Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&B in Tallaght

Options
  • 20-07-2013 3:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the names of cheap B&Bs in Tallaght or in the vicinity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm not familiar with any B&Bs in Tallaght. (There used to be one in Bancroft but I don't know if it's still open, and I wouldn't recommend it-the landlady seemed drunk all the time)

The Maldron Hotel and The Plaza have good offers on their rooms.
    Usually The Maldron charges €59 a night and I think The Plaza charges €55, plus you've got all the benefits of a hotel, too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anyone know the names of cheap B&Bs in Tallaght or in the vicinity.

Hotel prices came down to such an extent in Ireland over the last 3-4 years, that the vast majority of B&Bs were driven out of business. There are still some- but they are rarer than hens teeth anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Hotel prices came down to such an extent in Ireland over the last 3-4 years, that the vast majority of B&Bs were driven out of business. There are still some- but they are rarer than hens teeth anymore.
    hen's teeth: a non-existent phenomenon, as birds do not have teeth.
    This says there are a minimum of 1638 B&Bs in Ireland

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

snubbleste wrote: »
    hen's teeth: a non-existent phenomenon, as birds do not have teeth.
    This says there are a minimum of 1638 B&Bs in Ireland

Thats a reduction of over 90% in the past 15 years.
    It was actively promoted as a manner in which particularly rural dwellers, could earn a little off-farm income- and this is reflected in the rural nature of most of the B&Bs still in operation, however the Bord Failte definition of a B&B extends to country homes and purpose built dwellings, which have up to 60 bedrooms (have a look at your own link). In most other countries- these would no longer be classified as B&Bs but rather as 'Inns' or even hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

There used to be one in Glenview Park, lovely house and the owners were sound. Dunno if its still going though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement