Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with h&m purchase

Options
  • 20-07-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hi

basically i bought some items from h&m online to be delivered with parcel motel

i placed an order on Wednesday, then i checked on thursday and my order vanished from my history

the money was taken from my credit card but the customer service agent told me the order didn't leave the warehouse until i confirm my delivery details

something quite fishy about the whole thing, since they dont even give you an order reference number, all i got was an email confirming my purchase

any ideas on what to do?

will i have any comeback from my credit card if h&m don't refund me?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I dont understand how H&M want 'you ' to confirm your delivery details? Will they ring / email you?

It could mean they will see if your delivery address matches your CC address.

If your purchase doesnt reach parcel motel you will be refunded by your CC company. You are covered for non receipt of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

they told me to get in touch with them to confirm my address and that they do not ship to po box addresses, so they must have thought that the parcel motel address is a po box

funnily enough i had an order shipped there no problem a month ago

i sent an email asking for an explanation and to refund my order if they had no intention of shipping it, i am still waiting for a reply

they told me they dont ship to forwarding addresses so that is the issue

i must have got lucky last month when the order got delivered

she couldn t tell me why the money was taken but i was told to ring back in a week if the money doesn't come back which seems total bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Several companies will not deliver to PO boxes or forwarding addresses, and Parcel Motel is a PO address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

What's the reasoning behind that I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I would think it stops people ordering online using stolen credit cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Credit card fraud, some retailers will only ship to the card holder billing address, their acquirer provides an Address verification service.

well I am glad i won't be able to get anything shipped from this clowns

the money so far is gone

they told me that i'd have to ring them to clarify my ''situation'' or they couldn't process the refund

i told them to ring me, i even have a uk mobile and they wouldn't do that
    so i had to ring them on their 'premium' customer service line

once i rang them one agent went on hold then hung up on me

the other agent told me to wait a week and see if it bounces back

and the funny thing is they are not meant to charge anything until dispatch..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

j4vier wrote: »
    well I am glad i won't be able to get anything shipped from this clowns

the money so far is gone

they told me that i'd have to ring them to clarify my ''situation'' or they couldn't process the refund

i told them to ring me, i even have a uk mobile and they wouldn't do that
    so i had to ring them on their 'premium' customer service line

once i rang them one agent went on hold then hung up on me

the other agent told me to wait a week and see if it bounces back

and the funny thing is they are not meant to charge anything until dispatch..

Tell the story to your card issuer and demand a chargeback.

Advertisement