Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13 Cup Competition - Interest?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Round 1: Browns 19 Vikings 20
    Round 2: Vikings 31 Browns 35
    Round 3: ???

Sorry for no mic Pudsy, will have one for sure next day

I went for it on 4th & 7. I was inside the 40, down a score inside the 4th quarter and I sent a message. Hope that was ok

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Perfectly fine mate. Well played. 3rd one should be an epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Round 1
    Seahawks 34 Texans 31

What a great game, close all the way!
    MVP for me was Golden Tate- 2 catches for 175 yards!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    No problem mate. I'm out all weekend anyway so it'll be Monday evening or Tuesday before I can get on. I'll let you know on Monday :)

Rock, just to add to the above I won't be able to get on to play this today. I could do tomorrow afternoon/early evening or late at night (after 10:30pm) if that's any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rock, just to add to the above I won't be able to get on to play this today. I could do tomorrow afternoon/early evening or late at night (after 10:30pm) if that's any good?

Ah sure we'll sort something out paully, not sure about the early evening, but i can do 10.30 if thats any good

• Advertisement

Ah sure we'll sort something out paully, not sure about the early evening, but i can do 10.30 if thats any good

No problem mate, that's perfect. We'll say 10:30 tomorrow night so. Talk to you then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Round 3: Browns 20 Vikings 17

Browns advance, nice playing ya Pudsy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Round 3: Browns 20 Vikings 17

Browns advance, nice playing ya Pudsy

:(

8 points over 3 games, really close.

Rock, I'm having an absolute nightmare trying to get signed in. Xbox has decided to ask me for about 1,000 different security steps. I'll be on ASAP and will add your gamertag when I do get on.

Rock, I'm having an absolute nightmare trying to get signed in. Xbox has decided to ask me for about 1,000 different security steps. I'll be on ASAP and will add your gamertag when I do get on.

cool i'm having trouble with the mic so if i keep fading in and out, i can only apologise in advance, the young lad got hold of it earlier and turned into something from rory the racing car :D.

• Advertisement

cool i'm having trouble with the mic so if i keep fading in and out, i can only apologise in advance, the young lad got hold of it earlier and turned into something from rory the racing car :D.

No problem mate, mine is on the blink thanks to a dodgy jack on the controller so I won't have a mic on either. I've been meaning to replace it for the last year at this stage :pac:

No problem mate, mine is on the blink thanks to a dodgy jack on the controller so I won't have a mic on either. I've been meaning to replace it for the last year at this stage :pac:

Only seen this now and thankfully you didnt hear me, there was a few expletives cos that was painful to watch, i was never gonna win but man my recievers had no hands, ballard dropping in the end zone nearly had the control in the tele.

when you wanna do round 2, i'm getting hammered tomorrow night by mikey at 9, will we say thursday night at 9

Ravens win game one against the Colts by a score of 16-3.

It was really a battle of Fleener vs Rice, with both players racking up the majority of yards for their teams.

Rock, you were extremely unlucky a few times in this one as Wayne was flagged out of bounds on an extremely close call when he was free down the sideline, a ball was tipped into Jimmy Smiths hands in the endzone, Jacoby Jones somehow caught a ball in plenty of traffic while getting a facemask call to move me further up the field and Rice broke through two tackles in the next play to score a TD. Also, as you say, your receivers couldn't catch a cold all game.

Good game though mate, I enjoyed that. RE: game two (I've just seen your post above). Yep, Thursday at 9pm should be absolutely fine.

Ravens win game one against the Colts by a score of 16-3.

It was really a battle of Fleener vs Rice, with both players racking up the majority of yards for their teams.

Rock, you were extremely unlucky a few times in this one as Wayne was flagged out of bounds on an extremely close call when he was free down the sideline, a ball was tipped into Jimmy Smiths hands in the endzone, Jacoby Jones somehow caught a ball in plenty of traffic while getting a facemask call to move me further up the field and Rice broke through two tackles in the next play to score a TD. Also, as you say, your receivers couldn't catch a cold all game.

