Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caha Mountain Range query

Options
  • 21-07-2013 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

I'll be climbing either the Sugarloaf or the Hungry Hill this coming week pending advice and research to determine which mountain.

Has anyone lurking and/or posting in here climbed either or both and would have any advice to share/impart on me?

I've not done any scrambling since my teens and would not be great at descending to begin with; so descending and scrambling may not be ideal for a newbie muontain-climber that is I :o Would that rule out the Hungry Hill could anyone tell me?

Many Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭thebishop

Never been on Hungry Hill.Sugar Loaf not to bad depending on which way up you go.You could go on part of the Beara way. Starting at Coomerkane .Theres a track that goes up to the ridge of the mountain and continues most of the way to Sugar Loaf.Wonderful views once you get up there.P.M me if you want any other info or directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

thebishop wrote: »
    Never been on Hungry Hill.Sugar Loaf not to bad depending on which way up you go.You could go on part of the Beara way. Starting at Coomerkane .Theres a track that goes up to the ridge of the mountain and continues most of the way to Sugar Loaf.Wonderful views once you get up there.P.M me if you want any other info or directions.

Thanks for your reply. My research is coming together nicely now; but must get in to so much detail for myself (preparing for a Mountain Skills Assessment) and trying to get my head around everything involved personally without relying so much on others. It's a good thing I like planning and organising :)

Still un-decided, but most are pushing me toward the good auld Sugarloaf, but the challenge of scrambling on HUngry Hill in enticing!

Thanks again,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement