Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mouse sliding all over the screen?

Options
  • 21-07-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

its not got water damage. or any dust etc inside
    it does it even when i plug the usb mouse in it dell laptop 14 months old.
    never gave me a bit of bother till this
    odd.:D
    ps it just does it almost rendomly it may be great for a whole day and then it goes crazy for an hour or so . lol.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

First I thought it could be the mouse on a shiny surface.
    If you put an optical mouse on a reflective surface it can confuse it and the mouse can stray all over the screen by itself.

But maybe it's a fault with your touchpad in the laptop.
    Maybe you can disable the touchpad?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭teddyteddy

still the same........................ anoying il take it to a store tomorrow perhaps cheap fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Unless it's a really expensive mouse there's probably not much point in trying to get it fixed when you could pick up a new one for 7 or 8 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

try booting from a linux live CD or even a windows recovery disc to see if the cursor does the same thing from a controlled environment. you can also try safe mode

tried in safe mode works perfect odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

so you have some program running thats causing the issue in normal mode. not a hardware issue then.

yes now to find it lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

do you have a mouse stick in the middle of the keyboard? if so it could be you are hitting off it may need to disable it

Advertisement