Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Culchies vs Jackeen's

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Stojkovic wrote: »
    I'd love to build a big wall around the Greater Dublin area and keep these gombeens out. Ex-patriate the others out of their cushy lazy civil servant jobs. Get the city working efficiently. Those that have Dublin kids can stay provided they sign an oath of allegience.

We can let them in once a year to go to Croker, charge them a €20 toll at Checkpoint Jackeen out past the Red Cow. This €20 toll includes a bochel of club orange and a package of Tayto.

All taxes raised in Dublin will be spent in Dublin.

Lets see what they have to say then.
    #cromwellwasright

Alright. I'll just head to London instead. A far better and diverse city with much more to see and do.

You can keep your quarantine zone to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Greasy bacon, sausages, potatoes and onion they put in a pot and they call it coddle

Only a Dub would find such a thing appetizing
    I asked a Dubliner once, had a foreign name Scumbag Van Der Knacker it was, what was in coddle. He said it didn't matter as long as a culchie baby was thrown into the pot as well! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

1ZRed wrote: »
    Alright. I'll just head to London instead. A far better and diverse city with much more to see and do.

Ohes noes......how will we survive without you? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Jesus christ. There are some amount of absolute tossers in this thread. Superiority complex, gigantic ego's, arrogant knobheads, ignorant fools.

In reality, the differences between dublin city and the rest of the country are minimal, aside from scenery and accent. Anybody who thinks they're so special and different, are living in a sad fantasy land.

I hate to say it, but it is usually the dublin people on here (mind you, its only on after-hours really) that seem to love ranting about how inferior outside of dublin is.

The people from outside of dublin love to rant about how **** dublin is and how its full of scumbags. Which is true, but then the dubliners come back with, "ye but shur u only vizit o connel street once a year 4 christmas shopping and going to UCD".

Dublin is just like any other city in this country.

Yet another hypocrite who thinks their own brand of bullsh1t is the right one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Ahh geez, most people are only having a laugh, nobody with half an ounce of common sense and a sense of humor takes that shìt seriously!

Bollocks. Quite a lot of people are diehard keyboard warriors for the cause on afterhours. You see it derailing loads of threads on here. Its irritating and annoying.
    I'm usually somebody who simply doesn´t care about such crap but its getting on my nerves. Although, I'm sure saying that will only make me a target for mockery on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

They've a big wall over there too called the Watford Gap. Surprised you havent heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Speak up man!

I can't hear you over the screams of you pleasuring your sister.

How I lol'd. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The only thing I've encountered is the snobbery some Dublin people have for anyone who doesn't live there. A girl I know is going to college up in Dublin and they were amazed she had broadband considering it wasn't long since she had the luxury of electricity. Of course they're only taking the piss, but so many of them wouldn't dream of living anywhere but Dublin, and a few have given off the impression that it's beneath them to do it, even though some have never even left the capital.

Now I like Dublin a lot and I'd even like to live there some time, but the sense of snobbery some have for Dublin is so often misplaced. Compared to so many other European cities, Dublin ranks quite low for what you get and how expensive it is for what you get as well. I honestly don't see what's so great about Dublin to justify this attitude. I suppose you could categorise me as a culchie for not being in Dublin, but I like both sides them, I've just experienced some Dublin people with a superiority complex to be far more vocal and irritating than the culchie alternative.

To be fair certain parts of Galway city would have their fair share of snobs as well.

I'd love to build a big wall around the Greater Dublin area and keep these gombeens out. Ex-patriate the others out of their cushy lazy civil servant jobs. Get the city working efficiently. Those that have Dublin kids can stay provided they sign an oath of allegience.

We can let them in once a year to go to Croker, charge them a €20 toll at Checkpoint Jackeen out past the Red Cow. This €20 toll includes a bochel of club orange and a package of Tayto.

All taxes raised in Dublin will be spent in Dublin.

Lets see what they have to say then.
    #cromwellwasright

Never thought I would see an Irish person type those last 3 words about that murdering c**t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

I love the way Dublin superiority survives the reality of life in Dublin. When was the last time a culchie shat on the pavements, or burnt a trawler in Howth, or attacked trains, or deliberately broke the elevators in Howth Junction, or harassed everybody on O'Connell street.

• Advertisement

Never thought I would see an Irish person type those last 3 words about that murdering c**t
    Are you blaming him because you're from Galway and not Dublin !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

To be fair certain parts of Galway city would have their fair share of snobs as well.

That's why I was laughing at the 'Dubs vs Culchie' thing. There were girls I knew from Galway city out, around Taylor's Hill, that would vomit if they were referred to as culchies!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,312 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I love the way Dublin superiority survives the reality of life in Dublin. When was the last time a culchie shat on the pavements, or burnt a trawler in Howth, or attacked trains, or deliberately broke the elevators in Howth Junction, or harassed everybody on O'Connell street.

Are you saying that neither crime not ant-social behaviour exists in Ireland outside of Dublin?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Are you blaming him because you're from Galway and not Dublin !

