Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beach in Dublin for learner swimmer

• 21-07-2013 12:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hello

I am a very weak swimmer and can only swim about 25 metres ( dont laugh ) so im looking for a beach where I can be relatively close to the shore and can stand up at waist / chest height without strong currents.

All due to safety and then when I hear about all these drownings, I want to be extra safe.

Is there any beach in Dublin that would suit my needs ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

What part of Dublin you from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

mad m wrote: »
    What part of Dublin you from?

I live around Southside Dublin city
    I'm not from Dublin originally.

Why ??

I live around Southside Dublin city
    I'm not from Dublin originally.

Why ??

Ah just trying to keep you near to where you live.

If your a weak swimmer, I'd stick you places with life guards obviously. Couple of places which might suit you, Sandycove beach, Kiliney beach (can be deep though if you venture out to far) but very easy to swim parallel to shore.

All these places are fine but you can judge it to go when the tide is going out, like for instance Seapoint is great when tide is going out, you can walk/ swim out to yellow buoys and still be ale to stand up. But judge it when tide is going out.

Portmarnock beach is also lovely but over Northside.

mad m wrote: »
    Ah just trying to keep you near to where you live.

If your a weak swimmer, I'd stick you places with life guards obviously. Couple of places which might suit you, Sandycove beach, Kiliney beach (can be deep though if you venture out to far) but very easy to swim parallel to shore.

All these places are fine but you can judge it to go when the tide is going out, like for instance Seapoint is great when tide is going out, you can walk/ swim out to yellow buoys and still be ale to stand up. But judge it when tide is going out.

Portmarnock beach is also lovely but over Northside.

Thanks for all the help
    And yeah if try and do all my swimming parallel with the shore.

And one more thing. When is the tide at its highest ?

And when does it go out ?

• Advertisement

And one more thing. When is the tide at its highest ?

And when does it go out ?

http://www.tidetimes.org.uk/dublin-north-wall-tide-times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

salthill/seapoint would be good, its fairly sheltered and not to deep

ted1 wrote: »
    salthill/seapoint would be good, its fairly sheltered and not to deep

Thanks, I know Seapoint but not Salthill, where is that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

its the same beach, salthill is the other end of the beach nearer to Dun Laoighre.

Advertisement