Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Lahinch for holiday ?

• 21-07-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Me and my family are going to Lahinch for a weeks holiday soon and I would like to know the following ; What are the people like,is it a friendly spot ? What's there to see or do and would you recommend going there ? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Hi Lollipop 95,
    At the moment Lahinch is mobbed because of the good weather, though it's very overcast today, it's still warm, 26 degrees.. The people are very friendly. How old are your children? For the children there's the beach, the children's playground and Sea World where there's an indoor swimming pool and aquarium, surfing. Would you bring the car with you?
    Any more questions, feel free to ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hi Lollipop 95!
    Lahinch is a great spot, very family-friendly. The locals generally rely on tourist trade to make a living and as such tend to be very welcoming to visitors!
    And it's a handy base for exploring the surrounding area including the Burren, Cliffs of Moher, Doolin Cave, Ailwee Cave, Aran Islands, Fr Ted's house (where you can have afternoon tea!), Caherconnel Stone Fort etc.
    The caves in particular are great for rainy (or hot!) days with kids, the Ailwee cave has a falconry centre and farm shop which are both worth a visit.
    Between Liscannor and the Cliffs of Moher you will find Moher Hill Open Farm, great fun for kids under 10ish.
    There's also a newly opened cinema in the SeaWorld complex mentioned above by Aineoil, I think they show mostly kid's movies https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lahinch-Seaworld/196522900455024
    The surf schools run lessons specifically for kids, great reviews!
    If the kids are old enough, a guy called Pat Sweeney does cliff walks from Doolin every morning at 10am; gorgeous views and suitable for ages 8 plus as far as I recall. There's also a nice pitch and put course in Doolin (as there is in Lahinch itself).
    Have a look at this website for kid's activities, gigs etc: Ennis is a great little town only half an hour from Lahinch. http://www.glor.ie/
    Bit further down the road but Bunratty Castle and Folk Park and Cragaunowen are both around an hour from Lahinch and are fantastic for kids and adults alike.
    Have a great holiday in Lahinch, if you've any more questions fire ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Just back from a weekend Lahinch, albeit with the girl friends and not my kids.. Easily one of the best minibreaks I have ever had, gret spot great, people and laid back atmosphere.. Am jealous... Enjoy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

well I don't actually have any kids,I'm 18 and going with family :p:) Thought I'd post here to see what it's like and v pleased to see the positive feedback,they're considering a few places but I really want to go to Lahinch as I've never been to Clare and Lahinch seems like a great holiday spot/sea-side town :) Wondering would anyone know good holiday homes to stay in while we're there? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

I don't know about holiday homes....... but have a milkshake in the newly opened Moody Cows. The menu is endless and the shakes are delicious. I had the dime bar milkshake today.....yum ...yum. I need to have the crunchie milkshake with a flake on top. I will report back on that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Well seeing as we're talking food, the fudge shop is a must too!
    I'm going to ask a friend re holiday homes for you, pretty high standard in general from what I've heard but always good to have recommendations :)

Advertisement