Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ifone contacts prob

• 20-07-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭

on my ancient iphone2 i cannot enter contacts names as that part of the screen is unresponsive, the rest of it is perfect, is there any way i can get it to read the contacts from the sim card, or possibly transfer the contacts from the sim to the fone, i am very tech inept, thanks in advance for your assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

flutered wrote: »
    on my ancient iphone2 i cannot enter contacts names as that part of the screen is unresponsive, the rest of it is perfect, is there any way i can get it to read the contacts from the sim card, or possibly transfer the contacts from the sim to the fone, i am very tech inept, thanks in advance for your assistance.

Click on the settings icon. Scroll down to 'Mail, Contacts, Calandars' and then select 'Import SIM Contacts'. That should do it for you. Not sure if it will be exactly the same as you have an old version of iOS running on your phone.

Oh and btw its 'iPhone' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭flutered

i am out of luck, contacts has two options, ie sort order and display order, thanks for trying.

i am out of luck, contacts has two options, ie sort order and display order, thanks for trying.

Find out what version of iOS your on. It's usually found by going into Settings>General>About

04.05.04_g, hopefully you can help, i would hate to have to dump it.

04.05.04_g, hopefully you can help, i would hate to have to dump it.

No it's more like 2.1.3 or 3.1.3 or something along those lines. Maybe under the 'Version' section.

• Advertisement

version 3.0 (7a341), could this be it.

I just checked and in 3.0 the 'Import To Sim' button should be in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calandars just like I said. Are you sure it's not there? SIM card has to be in the iPhone as well obviously.

tkns, i will check it shortly, many thanks.

Advertisement