Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB Visa Debit online shopping problem

Options
  • 21-07-2013 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

I have a problem with my card. 2 weeks ago i switched to PTSB and get Visa Debit card. I was trying to buy tickets online and no go with this card. I said "OK" maybe this site don't like my card and used BOI Visa debit without any problems.

Tonight i was trying to order something from river island and the same situation again. But this time the problem was that i closed my BOI account but checked it with my GF card(also BOI) and it was fine - verified by visa message pops out, so tryed again my card and still no go but there was an option to use paypal(i added this card over there) and it went through.

Did anyone had the same problem as I and what can i do with that - last time i rang PTSB and they said that they don't see any attempt to use this card?

Card is activated(or do i have to activated it for online shopping somehow??) - I did that online and i was using PTSB/BOI atm, my name on that card is fine and i triple checked all details that i was filling.

I will ring them in the morning as i am going aboard and this card will be the only one i will have with me:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have used mine online, without issue but only on paypal and home shopping. I didnt get asked for verified by visa stc.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

loki7777 wrote: »
    I have a problem with my card. 2 weeks ago i switched to PTSB and get Visa Debit card. I was trying to buy tickets online and no go with this card. I said "OK" maybe this site don't like my card and used BOI Visa debit without any problems.

Tonight i was trying to order something from river island and the same situation again. But this time the problem was that i closed my BOI account but checked it with my GF card(also BOI) and it was fine - verified by visa message pops out, so tryed again my card and still no go but there was an option to use paypal(i added this card over there) and it went through.

Did anyone had the same problem as I and what can i do with that - last time i rang PTSB and they said that they don't see any attempt to use this card?

Card is activated(or do i have to activated it for online shopping somehow??) - I did that online and i was using PTSB/BOI atm, my name on that card is fine and i triple checked all details that i was filling.

I will ring them in the morning as i am going aboard and this card will be the only one i will have with me:(

Have you activated the Verified by Visa service on your card, try it from here:

https://www.permanenttsb.ie/about-us/need-help/security/verifiedbyvisa/

Select Verified by Visa assistant on the right side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

I did that and i think the problem is with verified by visa because this part of page(frame) doesn't load for this card.
    When i am loging to verified by visa webpage i just can't see the place where i could find my card number or something like that:(

From terms of use - could that be me but why/how?
    We may temporarily or permanently deactivate your ability to use Verified by Visa and terminate your relationship with us at any time, without any penalty or liability, with or without fault on your part.

I did that and i think the problem is with verified by visa because this part of page(frame) doesn't load for this card.
    When i am loging to verified by visa webpage i just can't see the place where i could find my card number or something like that:(

From terms of use - could that be me but why/how?

I switched to PTSB a month ago, used the card to pay my parking at the airport.
    Next week i got letter from their fraudteam, that my card might has been compromised, and when i called them, they told me ab. the parking fee, that had caused the alarm in their system :D

So might be somekind of block aswell, better to call them to make it sure.

I will do that tomorrow. But i rang them 2 weeks ago about the same and no help - except to try pay by call.

• Advertisement

I rang ptsb, they said ring visa and they(visa) gave me nr to ptsb. No solution for that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

finnteme wrote: »
    I switched to PTSB a month ago, used the card to pay my parking at the airport.
    Next week i got letter from their fraudteam, that my card might has been compromised, and when i called them, they told me ab. the parking fee, that had caused the alarm in their system :D

So might be somekind of block aswell, better to call them to make it sure.

A letter a week later? Hmm.. don't know how impressed I'd be with that.

On the two times potentially suspect transactions were flagged on my card AIB rang me there and then (was outside of normal hours too)

Guys I think there is a problem with those cards from PTSB - my gf gets new one today(also switched from PTSB) and i wasn't able to pay with it:( BOI still working fine.

So today i checked with my brothers card at his house and the same he is unable to finish transaction same as I.
    Could that have something to do with let us know when you are going to use card abroad - but i don't think that they wouldn't notice that or maybe there is a time for new cards/customers after which you can use your card online?

Hmm. tried to order food today from justeat and Apache.
    Both pages said that transaction was declined by my bank. Checked my PTSB acc.and there was funds etc to meet the request.
    Tried to call them, but gave up after 10min in hold.
    Will visit the branch tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Is this site verified by visa? If so you will have the same problem as I.
    I contacted them and their IT dept and i should get replay within 2-3 working days.

Is this site verified by visa? If so you will have the same problem as I.
    I contacted them and their IT dept and i should get replay within 2-3 working days.

yes they are, have been using my UB Visa Debit earlier with the same sites without any problems.

I was using BOI so it looks like it is a problem on bank site. You can ring them after 10min You will connect with them - explain Your problem and maybe they will notice that there is a bigger problem. Did you just open your acc with them?

yeah, opened the acc 1 mth ago

Same as I,my brother and my GF. So it looks like all of as are on the same boat.
    Ring them and let them know about that.

Ok, tried again from Dominos, declined..didnt even went to the Verified by Visa stage.
    Called PTSB, nothing wrong with my account and Verified by Visa side. They couldnt even see the request coming from Dominos.

She logged a ticket to the PTSB IT team, need to get another debit card for online shopping if this is not fixed :(

So same as my card - You will be able to use it with some sites like amazon,ebay or add it to paypal. I was even able to order from dabs - they have the verified by visa service but it looks like they are not using it.

Try ring them again ask for Barry - tell him that someone else from Sligo has the same problem - he will knew the story and he should help us.
    He is working only in the morning - he forwarded my case to IT so if they notice that there is more ppl and from different places maybe they will sort it out quicker.

And getting another card for online payments is not a solution at all - i switched from BOI to avoid fees but i didn't had any problems with using my visa debit.

Yeah, in fact i paid some Ryanair tickets with PTSB card couple of weeks ago, and that worked fine.
    Well, the girl in the phone told me that the case is now being forwarded to their IT and they will update me later on.

I think ryanair don't use VbV and that is why You were able to pay. I was waiting for the phone from them as well but i rang them 3-4 times after(because i should get ant answer from them within 30min but it dragged for few hours) that because it is very important for me to be able to use this card where and when i want.

I should get my replay from them about friday/monday .

Dominos came back to me today with a record, that showed that my card failed the Verified by Visa phase, but that wasnt even presented to me when i tried to order..

9aakhe.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

finnteme wrote: »
    Dominos came back to me today with a record, that showed that my card failed the Verified by Visa phase, but that wasnt even presented to me when i tried to order..

9aakhe.png

Does you Visa Debit card starts with 431935?

I have no issue of using my PTSB Visa Debit card with Dominos at all.

I noticed that when I use Internet Explorer with Tracking Protection activated than some vendors have problems showing me the 3V site in a window. So if I go back and turn tracking protection off (or use some other browser) it works fine.

Yes, it starts with 431935

I have been trying to shop online with all the major browsers, all add-ons disabled etc. No joy.
    Only sites that do not require VbV authentication works.

The PTSB IT department is currently looking for this issue for me

got a call from IT department for a while a go, and problem is fixed.
    Tested and i was able to order from just-eat with working VbV :)

And what was the problem? I will just check my card.

Working fine now!!:)

Something with server sync's :) Good to know for other boards.ie members that this is fixable if they have similar problems in the future :)

Advertisement