Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I think what was very noticeable was how irrelevant the bus driver considered the fact that the company was losing money.. Something needs to be done to change the public service attitude that the State is there to provide them with a job, not necessarily to provide i) a good service and ii) a profitable service..

Well, on the bright side, there's no chance of Dublin Bust being privatised, and the shares sold off to some German or French insurance company.
    Or is there?
    Hahaha... just think, in ten years time all our water will be French.
    Doesn't that make you feel good?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

When did the News at One start doing movie reviews ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Lapin wrote: »
    Seriously? Just Syl Fox's movie or actual fillums?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Lapin wrote: »

Silly season.......even the sports are reduced to filling in time with a Baseball report ;)

Now, will Joe (for once) keep to his promise in the RCS preamble and return to that Traveller Battle in The Cemetery? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

johnnie depp screws up another remake shocker. hollywood really know how to fu ck up remakes of good old tv shows

• Advertisement

i think i might agree with a taxi driver for once. scumbag nicks car dies and gets sympathy. load of bollocs.

Not sure these taxi drivers are aware the taxi driver was......a fordin national!

Was he wearing a green sticker I wonder???!!

neris wrote: »
    johnnie depp screws up another remake shocker. hollywood really know how to fu ck up remakes of good old tv shows

That's nothing! Wait 'til this one is released :)

safe_image.php?d=AQBY0z0MeRWYe2Gb&w=155&h=114&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2F2icAheX3wkM%2Fmqdefault.jpg

i think i might agree with a taxi driver for once. scumbag nicks car dies and gets sympathy. load of bollocs.

I'm with you on that. His brudder was in the paper yesterday saying he was the. Nicest guy you'd ever meet, everyone loved him etc. I'm sure the taxi driver might disagree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I see that Dylan Lacey chap is the nephew of the former Dublin Mayor... I wouldnt have any sympathy for them either.. At least it saves everybody else the money of having to pay to "reform" them..

• Advertisement

"Good man Joe"

I wonder how this caller got through.. Shur as we heard yesterday, Joe is a normal working class man....

"An awful tragedy"

You forgot to say "of their own making" Joe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

This taxi driver wouldn't last 5 minutes in rural Ireland where the nearest cop shop could be more than 20 miles away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

DoooblinFM

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"But that was a terrible tragedy, caller."
    "Yes, Joe - two scumbags were killed."
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

ah joe feck off with your sympathy. did joe have sympathy for the armed post office robbers who were shot in lusk a few years ago? wouldnt be surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Is this a repeat :confused:

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/5057120/Dylan-didnt-steal-taxihe-wanted-to-go-home.html

Oh no Europa ... the mother has today said "Dylan didn’t steal taxi..he wanted to go home"

But if you read further down the story.. "The Co Meath-based driver said one of the men then grabbed him from behind, and he was told: “If you do anything we will knife you.”"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I dont even like the poster for that movie.

You would think it would be relatively easy to make a decent cowboy movie. You have a mysterious masked cowboy, he has a native American sidekick and a horse called silver, how difficult is it?

ah joe feck off with your sympathy. did joe have sympathy for the armed post office robbers who were shot in lusk a few years ago? wouldnt be surprised.

They had tough childhoods......

• Advertisement

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/5057120/Dylan-didnt-steal-taxihe-wanted-to-go-home.html

Oh no Europa ... the mother has today said "Dylan didn’t steal taxi..he wanted to go home"

But if you read further down the story.. "The Co Meath-based driver said one of the men then grabbed him from behind, and he was told: “If you do anything we will knife you.”"

That sounds a bit like the money was just resting in his account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The only tragedy is that the third one only suffered minor injuries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yer mans accent!

the roof sign on your roof. so thats where they go. been confusing the hell out of me for years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

You live by the bridge you die by the bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Joe in social worker mode with his tragedies :rolleyes:

"You live by the sword, you die by the sword",

Im inclined to agree.

Taxi FM for the day I suspect. Eventually they'll get around to saying it's the taxi regulator's fault because of the opening up of a previously closed shop......and fordin nationals etc.

Is this a repeat :confused:

I was thinking the same.

• Advertisement

"it was completely out of character"

I'd say the courts have never heard that one before..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement