Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec S80 Fault 61 Battery Fault

Options
  • 20-07-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

I have an Astec S80 home alarm that's reporting a fault 61 Error Call Engineer. Also showing Fault Battery. I reckon battery is dead. However when I opened up the remote panel can't seem to find the battery. I reckon it's under the the touch panel. Just want to know if it's something I can get to easily and replace. Would anyone be able to point me to a guide?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its in the main control panel not the keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 esaint

Oh yes, thanks, Koolkid. It says S63, the S80 is the keypad. Is there anything I need to watch out for or is replacing the battery pretty much straightforward? Do I need to know the engineering code when replacing a battery?

...Koolkid, would you be kind to send me a copy Astec Installation/Engineer's Manual? Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You need to turn off the mains power to the panel.
    Open the top lid by turning the 2 plastic screws to vertical & pull the top lid towards you.
    When done remove the battery link. Its at the very right hand side of the PCB.
    Now remove the main cover . There's 3 screws . 1 Left 1 Right & one just under the mains fuse. It may be covered with a warranty sticker.
    When that's done you need to remove the main PCB. There are 2 screws holding this in place. One near centre & one to the right. When you remove that you will see the back up battery. Remove that & replace like with like observing the polarity.
    Replace the PCB board making sure not to catch any of the battery leads.
    Replace the bottom cover , replace the battery link to power the system up.
    The alarm will sound , your code will disarm it.
    Replace the lid & the mains power & you should be done.
    You will not need the engineer code to do this work unless engineer reset has been programmed. If that's the case the display will show 76 call engineer .

Many thanks KoolKid. I think I can handle that.

What are the consequences if an engineering reset has been programmed and shows error 76. Will it just not work or will it continuously sound the alarm?

• Advertisement

You will be able to disarm the panel but you will not be able to set it.

Advertisement