Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Function Room and Equipment Hire Toddler Party

Options
  • 20-07-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. I'm planning my lil one 2nd birthday. I was hoping to hire a function room in a cafe or a church hall or something like that, but can't find anything in the city centre (ideally in D2).
    I'm also looking for somebody that hires out games and soft play equipment, but can't find anyone who does that.
    I'm not keen going into a play centre - i was hoping that the parents have a nice time with coffee and cake while the kids get on with the playing business, so it should. be a nice get together for the. adults as much as a bit of fun for the children.
    Does anyone know a suitable place? And any tips where to hire equipment? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I know you've said you don't want a play centre, but Panda Play Café in Ballsbridge is a nice combination of play centre and café. It's permanentlyish set up in the function room of Old Belvedere on Anglesea Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 diana1234

Thanks for your quick reply. i looked at their website and it looks nice. The reason why I don't fancy a play centre is just that you pay per child, and Idon't want to start thinking about if that child or parent is nice enough to pay 17€ for them. Otherwise the place looks perfect! Thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I would say you would have a big problem with the cafe or function room owner letting you bring in hired soft games equipment. It would be an insurance nightmare for them. Whilst they wouldnt be responsible and you should have the cover, which you wont be able to get, they would probably get sued anyway in the event of anything going wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I agree Panda Play is quite pricey, but the ideal location if you want a play centre type of place. My 21 month old loves the place, as did my 4 year old nephew the last time he was there. I've only been to the one in Terenure, but the big attraction is that you can see your child at all times. In any of the soft play centres, you spend your time trying to make sure your child is ok & don't sit down all that often.

An alternative would be hiring a room in a hotel. I meet up with a group of mammies with children of the same age. We hire a room & each bring some toys & the kids have a great time. It's normally free room hire but you pay for a coffee & a pastry for the adults. Last year we all brought party snacks, but earlier this year we just brought snacks for our own children, so you needn't spend tons on food, just make some rice krispie buns, fairy cakes etc.

Another group I'm in meet up for afternoon tea, but that's a bit more expensive - about €12 an adult, but covers tea/coffee & some cakes.

Advertisement