Good game though mate, I enjoyed that. RE: game two (I've just seen your post above). Yep, Thursday at 9pm should be absolutely fine.

Forgot that Wayne call, he actually got called for illegal contact, not sure how it happened

Well played Paully although this time i felt i stopped rice well, and apart from 2 pass interference calls :eek: on 3rd downs to :eek: in the 1st half, that you then got TD's from, it was going to be a close game, i was chasing it after that

Ravens progress to the next round to play Perrin or Heli with a 31-7 win over the Colts.
    Well played Paully although this time i felt i stopped rice well, and apart from 2 pass interference calls :rolleyes: in the 1st half, that you then got TD's from, it was going to be a close game, i was chasing it after that

Thanks mate, I enjoyed the series, a couple of good games.

You definitely did stop Rice well, he only had around 35 yards (not including garbage time) which forced me to go to the throw more, which I'm far less comfortable with. I also struggled to stop Fleener again (8 receptions for 71 yards) and Brown burnt me twice big time (averaging 27 yards per catch).

In all my time playing Madden I've seen around 3 pass interference calls, very strange to see two in one night especially against the same player! You didn't get the rub of the green at all over the two games.

I tried to be more cautious tonight (ie, no turnovers, only throw when my receiver is free and let plays develop more) and went 12/16 for 208 yards so I was pretty happy with that, as I've always struggled with the pass game.

Catch you in Madden 25, Rock!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ravens progress to the next round to play Perrin or Heli with a 31-7 win over the Colts.

Thanks mate, I enjoyed the series, a couple of good games.

You definitely did stop Rice well, he only had around 35 yards (not including garbage time) which forced me to go to the throw more, which I'm far less comfortable with.

In all my time playing Madden I've seen around 3 pass interference calls, very strange to see two in one night especially against the same player! You didn't get the rub of the green at all over the two games.

I tried not to be more cautious tonight (ie, no turnovers, only throw when my receiver is free and let plays develop more) and went 12/16 for 208 yards so I was pretty happy with that, as I've always struggled with the pass game.

Catch you in Madden 25, Rock!
    Heli's disk broke,don't think he'll be getting another before the next madden so whens good for you?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Heli's disk broke,don't think he'll be getting another before the next madden so whens good for you?

I can play game one now if you want mate? We'll do game two (and three if necessary) at some stage over the weekend?

I can play game one now if you want mate? We'll do game two (and three if necessary) at some stage over the weekend?
    Ya sound ill jump over now

• Advertisement

Ravens take a 1-0 series lead on the Panthers with a 20-10 win in game one.

Flacco started the game where he left off against the Colts in the previous round, completing 10/10 of his passes in the Ravens first few drives, but the Panthers got back level at 10 a piece with an Olsen TD and Gano FG, before Torrey Smith took a pass to the house for a 77 yard TD on the very next Ravens play and Tucker sealed things with a 40 yard FG.

Good game Perrin and there were some great user picks from yourself. Game two should be good.

I definitely won't be able to play tomorrow but should be around at some stage on Saturday or Sunday so I'll post up on here as soon as I know.

Ravens take a 1-0 series lead on the Panthers with a 20-10 win in game one.

Flacco started the game where he left off against the Colts in the previous round, completing 10/10 of his passes in the Ravens first few drives, but the Panthers got back level at 10 a piece with an Olsen TD and Gano FG, before Torrey Smith took a pass to the house for a 77 yard TD on the very next Ravens play and Tucker sealed things with a 40 yard FG.

Good game Perrin and there were some great user picks from yourself. Game two should be good.

I definitely won't be able to play tomorrow but should be around at some stage on Saturday or Sunday so I'll post up on here as soon as I know.

GG Paully well played.Poor Cam had to watch half the time as O-line collasped in front of him and the D...well unless I was usering them pre snap they had their backs turned away from ball on passing plays.
    Good call on your final TD,with you pushed back I thought you might run it out but you passed and brought it home.

Hey Perrin,

I'll be around tonight from after around 10pm for game two (and three if needed) if it suits you?

I think I should be around,off chance I might be gone but its slim

Panthers bring the series with the Ravens to a decider with a comfortable 35-14 victory.

The first few minutes of the game was evidence of how the rest was going to go, with Flacco throwing the first of his 5 INT's on the first play of the game and the Panthers were more than happy to run the ball in a couple of plays later. The Ravens put together a good drive which Jacoby Jones capped off with a TD, but Flacco threw another INT on the Ravens next series after the Panthers were forced to punt, and Beason ran it back 70 yards to the house.

Quarter two saw the Ravens have another long drive, capped off by a Smith TD, before the Panthers put together a long drive themselves which Cam ran in from 4 yards after destroying the Ravens defense with a great pump fake.

Panthers received the ball to start the 2nd half and Pilares ran it all the way back for a 104 yard TD. More Flacco INT's followed, and the game was sealed in convincing fashion in the final quarter as Codfrey returned a Ray Rice fumble 93 yards on the very next play following a Newton fumble that was recovered by Ngata.

Well done Perrin, you never looked like losing at any stage of the game really. Those user picks killed me, when I try them I usually end up completely missing the ball and my opponent running home unchallenged :pac:

Catch you for game three soon. Give me a message whenever you're free.

GG Paully,huge element of luck for me in the game though.
    Between the fumble from Rice that was ran back and kick return(which I didn't mean to return,couldn't change to the guy in time to kneel so had to run it out,was expecting a loss of yards but was pushed into space by one of ur guys),even Cams pump fake that I ran into the end zone was kinda an accident,went to juke the defender with the analog stick(which fake pumps if ur QB which I didn't know) defender went to block the pass or something.
    On the user picks,well most of them I'm usering the guy pre snap so missing the ball ain't so much the problem but the guys getting away from me is(although I had nothing to do witht he diving pick in the end zone).
    You put together some nice drives and Torrey Smith was a nightmare to cover at times.
    Anyway at least it sets up a decider,I might be around tonight not sure yet though.

I'm around this evening/tonight Paully if ya want to get game 3 played

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I'm around this evening/tonight Paully if ya want to get game 3 played

Hey mate, yep I'm around. I can jump on now if you're available?

Ravens progress to the final against either Mike vs Padraic/Giffney with a 27-14 win over the Panthers.

Tucker opened the scoring with a 25 yard FG before the Panthers took a 7-3 lead through a 20 yard Williams run. Jacoby Jones thought he had returned to the Super Bowl as he ran in the resulting kick off from 100 yards to put the Ravens up by 3 going into half time.

In the third quarter Flacco hit Smith and then Jones for similar TD's and Tucker kicked a field goal after a Williams fumble to seal the game, before Williams got into the end zone again on a 5 yard Newton pass.

MVP over the whole series was probably Torrey Smith from what I can remember.

Good game Perrin, I enjoyed the series. Catch you in Madden 25!

Padraic and Giffney, is there any chance you can get your series finished up over the next couple of days to keep things moving along? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Ravens progress to the final against either Mike vs Padraic/Giffney with a 27-14 win over the Panthers.

Tucker opened the scoring with a 25 yard FG before the Panthers took a 7-3 lead through a 20 yard Williams run. Jacoby Jones thought he had returned to the Super Bowl as he ran in the resulting kick off from 100 yards to put the Ravens up by 3 going into half time.

In the third quarter Flacco hit Smith and then Jones for similar TD's and Tucker kicked a field goal after a Williams fumble to seal the game, before Williams got into the end zone again on a 5 yard Newton pass.

MVP over the whole series was probably Torrey Smith from what I can remember.

Good game Perrin, I enjoyed the series. Catch you in Madden 25!

Padraic and Giffney, is there any chance you can get your series finished up over the next couple of days to keep things moving along? Cheers.

We are actually playing rd2 tonight!

Advertisement