Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any feedback on Aldi PC on sale from Thursday, 25 July?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

Definitely worthy of the tasks you mentioned. A decent punt once you remember that you'll be needing a monitor to go with it. I'd be happy even using it as a media workhorse tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Any ideas if its up to playing modern PC games which require good graphics?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

muffler wrote: »
    Any ideas if its up to playing modern PC games which require good graphics?

I wouldn't get this if you want it for gaming. No info on the motherboard, no dedicated graphics card and the processor is wouldn't do you any favours either.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

Meh, I'm a gamer mostly and think this is "decent" value. I personally play most games on the lower graphic settings anyway even though I have a tricked out laptop capable of playing almost everything in its full glory, I just think most of that glory gets in the way of me enjoying the game.

The onboard graphics card can be compared to the 4000's on the Intel chips but this does perform a little better.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7560D.90164.0.html

The processor is a little on the weak side for what it claims to be but I still think that if you paired it with a cheap enough graphics card that it would handle all games in at least medium settings without lockups.

Although I am being presumptuous that this is a regular enough system and not impossible to upgrade etc. They rarely sell out fast though, so perhaps wait a day or 2 and let someone else be the guinea pig?

Advertisement