Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13 Cup Competition - Interest?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    We are actually playing rd2 tonight!

Great timing :)

The winner will play Mike in the semis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

We are actually playing rd2 tonight!

1-1 after the texans win @ home! Hopefully play decider tomorrow!

Trying to get Seahawks to play decider tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Browns are waiting for the next round :)

T J Ward my strong safety looking to force some fumbles!

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Browns are waiting for the next round :)

T J Ward my strong safety looking to force some fumbles!

I'm dying to play my game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Seahawks beat the texans in the 3rd round, 31-27 Seahawks went way ahead early, and spent second half running out the clock, but texans made a serious effort at coming back.. But anything that could go wrong went wrong for the texans ! Enough said ;)

Seahawks, are you around tomorrow evening?

If not, I won't be free again until Friday evening. I'm around all weekend though.

No rush at all realy, new league doesn't start until next month

Seahawks, are you around tomorrow evening?

If not, I won't be free again until Friday evening. I'm around all weekend though.

No rush at all realy, new league doesn't start until next month

No bother mate Friday or weekend suits me..

I'll post again on Thursday and we'll sort something out

Welcome to the Dawg Pound!

I'll post again on Thursday and we'll sort something out

Welcome to the Dawg Pound!

How's 8pm for you tonight mike?

• Advertisement

8pm, cool, I'll be on

Round 1 Seahawks beat browns 35- 28
    The first half was literally one play,TD , kick off, one play, TD , it was like 14 each half way through 1st quarter!

Sorry for being so late Seahawks and also for no mic

Yep, cracking game. Both QB's ripping apart their opponents secondaries with the long bombs. 3 TD's in a row from the very first pass of a series, I've never seen that before!

I don't recall many long runs, Josh Cribbs returned a kick off for a TD alright.

Best team won, well done

Am happy to welcome you the Dawg Pound next time

Seahawks, when are you around for Game 2?

Seahawks, when are you around for Game 2?

Tomorrow night or Friday night?

I'm free both nights.

I can meet anytime that suits you

I'm free both nights.

I can meet anytime that suits you

Hey mike how about kickoff for 8pm tonight?

Hawks turned up at the dawg pound and brought them for a walk;p

Seahawks 21
    Browns 7

3 forced fumbles and 2 interceptions cost the browns this one
    Q1 saw Wager returning a pick 6 for 60 yards on the browns first drive
    Q2 Mr Lynch ran in a 24 yarder and a 40 yarder in Q4

Weedon passed for 228 with 3 int
    Wilson passed for 41 with 1 int :/

Trent Richardson had 18 carries for 83 yards

Mister Lynch had 16 carries for 145
    Thanks for the games mike!
    Looks like I'm in the final!!!!!

Well done Padraic and hard luck Mike.

When suits you to play game one of the final mate? I'm free anytime after 3pm tomorrow and most nights over the weekend.

Paully D wrote: »
    Well done Padraic and hard luck Mike.

When suits you to play game one of the final mate? I'm free anytime after 3pm tomorrow and most nights over the weekend.

I'll def free tomorrow night at 8pm!

• Advertisement

I'll def free tomorrow night at 8pm!

Perfect mate. Tomorrow at 8pm it is. Speak to you then.

Ravens take game one of the final 27-7 against the Seahawks.

Good game Padraic and good to speak to you, the game would have been a lot closer if your receivers actually had hands.

Catch you for game two soon. I'm unavailable for the rest of the weekend and probably Monday, but I should be able to do evenings/nights from Tuesday onwards. I'll post up nearer the time and let you know anyway.

Around tomorrow night at 8!

Around tomorrow night at 8!

Perfect mate. That works out better for me anyway as something had come up tonight (hence I deleted my earlier post). Speak to you tomorrow at 8. :)

Ravens win the Madden 13 Cup with a 24-20 win over the Seahawks. It was fitting that one of the best games, if not the best, I've been involved in on Madden 13 happens to by my last.

The Seahawks raced into a 10-0 lead in the first quarter with a 43 yard Habuschka FG and a Obonmanu TD from a Wilson throw shortly after Flacco was picked off.

The Ravens answered back in the second quarter with as Leach bundled over the line shortly after Wilson was picked off by Williams, and Tucker smacked over a 52 yard FG with a slight wind in his back to ensure the scores were level at 10 a piece going into the final quarter.

The Seahawks started the fourth quarter off superbly, marching down the field at ease with one of the plays of the game on this drive as Wilson hit Doug Baldwin on a 3rd and 20 dropping back near the Ravens endzone. The drive ended with Zach Miller taking an 8 yard pass into the endzone after terrorizing the Ravens defence with numerous catches. 17-10.

The Ravens went on a drive of their own and after a couple of big runs he capped it off as he bundled in from a yard to bring the score level at 17-17 with 3 minutes left.

The Seahawks again went marching down the field and ended up within field goal range after some nice work from Wilson, Miller and Lynch. The pressure was on Hauschka but he confidently kicked the ball high and between the posts to give the Seahawks what would surely be the win as they went 20-17 with only 25 seconds left.

The Ravens went four verticals from their own 20 yard line and as Flacco dropped back in the gun, he seen that Torrey Smith had an angle on the Seahawks secondary and lobbed the ball into a window, Smith was just about quick enough to get their and ran clear of the last ditch grabs from Hawks defenders to peel clear into the endzone for an 80 yard TD. 24-20.

The drama didn't end there though. Wilson was also going for broke now and ended up hitting Baldwin on another superb long pass which went for 60 + yards. That meant the Seahawks had one play left with 3 seconds on the clock to get into the endzone for the win. The Ravens went into the quarter defence and on the last ditch throw from Wilson, Ray Lewis leaped up to take the interception to end the game.

Some stats:

Flacco - 8/16 for 229 yards 1 TD 1 INT 90.6 rating
    Wilson - 19/24 for 278 yards 2 TD's 2 INT's 107.9 rating

Rice - 13 attemps, 61 yards 1 TD
    Lynch - 15 attempts, 35 yards

T. Smith - 4 receptions, 166 yards, 1 TD
    Z. Miller - 7 receptions, 105 yards, 1 TD

MVP for the series goes to Torrey Smith who was also very good in the first game of this series.

Brilliant game Padraic. As I said above, it was probably the best game of Madden 13 I was involved in and a fitting way to finish things off for this edition.

Thanks to everyone who entered and played in this competition.

On to Madden 25! :D

Paully D wrote: »
    Ravens win the Madden 13 Cup with a 24-20 win over the Seahawks. It was fitting that one of the best games, if not the best, I've been involved in on Madden 13 happens to by my last.

The Seahawks raced into a 10-0 lead in the first quarter with a 43 yard Habuschka FG and a Obonmanu TD from a Wilson throw shortly after Flacco was picked off.

The Ravens answered back in the second quarter with as Leach bundled over the line shortly after Wilson was picked off by Williams, and Tucker smacked over a 52 yard FG with a slight wind in his back to ensure the scores were level at 10 a piece going into the final quarter.

The Seahawks started the fourth quarter off superbly, marching down the field at ease with one of the plays of the game on this drive as Wilson hit Doug Baldwin on a 3rd and 20 dropping back near the Ravens endzone. The drive ended with Zach Miller taking an 8 yard pass into the endzone after terrorizing the Ravens defence with numerous catches. 17-10.

The Ravens went on a drive of their own and after a couple of big runs he capped it off as he bundled in from a yard to bring the score level at 17-17 with 3 minutes left.

The Seahawks again went marching down the field and ended up within field goal range after some nice work from Wilson, Miller and Lynch. The pressure was on Hauschka but he confidently kicked the ball high and between the posts to give the Seahawks what would surely be the win as they went 20-17 with only 25 seconds left.

The Ravens went four verticals from their own 20 yard line and as Flacco dropped back in the gun, he seen that Torrey Smith had an angle on the Seahawks secondary and lobbed the ball into a window, Smith was just about quick enough to get their and ran clear of the last ditch grabs from Hawks defenders to peel clear into the endzone for an 80 yard TD. 24-20.

The drama didn't end there though. Wilson was also going for broke now and ended up hitting Baldwin on another superb long pass which went for 60 + yards. That meant the Seahawks had one play left with 3 seconds on the clock to get into the endzone for the win. The Ravens went into the quarter defence and on the last ditch throw from Wilson, Ray Lewis leaped up to take the interception to end the game.

Some stats:

Flacco - 8/16 for 229 yards 1 TD 1 INT 90.6 rating
    Wilson - 19/24 for 278 yards 2 TD's 2 INT's 107.9 rating

Rice - 13 attemps, 61 yards 1 TD
    Lynch - 15 attempts, 35 yards

T. Smith - 4 receptions, 166 yards, 1 TD
    Z. Miller - 7 receptions, 105 yards, 1 TD

MVP for the series goes to Torrey Smith who was also very good in the first game of this series.

Brilliant game Padraic. As I said above, it was probably the best game of Madden 13 I was involved in and a fitting way to finish things off for this edition.

Thanks to everyone who entered and played in this competition.

On to Madden 25! :D
    Congratulations on the cup win!

Oh best game in ages for sure! Was so close! back and forth, the speed of Torrey Smith on that pass was unreal! As a ravens fan-Was kind of glad to see lewis get that game ending interception, as he won't be in madden 25 a final hurrah to the great one! ;p great great game- catch you in Madden25!

Advertisement