Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much would it cost?

Options
  • 21-07-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

hi all, I have a level 8 degree that I completed in 2011 but I would like to go back to college and study nursing or a similar course. I am aware that I would not qualify for a grant or free fees so was wondering how much would it cost to do the course? would be looking at colleges in Dublin. also would I be able to apply for btea if I was unemployed and met the criteria or does the fact I already have a degree rule me out? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

hi all, I have a level 8 degree that I completed in 2011 but I would like to go back to college and study nursing or a similar course. I am aware that I would not qualify for a grant or free fees so was wondering how much would it cost to do the course? would be looking at colleges in Dublin. also would I be able to apply for btea if I was unemployed and met the criteria or does the fact I already have a degree rule me out? thanks

If you already have a degree then you have to pay EU fees - they should be available on the various colleges' websites. Re BTEA - not entirely sure - it looks unlikely as Nursing is also a Level 8 afaik. Further details here http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/BTEA-Frequently-Asked-Questions.aspx and here http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/back_to_education/back_to_education_allowance.html

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You cant get BTEA if you already have a degree

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

What is your undergrad degree in? There are some nursing conversion courses in the UK for holders of particular degrees which would mean you wouldnt be in college for as long.

Advertisement