time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 windmill39

It is strange that no one appears to have pointed out that these individuals were in a protected wetland conservation area. I don't care where they are from ,but that's not the point. I know the area and all that is there are birds and other wildlife, but definitely no fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Had the misfortune of reading the independent today,According to gavin duffy,Joe is the most undervalued presenter on rte radio. How much is it he gets a year

Had the misfortune of reading the independent today,According to gavin duffy,Joe is the most undervalued presenter on rte radio. How much is it he gets a year

He's got previous form for this; from two years ago...
    http://www.mediatraining.ie/press-articles/Joe-Duffy-King-of-the-airwaves/
    I begin to wonder if they're related.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm telling you folks, Duffy will get a raise out of Kenny leaving. I predicted as much last week as he has more leverage now than he ever had and RTE will be crapping themselves that another "star" will leave. Any of the "talent" in RTE who's contracts up for renewal in the next year will see golden handcuffs placed firmly on their wrists.

But it's not for Joe to say how much gardai, nurses or the Taoiseach should be paid..............:rolleyes:

Meathlass wrote: »
    Logged on to see how many people decided to torture themselves with FF.

Only 7 this month.

Looks like we're learning, fellow Boardsies!

Is 7 a low?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I'm telling you folks, Duffy will get a raise out of Kenny leaving. I predicted as much last week as he has more leverage now than he ever had and RTE will be crapping themselves that another "star" will leave. Any of the "talent" in RTE who's contracts up for renewal in the next year will see golden handcuffs placed firmly on their wrists.

But it's not for Joe to say how much gardai, nurses or the Taoiseach should be paid..............:rolleyes:

Not a chance, joe is next out the door. Another overpriced buffoon, who has been coasting it for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

The person sitting in the chair is irrelevant, people will always ring liveline regardless of who presents it.

• Advertisement

That logic might make sense elsewhere, but thus is RTE folks, the station that pays Tubs over €500k per year and indulges his every fantasy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement