Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Typical teachers name - ITA, the parents knew she was gonna be a teacher when they named her.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Joe works until 3:15 most days......he starts at 1:45 though......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Dublin_Mom wrote: »
    i also bring work home (after working full day 8:00 to 5:00) should i ring Joe and moan.....this one really annoying me...

I'm getting annoyed listening to this 22 hours stuff. On a good week I work 50, some weeks its closer to 60 and I still bring work home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

syklops wrote: »
    I'm getting annoyed listening to this 22 hours stuff. On a good week I work 50, some weeks its closer to 60 and I still bring work home.

ya know to put that in perspective theres partimers working in my place and their full week is 23hrs.

how the fup can a full time job be 22hrs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It's LET go, not LEFT go! :mad:
    It's English we're speaking, not Corkonian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Looks like a lot of employers out there are taking advantage of their staff and breaking the law. We really are a spineless.

She sounds too old to be interrailing

In fairness (and I'm not a teacher!), teachers get paid for 22 hours per week, not the extra stuff they do. She's not helping herself by phrasing it that way.

I'm sure most of us had teachers who did extra work, be that take teams etc. they almost always don't get paid for those types of things.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

It'll be great for this thread if the teachers reject HRA and go on strike come September, can you imagine the outraged Mudders.

Has any one mentioned the fact that Thoorballylee flooded a few years back and thats why it fell into dereliction?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Oh Jeeeeesus......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Ugh as if it wasn't bad enough having to pay for the cliffs of Moher, some wan rings in suggesting to charge people for even more things in rip-off republic.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Jeez radio buffered there and we are back to ballylea, feck sake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Oh Jeeeeesus......
    Yes?

We decided to "holiday at home".

Oh poor you, how very bourjoisie of you.

Weimar, in the Weimar Republic. Thanks for the Geography lesson Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I can answer the question for this woman.

We have no money to do any of these things. The National Museum and Heritage Council haven't a penny between them. I'm not saying it's right but that's the way it is.

Also the mania for doing up every derelict and historic building is unreal.

pc7 wrote: »
    It'll be great for this thread if the teachers reject HRA and go on strike come September, can you imagine the outraged Mudders.

Ive been disappointed with the strikes we have had so far. On Monday they say they are striking until their demands are met and they are back to work by Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

This place, (WBs old gaff), sounds like it's a perfect representation of the state of the country. Tourists should see the reality.

We decided to "holiday at home".

Oh poor you, how very bourjoisie of you.

And coming on the national airwaves to tell everyone about it don't you know. Wot, wot?

• Advertisement

Random nerds around the country ring in with local building talk. Blake's Corner will be in again before 3 at this rate.

I was probably guilty of it myself in the past, but I really can't stand people who visit a country for the first time and come back and keep banging on about what they do in the other country that we dont do here and we should start doing it.

I was probably guilty of it myself in the past, but I really can't stand people who visit a country for the first time and come back and keep banging on about what they do in the other country that we dont do here and we should start doing it.

This. A thousand times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

In fairness, you won't get the same numbers willing to pay a fee as are now visiting for free so you can't do a cost analysis on that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

I'd love to go there if Vincent Browne was giving the talk!

Seriously though, painting ourselves as cultural and then charging people a fiver to step into the tower?

Museums are meant to be free. Do these people not realise they sound like gombeens?

Clery's is still closed, and no one is banging on about that

Everybody in the world knows about James Joyce. No, no they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

The reputed 400,000 listeners to Liveline has now been reduced to 23!

vicwatson wrote: »
    Clery's is still closed, and no one is banging on about that

Is Guineys still closed too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Yawn....it's all been covered in a thread I started here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68364974 Why has nobody from Failte Ireland or Tourism Ireland been contacted...:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement