Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbee querie about xbmc and navi x

• 21-07-2013 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    downloaded xmbc to my mac pro and am using navi x, but i dont want the hassle of constantly hooking it up through hmdi to my samsung lcd. Im wondering what is the most economically cheap way of setting xbmc up without using my macbook pro, so that I can have it permanently attached to the LCD TV?
    as I say im a newbee so all advice welcomed.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

is this easy to set up as it'll be a new adventure for me altogether... thanks by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Follow the how to and you will be up and running in 30 minutes or less. I have a 256MB ram PI and while it is not as smooth as XBMC on my apple TV, it's more than capable of meeting your needs.

The latest PI comes with 512 Ram. Go for that model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

how do you find the apple TV? do you use it for all your tv viewing or are you with UPC or SKY aswel? and if I can ask whats it costing you a month as Im looking for alternatives to UPC at the min.
    Thanks

Advertisement