Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extreme couponing?

• 20-07-2013 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi I'm new to boards.ie and came across this group I have seen the tv show extreme couponing and I an assuming its not possible here. Am I right?

I'd love to be able to save some money at the moment as its getting a bit tight at the moment!

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Nope too many conditions here

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭7foot ginger

That's what I thought. Is there a possibility of making any decent savings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Realistically no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

It's hard enough to get coupons for goods you would use let alone extreme couponing

It's a pity isn't it. I suppose we will just have to make do with watching the tv show :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

Hi 7foot ginger
    You can't save as much here in Ireland as US but if you shop online you can see where the special offers are I usually open up the two supermarket sites (I don't know if I can mention them on this site ) and see which are offering the better offer that week I also print coupons from pigsback and go to companies sites to see if they are offering coupons that I would use and print them off I have emailed a few companies only a few got back to me but every little helps I go to the place that is offering the best offer. I have now got a stockpile of cleaning things and shampoo etc to last me up until after christmas If you are on Facebook look for extreme couponing site on it it is for UK but there is some very helpful information and friendly people on it The best of luck with your couponing and remember every little saving is a saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jackdebs1

it wont be the same as the us because not a lot of people use them but you can save using coupons I did last week I got a weekly shop was 88.87 with all my coupons I got it for 57.00 saved 31.00 I have a 7 month old baby got 6 pots of cow and gate dinners and dunnes stores nappies for free it can be done.

jackdebs1 wrote: »
    it wont be the same as the us because not a lot of people use them but you can save using coupons I did last week I got a weekly shop was 88.87 with all my coupons I got it for 57.00 saved 31.00 I have a 7 month old baby got 6 pots of cow and gate dinners and dunnes stores nappies for free it can be done.

Oh really that's brilliant! Where did you get the coupons?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Chloe47

Ive a 10 week old baby, can i ask where u got coupons? Im breastfeeding at min so i go through nappies like theres no tomorrow :/

Oh really that's brilliant! Where did you get the coupons?

a few sites iam signed up to all club cards which is where 80% come from then you have to look up wedsites at the min dolmio,actimel,dennys ham,pigsback but when you print dont print just one because you never know when stuff is on sale.

• Advertisement

Chloe47 wrote: »
    Ive a 10 week old baby, can i ask where u got coupons? Im breastfeeding at min so i go through nappies like theres no tomorrow :/

there are a few eumom,tesco baby club,cow and gate get the nappies from dunnes there under 10 euro sometimes 2 for 10 there really good i changed when they stopped making huggies

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brennaja

a few sites iam signed up to all club cards which is where 80% come from then you have to look up wedsites at the min dolmio,actimel,dennys ham,pigsback but when you print dont print just one because you never know when stuff is on sale.

Actually I tried that Actimel voucher in Tesco yesterday and it wouldn't work at all - they checked it in customer service and they said the deal doesn't exist on their system! It was a pain because its a good deal and Tesco had them discounted as well!

I usde the same coupon in tescos twice last week and I had no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 5 debbie80

I used my actimel in Dunnes aith no problem, When your there go to the self service and they just deduct from the price,
    Hi Jackdebs1 how are you, Ive emailed companies also but no lick as of yet,

Did you's join the site on Facebook . Vouch for Ireland. Coupons and deals been posted regulary.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭andydurnin

Whats the Facebook address for the vouch for Ireland. Can't find it

i did but it i cant open the page ill keep trying there are new coupons on eumom for cookie crisp cereal for a 1.00 off and there is new ones on pigs back for butter and the persil one is back

Chloe47 wrote: »

hey chloe47 if you sign up to milupa you get great coupons to your email 2.50 off 2 boxes and 1.50 off bed time there great but wait til there on sale enjoy also a coupon on eumom for cookie cereal

• Registered Users Posts: 5 debbie80

Vouch for you Ireland . on facebook if it don't open let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭andydurnin

Can't fin vouch for you Ireland anywhere. What the address please

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Llalla

andydurnin wrote: »
    Can't fin vouch for you Ireland anywhere. What the address please

https://www.facebook.com/vouchforyouireland?ref=ts&fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Much as I love the idea of Extreme Couponing being available in Ireland, in fairness have you SEEN the utter CRAP that some of the couponers in 'Murica bring home?? I mean, who really needs 500 packets of chewing gum and 50 boxes of the most sugar-laden cereals known to man? Paper products, personal hygiene and cleaning products are one thing, everybody loves a good deal on those and I'd probably stock up myself, but a lot of the food products that have the coupons attached are really unhealthy. Sugary, salty, processed....now I love a packet of Super Noodles as much as the next person, but when you see someone filling a trolley with them to bring home for their kids, you have to ask where's the benefit in that? (and don't say 'THEY'RE FREE!!!') because that benefit could be outweighed by the poor eating habits being instilled in the couponer's family, who think it's normal to eat foods like that all the time - because it was free.

Anyway, I guess what I'm ranting about is that were such couponing to be introduced over here, while it would certainly be of benefit in terms of stockpiling useful non-food items, unfortunately it would probably mostly be the crappy, processed foods we might be trying to avoid that are on deal that week - and if you were struggling with your budget, what would you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

After watching the programmes id love to know why it takes up to 10 hrs to buy everything?

Surely if they are so organised with their coupons all it is a matter of taking the products off the shelves?

I cant imagine spending more than 1/2 an hr doing my shopping :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Tinkerbell1608

viv2 wrote: »
    After watching the programmes id love to know why it takes up to 10 hrs to buy everything?

Surely if they are so organised with their coupons all it is a matter of taking the products off the shelves?

I cant imagine spending more than 1/2 an hr doing my shopping :confused:

I think its possibly the fact they go in knowing a few special offers but then find more so with that and the big coupon binders they have they'd have to rearrange everything. Very time consuming and in fairness i'd do exactly the same if i knew i'd get something i use for free that'd see me through till the next time its on offer. Plus as seen on the program they sometimes have to break up their shopping into different transactions to get the full benefit of the savings.

Advertisement