Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Culchies vs Jackeen's

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Skangers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Omackeral wrote: »
    Anyone who uses the term 'Taytos' to describe crisps in general is a turnip muncher. That is all.

yep the whole concept of calling crisps by the proper brand name is alien to them,everything is tayto in their eyes.really gets on my tits,and everybody knows king make a far superior crisp anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I've forgotten what are Jackeens?? Or who may I ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Without easy access to Kinder Buenos the average Jackeen will perish within 3 days of being released into the wild

Kinder buenos? Kinder buenos?

What a load of bollox, kinder buenos. If you said a breakfast roll, bottle of lucozade and a rolled up newspaper in the back pocket...maybe....maybe you would be on to something.....kinder buenos :rolleyes:

Oh, the cheek ya, ye little pup! The Dublin people demand you remove "Luas" from your username. The Luas is ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

yep the whole concept of calling crisps by the proper brand name is alien to them,everything is tayto in their eyes.really gets on my tits,and everybody knows king make a far superior crisp anyway.

Aren't they made in the same factory? Anyway i think tayto and king taste rotten. I love perry pub crisps though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

The only thing I've encountered is the snobbery some Dublin people have for anyone who doesn't live there. A girl I know is going to college up in Dublin and they were amazed she had broadband considering it wasn't long since she had the luxury of electricity. Of course they're only taking the piss, but so many of them wouldn't dream of living anywhere but Dublin, and a few have given off the impression that it's beneath them to do it, even though some have never even left the capital.

Now I like Dublin a lot and I'd even like to live there some time, but the sense of snobbery some have for Dublin is so often misplaced. Compared to so many other European cities, Dublin ranks quite low for what you get and how expensive it is for what you get as well. I honestly don't see what's so great about Dublin to justify this attitude. I suppose you could categorise me as a culchie for not being in Dublin, but I like both sides them, I've just experienced some Dublin people with a superiority complex to be far more vocal and irritating than the culchie alternative.

All I know is, you culchies have ruined my fair city.

I only get hassle off culchie guards and culchie nurses won't ride me unless I ride a tractor!

Look at it this way. Glenroe vs fair city......which one is still on the air?

Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

I like the dub sense of humour. Very quick. No where else is like it. I don't like the Dublin snobs though, as if they have anything to be snobby about.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,312 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Without easy access to Kinder Buenos the average Jackeen will perish within 3 days of being released into the wild

You still get them over there? I thought they only sold them on the continent...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

You still get them over there? I thought they only sold them on the continent...?

That some wait for it...legend-ary user name you got there! :cool: How do you remember your username??

• Advertisement

Sciprio wrote: »
    Aren't they made in the same factory? Anyway i think tayto and king taste rotten. I love perry pub crisps though.

only a culchie would say this,they ARE NOT the same,Perri crisps were once made in the same factory as tayto but not anymore.tayto and king have not,and never did have any connection.ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,312 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

doovdela wrote: »
    That some wait for it...legend-ary user name you got there! :cool: How do you remember your username??

Got it written on a card :D
    http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1339518649081_1649453.png

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

tayto and king have not,and never did have any connection.ever.
    Owned by the same company :confused:

Owned by the same company :confused:

and what company would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

and what company would that be?
    http://www.largofoods.ie/our-brands/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

All I know is, you culchies have ruined my fair city.

I only get hassle off culchie guards and culchie nurses won't ride me unless I ride a tractor!

Look at it this way. Glenroe vs fair city......which one is still on the air?

Exactly.

Even culchie girls have become all cosmopolitan, nowadays you've no hope of a ride unless you've a horse outside!

That being said though, there's plenty of Dublin girls who go weak knee'd for a bale o' hay and a bottle o' bulmers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Largo.

They're both manky anyway, but I do chuckle when my friend asks for a packet of Nik Nak Tayto or Hunky Dory Tayto.

Tayto is off topic unless you talking about tae and sambo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

Yamanoto wrote: »
    To a degree, sure.

Is it akin to the disconnect an economic migrant from Bihar state may experience emerging onto the streets of Bombay?

Nope.

I don't think you are tbh.

It appears you're being deliberately obtuse for whatever reason. As to seriously claim you don't believe an element of culture-shock may factor when moving from a city to a small rural community just isn't plausible imo.

Sorry now this is laughable. For clarity you said that you moved from Dublin to Kilkenny and experienced "culture shock".

