Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starforge Alpha looks unreal! 10 euro!

Options
  • 21-07-2013 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Just bought Starforge for 10 euro on steam, looks like tribes meets minecraft meets source forts!

anyone played this? gameplay trailer looks really new and innovative!

Thoughts? Installing now.

next-gen sandbox experience, StarForge is a game about gathering resources, building bases, crafting anything you want, and surviving on an alien planet. Earth's star is dying and humanity transferred as much technology and resources as possible and left on a one way mission to populate another planet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I was going to get it but then someone mention that the team behind it are not going to guarantee that you'll get anything past this alpha build, the forums have loads of threads being locked from angry users.

Wouldn't give them a penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Varik wrote: »
    I was going to get it but then someone mention that the team behind it are not going to guarantee that you'll get anything past this alpha build, the forums have loads of threads being locked from angry users.

Wouldn't give them a penny.

Well then the question is.. does the alpha build have enough content to warrant €10? A tenner to me is the price of a movie at the cinema which gives me 2 hours of entertainment, I feel this can keep me occupied for more than 2 hours and there is a strong hope that it will go on after alpha.

No regrets yet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I'm away from a computer at the minute but it is very heavy graphics and CPU wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I'm away from a computer at the minute but it is very heavy graphics and CPU wise?

seems to have a few modes for beautiful graphics or better fps. I dont think its graphics intensive, maybe CPU intensive later on but not too the same capacity as minecraft. From what I see myself atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

just bought it downloading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

downloaded.

not very big :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

It's 13.99 for the Alpha + Full game on release. Paying 10 to Alpha test as game is all kinds of wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I bought it last year from their site. Back then it looked promising and tbh it hasn't progressed all that much since. The team behind it seem pretty small so I think you'll be waiting a long time to see a final release. I personally don't think there is enough content to warrant the price of 10 euro. I do hope the developers continue to work on it however because it is promising but again progress on it has been very slow. Also just to mention its not terribly well optimized so expect problems there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Horrendous UI which makes it near impossible to accurately place most items. No idea what you are building or even the name of the resources you pickup.

You get bored in about 5-10 minutes. The trailer is basically false advertising.

I've seen almost no progress in the last month.

I know it's Alpha, but I honestly couldn't recommend spending any money on this. Wait a year or two for it to reach beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anbody playing this in its current state?

Going cheap on steam sale and cant decide between this and space engineers

• Advertisement
Advertisement