Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Appliances Disposal

Options
  • 21-07-2013 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have some kitchen appliances to dispose, but have no idea where... Green/brown bin? Any ideas?

Thanks, Nadia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

I have some kitchen appliances to dispose, but have no idea where... Green/brown bin? Any ideas?

Thanks, Nadia

You'll have to write down what they are as there is different regulations for different things;
    • anything electrical has to be taken back to the shop you bought it/it's replacement.
    • Batteries are disposed separately - tescos sometimes have bins for them.
    If you look up the county/city council websites they give a list of large recycling centres where you can recycle nearly anything so that might be a better option as it can all be got rid of in one trip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

If they are still in working order stick them up on the free section on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

Used freecycle.org before to get rid of cooker, fridge, microwave etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

you can get rid of them for free at one of the many recycling plants around Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Why do electrical items 'have' to be taken to the shop. My toaster breaks I'm likely to bin the thing

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

hdowney wrote: »
    Why do electrical items 'have' to be taken to the shop. My toaster breaks I'm likely to bin the thing

We're supposed to be green and follow the rules and tbf i think most in Ireland do. If you buy a new fridge they take the old girl away, and Adverts....you'd be surprised how many people are looking for fridges, especially if they are free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

hdowney wrote: »

But you'll be going to a shop to buy a new one so why not bring the old one for the shop to dispose of correctly, you've already paid for it with the WEE.

Sticking it in the bin is just lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I didn't buy a new one, I just use the grill on the oven. I'd have probably took it to the shop if I'd been buying a new one, or if I had a bulk of stuff I'd have took it to the recycling centre. Generally I recycle stuff, it just this once transpired that it went in the bin.

Advertisement