You're wasting your time there jack, most of us have moved on from 25 years ago when there used to be a war of words going on between the dubs and everyone else.

I've travelled around most of your city and parts of it I wouldn't like to see a dog living in so I'm quite happy to be a bogger from Galway.

You're wasting your time there jack, most of us have moved on from 25 years ago when there used to be a war of words going on between the dubs and everyone else.

I've travelled around most of your city and parts of it I wouldn't like to see a dog living in so I'm quite happy to be a bogger from Galway.
    I couldnt give a fart either, just joining in the fun.

Its not 'my' city either, neither is it 'my' country. I'd be ashamed to claim it after what certain ***** have continually done to it in the last 30 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I love the way Dublin superiority survives the reality of life in Dublin. When was the last time a culchie shat on the pavements,

Only a couple of weeks ago, I posted in the trivial things that annoy you thread about it, skinny guy making a futile attempt to provide cover for his three times the size of him girlfriend while she emptied herself onto the footpath.

or burnt a trawler in Howth

Not in Howth, but they wreck and vandalise plenty of boats in Killaloe.

or attacked trains

I don't know about trains, but there are plenty times fire brigades and ambulance crews are stoned while attending the scene of a fire or an accident.

or deliberately broke the elevators in Howth Junction

Petty vandalism is certainly not unique to Dublin.

or harassed everybody on O'Connell street.

Chuggers, Jehovahs, Islamists, you can't walk down the street without the fcukers getting up in your face. Again, not an issue unique to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

November 12 2011, the night Ireland played Estonia.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

becost wrote: »
    Culchies and Scangers are exactly the same. Both aggressive low intelligence inbreds. Only real difference is one lives in a flat complex and the other on a farm. Regarding people from various parts of the country that slag off Cork, theirs a saying; "when you're on the top, people will always try to knock you down". :pac:
    With a stupid post like that you must be one of the low intelligence group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Yiz are all only a load of spud munchin' paddies. Stop getting above your station thinking there's any way to distinguish between your big potato-shaped head. Your all the same.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Wellies, baling twine, red lemonade, wax jackets, hang sandwiches, green diesel, muck, bacon and cabbage 7 days a week, GAA, standing at the back of mass, dirty fingernails.

V

Tracksuits tucked into white socks, rollies, sovereign rings, Burberry hats, robbing cars, Blackrock snobbery, "de gubberment", scumbags, howiyas, brown sauce in tea.

• Advertisement

Yiz are all only a load of spud munchin' paddies. Stop getting above your station thinking there's any way to distinguish between your big potato-shaped head. Your all the same.

:)

Quiet pistachio head! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Surely the terms 'Dublin' and 'country' are too broad? For example, I personally would rather live in Dublin close to the city (as I do) than rural Leitrim, in the same way I would rather live by the sea in West Cork or Kerry than certain parts of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Whatever about mullahs and Dubliners the worst category to be stuck in would be the pseudo urban mullahs: living in areas of relatively condensed culchie mass like Galway or Dundalk that labour undet the delusion thst they live in a city and are not actual turf munchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Tracksuits tucked into white socks, rollies, sovereign rings, Burberry hats, robbing cars, Blackrock snobbery, "de gubberment", scumbags, howiyas, brown sauce in tea.[/QUOTE]

You forgot leaving dirty nappies on the beach and general throwing rubbish everywhere including littering your own estate and expecting the 'corpo' to clean up after you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

MJ23 wrote: »
    Wellies, baling twine, red lemonade, wax jackets, hang sandwiches, green diesel, muck, bacon and cabbage 7 days a week, GAA, standing at the back of mass, dirty fingernails.

V

Tracksuits tucked into white socks, rollies, sovereign rings, Burberry hats, robbing cars, Blackrock snobbery, "de gubberment", scumbags, howiyas, brown sauce in tea.

Brown sauce in tea? :O I'm from Dublin am never heard of that! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 33,312 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Wouldn't worry about it - it ust means he gets all his factual informatino from watching movies.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

MJ23?

Micky Joe 23 more like.....defo culchie!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

When was the last time a culchie shat on the pavements

A few weeks ago outside my friends house in Drumcondra on their way to a match. He caught them! Dirty fookers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

oldyouth wrote: »
    Have you noticed how quickly culchies (particularly girls) adopt the D4 accent as soon as they spend some time in Dublin. They can't wait to shake off their culchie heritage.

I've been up here (Dublin) two years now living with my soft spoken Dublin boyfriend and not only have I not picked up a D4 accent, but I'm proud of my inability to pronounce the word roulaaaaade without sounding like an inbred mullah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

MJ23?

Micky Joe 23 more like.....defo culchie!

Yes, I'm a big muck savage. Wrangler jeans, stripey shirts with sleeves rolled up, ox blood Doc Martin shoes, dog with 1 eye sits on the passenger seat. Digestive bishcuits, Lilt, Guinness farts, shower once a fortnight, Christmas shopping in Dunnes. Annual outing up to Dublin on December 8th.

Advertisement