Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tanio Koba inner barrels.

• 21-07-2013 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a place to source them as they nowhere to be found.

PArticularly, looking for a P90 length barrel, although a longer one would be just fine too.

Also looking for peoples experiences with them with different brand guns, stock vs custom, lengths, bb weights and anything else.

Cheers lads :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

In general I found them to be pretty poor in anything except bolt action rifles. On semi auto they're fine, but I was not impressed with the consistency on full auto. I never saw the range improvements as that significant over a good 6.04mm tightbore barrel, and yet they come in at double the cost. So yes, although on semi-auto they achieve a better shot to shot consistency and a little more range, for me it was not significant enough to warrant the additional cost.

I've used them in M4 builds with G&P chambers, ProWin chambers and G&G chambers with Guarder Clear Prometheus purple and G&G Green hop up rubbers. I've also used them in WELL L96, where the range gain was far more noticeable. BB wise I was using 0.25g at an absolute minimum, and 0.28g being optimal for my setups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

As inari said they work better with stable airflow ie from a bolt action or pistol ,
    The violent airflow during full auto dulls the effect due to inconsistent airflow and fps ,
    In saying that some people swear by them for aegs never seen the benifit myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Cheers for the advice lads looks like I might aswell just get one for the pistol and stick to a good tight bore for my aegs, thanks lads.

Advertisement