Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lollapalooza Chicago

Options
  • 20-07-2013 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Made a very very last minute decision to go to Lollapalooza in Chicago. I'm in Boston for the summer so I'm flying over for reasonably cheap. Going to pick up a ticket somewhere along the way.

Any Boardsie been before? I assume its totally different to Irish festivals! So what do I need? What's the story with bringing drink in? I plan on bringing a Camelback full of spirits in (never had an issue before) but I would prefer to bring in some beers too. What's everything like price wise. Food etc. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

No chance you will get that in. They check everything. You are only allowed to bring sealed bottles of water. Tbh i didnt like it as a festival as it was very generic and too hot :-) there were queues for water stations so i recommend bringing the max water you are allowed. It ws 8$ for cans of budweiser which was the festival beer. There are craft beer places too so i recommend going there instead. The food was really good but again quite pricey...9$ for small portion of pasta.
    The line up this year is waaaaay better so you will have a blast but be warned eat a big brekkie :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Went in 2011 myself and absolutely loved it. Beats the hell out of anything we have imo. Brilliant atmosphere, lots to see and do besides the music. Very well organised, very rarely more then a 2 or 3 person wait for a toilet and oftentimes no wait at all, never a queue for the bars and rarely for food either (probably a different story for the craft beer section though).

Lots of random freebies given out, random cool things to see and do also. Food and drink is predictably expensive but doesn't feel so bad when you're paying in dollars :P Huge food selection as well. Never had any issues with water station queues myself. If you're on a budget and you have a weekend ticket, you're allowed to leave and re-enter a few times a day so if you wanted to duck out and get some cheap food you could as it's right in the middle of the city.

I would usually be more into the harder rock and metal side of things so music-wise Download or its kind are more my kind of thing but the location, weather and atmosphere of Lollapalooza make it the best festival I've ever been to and I definitely intend to go back at some point!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Went last year when I was in NY for the summer. Best part of my summer was my 5 days in Chicago. Best festival I've ever been too. I hate you.

Advertisement