My god have your life experiences so far been limited or something? That might explain it. If they haven't and in fact you have travelled to far away places in the world and/or worked/lived abroad for longer than two weeks and you still say you we're culturally shocked moving to Kilkenny from Dublin then I just don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

1ZRed wrote: »
    The only thing I've encountered is the snobbery some Dublin people have for anyone who doesn't live there. A girl I know is going to college up in Dublin and they were amazed she had broadband considering it wasn't long since she had the luxury of electricity. Of course they're only taking the piss, but so many of them wouldn't dream of living anywhere but Dublin, and a few have given off the impression that it's beneath them to do it, even though some have never even left the capital.

Now I like Dublin a lot and I'd even like to live there some time, but the sense of snobbery some have for Dublin is so often misplaced. Compared to so many other European cities, Dublin ranks quite low for what you get and how expensive it is for what you get as well. I honestly don't see what's so great about Dublin to justify this attitude. I suppose you could categorise me as a culchie for not being in Dublin, but I like both sides them, I've just experienced some Dublin people with a superiority complex to be far more vocal and irritating than the culchie alternative.
    Completely agree.
    In fact take a drive through areas like Glenshane or Russell ave in Tallaght. Take a spare wheel. You are likely to get a puncture with the rubbish the residents thrown on their own street. Dublin is a kip in most places the tourists don't go. Highly over rated

• Advertisement

well i stand corrected:) i knew they owned tayto but i wasn't aware they had taken over king.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Even culchie girls have become all cosmopolitan, nowadays you've no hope of a ride unless you've a horse outside!

That being said though, there's plenty of Dublin girls who go weak knee'd for a bale o' hay and a bottle o' bulmers! :D

If I have 2 horses, what can I get?

Jesus, hay and Bulmers? Dublin girls are tramps! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

one thing i like about being from Dublin is that the gaa didnt have an all prevading influence on my childhood

Not being from Dublin, I'm glad I wasn't raised by either the Billie Barry Kids, or the Martin Cahill scouts. Well known that these are the only two organisations which educate and feed the kids of the capital.

If I have 2 horses, what can I get?

That kind of horsepower Senor you'll have soggy knickers flung at you from all directions, better bring your Joe Dolan scarf to wipe up the mess :pac:

Jesus, hay and Bulmers? Dublin girls are tramps! :)

Ahh they're great fun, but tis hard to beat a farmers daughter, and they have the added bonus that the bog tan doesn't transfer to your sheets in the morning, unlike the fake tan them city girls wear that leave your sheets like somebody shat themselves trainspotting style! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Tipperary girl does her leaving cert, goes to UCD and comes home at Christmas with an American accent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

I'd love to build a big wall around the Greater Dublin area and keep these gombeens out. Ex-patriate the others out of their cushy lazy civil servant jobs. Get the city working efficiently. Those that have Dublin kids can stay provided they sign an oath of allegience.

We can let them in once a year to go to Croker, charge them a €20 toll at Checkpoint Jackeen out past the Red Cow. This €20 toll includes a bochel of club orange and a package of Tayto.

All taxes raised in Dublin will be spent in Dublin.

Lets see what they have to say then.
    #cromwellwasright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Jesus christ. There are some amount of absolute tossers in this thread. Superiority complex, gigantic ego's, arrogant knobheads, ignorant fools.

In reality, the differences between dublin city and the rest of the country are minimal, aside from scenery and accent. Anybody who thinks they're so special and different, are living in a sad fantasy land.

I hate to say it, but it is usually the dublin people on here (mind you, its only on after-hours really) that seem to love ranting about how inferior outside of dublin is.

The people from outside of dublin love to rant about how **** dublin is and how its full of scumbags. Which is true, but then the dubliners come back with, "ye but shur u only vizit o connel street once a year 4 christmas shopping and going to UCD".

Dublin is just like any other city in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Greasy bacon, sausages, potatoes and onion they put in a pot and they call it coddle

Only a Dub would find such a thing appetizing

Jesus christ. There are some amount of absolute tossers in this thread. Superiority complex, gigantic ego's, arrogant knobheads, ignorant fools.

In reality, the differences between dublin city and the rest of the country are minimal, aside from scenery and accent. Anybody who thinks they're so special and different, are living in a sad fantasy land.

I hate to say it, but it is usually the dublin people on here (mind you, its only on after-hours really) that seem to love ranting about how inferior outside of dublin is.

The people from outside of dublin love to rant about how **** dublin is and how its full of scumbags. Which is true, but then the dubliners come back with, "ye but shur u only vizit o connel street once a year 4 christmas shopping and going to UCD".

Dublin is just like any other city in this country.

Ahh geez, most people are only having a laugh, nobody with half an ounce of common sense and a sense of humor takes that shìt seriously!

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Greasy bacon, sausages, potatoes and onion they put in a pot and they call it coddle

Only a Dub would find such a thing appetizing

Speak up man!

I can't hear you over the screams of you pleasuring your sister.

Advertisement