Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo OCD?

Options
  • 20-07-2013 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Got some new tattoos recently and for the most part I'm pretty happy with what I got... (what I expected to get!)
    However I'm having a bit of an irk around one part of them.
    It's a name underneath another existing tattoo name. Both are on the upper arm and regardless of how straight I hold my arm, I can see they're still slightly off by a couple of mm's from one end to the other.
    (i.e not 100% parallel)
    So when I bend my arm the angle looks very obvious...
    Now I appreciate that the skin/muscles bend and shape and you will never get a straight line. but it shouldn't be too much to ask to have these in line with each other when the arm is dead straight?
    The last letter at the end of the new name tattoo is also not in line which I think throws it off alot.
    The artist is a reputable artist in the city and I don't feel it warrants naming names.
    I'm still half thinking of calling back in and questioning but I know I will be met with counter arguments from 'the expert'.
    Just wondering what people's thoughts/experiences are on this??
    worth calling back in or potentially tattoo OCD?
    I've been told by a few people already they look alright to them.... but it's always different when it's you wearing the tattoo! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not having seen it, it's hard to comment, but your viewpoint can also skew how it looks a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Did the artist show you the placement and have you agree that the placement of the tattoo was fine? Any tattoo I've had done, they put the stencil on my body part, check that I'm happy with the placement, and then proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Did the artist show you the placement and have you agree that the placement of the tattoo was fine? Any tattoo I've had done, they put the stencil on my body part, check that I'm happy with the placement, and then proceed.
    ah yeah he did and it looked decent in the shop.
    But when it's on and you've oodles of time in the comfort of your home to review it, things like this can suddenly appear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

kormak wrote: »
    ah yeah he did and it looked decent in the shop.
    But when it's on and you've oodles of time in the comfort of your home to review it, things like this can suddenly appear!

By all means, if you're not happy go in and talk to the artist about it, if you want it fixed, but if you agreed to the placement of it, I wouldn't be expecting it to be free. I know you never even implied that, just a word of warning :)

Advertisement