Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13 Cup Competition - Interest?

Options
  • 21-07-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Lads, any interest in a cup competition now that franchises all over are coming to a close?

I think it would be a good option for a few reasons. It would give competitive games to those who haven't made the playoffs in the main franchise and those who need them ahead of Madden 25 (ie, me :pac:) and would also give more games to those who want them.

I was thinking that each round would be a best of three, so every player would get at least two competitive games rather than possibly being one and done. With regards to picking teams, I was thinking either a random draw or possibly a quick draft with draft positions drawn at random and the player then picking the team they want.

I'll set it up and run it.

Who's in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Paully D wrote: »
    Lads, any interest in a cup competition now that franchises all over are coming to a close?

I think it would be a good option for a few reasons. It would give competitive games to those who haven't made the playoffs in the main franchise and those who need them ahead of Madden 25 (ie, me :pac:) and would also give more games to those who want them.

I was thinking that each round would be a best of three, so every player would get at least two competitive games rather than possibly being one and done. With regards to picking teams, I was thinking either a random draw or possibly a quick draft with draft positions drawn at random and the player then picking the team they want.

I'll set it up and run it.

Who's in?

I'm in

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah count me in paully

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

In

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No way :pac:

I'm trading Madden 13 in the day Dave knocks me out of the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

No thanks too busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I'd be up for it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ya I'll play too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

6 in so far. I'll wait until the middle/end of the week to see how many more we can get involved and then proceed from there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'll hold off until Madden 25. I've 3 sets of playoffs on the go, or I will if win a game or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'll play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

i'll give it a go seen as i'll have no madden games after this week

8 people in so far, any more want to join? I'll leave it open until late tonight and then create the bracket. I think the best way to pick teams would be a very quick random draft, do people have any other suggestions on what way they would like to select teams?

I don't mind,if there's only 8 of us we'll all get good teams anyway

Here's the bracket, from Challonge.com (link):

fbf00dec21652b16691841f2c73a2a5b.png

Using the seeds that Challonge.com randomised, the draft order for picking teams is below:

1) Pudsy
    2) Rock Lesnar
    3) Perrin
    4) Giffney
    5) Padraic
    6) Heli
    7) Paully
    8) Mike

I'll PM Pudsy to let him know he's first up, and then after each pick can players PM the next player below them on the list to let them know it's their turn to select.

Each round of games is a best of 3, so every player will get at least two games.

I don't think there's any point in putting a time limit on getting each round completed as there's no hurry really and with only 8 of us it should pass by quick enough. All players are pretty active on the forum and Madden 25 isn't out for another 5 weeks anyway.

Once both players against each other have their team picked then fire away with scheduling games.

Enjoy it lads, it's likely to be the last games that many play of this edition of Madden. Best of luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm gonna take the Vikings, might aswell try someone different.

Rock pm'd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I'll take the Colts, ive grown to love them :-)

Funnily enough I was siding towards the vikings myself,I'll make a pick in the next half hour

Panthers
    PM sent

Come on Gif!!!!

Ehhhhh im gonna say texans!

• Advertisement

Seahawks for me and pm sent...

any chance u wanna play one of these games now patraic?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Redskins

Lovely stuff, I'll take my Ravens (sorry, Mike :)). I haven't played with them at all since the Super Bowl run so I'm looking forward to it.

Redskins versus the Panthers so,whens good for you Heli?

In the morning?

Da Browns!

Pudsy, I'm around all weekend. Whatever suits you

any chance u wanna play one of these games now patraic?

Only see this now mate- when you around next?

• Advertisement

In the morning?
    Is around now any good?

Advertisement