Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled during cooling off period so why are you billing me?

Options
  • 21-07-2013 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I ordered Eircom landline & broadband on Monday 10th June but cancelled the order over the phone within the cooling off period on Friday 14th June. During the cancellation phone call, Eircom’s customer care representative confirmed that the cancellation order had gone through during the cooling off period and that no money was due to Eircom. 

I subsequently confirmed the cancellationin writing, and - in line with Eircom’s terms and conditions - I did not accept delivery of the modem and An Post confirmed that it would be returned to Eircom.

However, Eircom subsequently sent me a letter stating that the line would not be disconnected for one month and this was accompanied by a bill charging me a connection fee and one month’s rental / usage.

Eircom, please note:
    (a) Since I cancelled during the cooling off period, I do not owe any money, and this was confirmed by your customer care representative during the cancellation phone call.
    (b) I do not have a modem since I returned it to Eircom in line with the terms and conditions therefore it is doubly inappropriate to charge me for usage.

I sent a follow up letter pointing out all of the above but have received no response from Eircom.

All of this is on top of a frustrating set-up phase (prior to cancellation) which involved long phone calls to Eircom during which I was transferred repeatedly to the wrong departments, Eircom failing to log some of these calls, incorrect information given by some of the Eircom call centre operators, and the failure of an engineer to turn up on the appointed day to install eFibre broadband on another account that I admin.

The whole process has been completely unsatisfactory!  To everyone reading this, I hope my story will prove useful when you are choosing a broadband provider and help you to avoid the frustration and drain on time that I have experienced.

My question to Eircom is: why are you billing me when I do not owe you any money and when will you disconnect my line?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I ordered Eircom landline & broadband on Monday 10th June but cancelled the order over the phone within the cooling off period on Friday 14th June. During the cancellation phone call, Eircom’s customer care representative confirmed that the cancellation order had gone through during the cooling off period and that no money was due to Eircom. 

I subsequently confirmed the cancellationin writing, and - in line with Eircom’s terms and conditions - I did not accept delivery of the modem and An Post confirmed that it would be returned to Eircom.

However, Eircom subsequently sent me a letter stating that the line would not be disconnected for one month and this was accompanied by a bill charging me a connection fee and one month’s rental / usage.

Eircom, please note:
    (a) Since I cancelled during the cooling off period, I do not owe any money, and this was confirmed by your customer care representative during the cancellation phone call.
    (b) I do not have a modem since I returned it to Eircom in line with the terms and conditions therefore it is doubly inappropriate to charge me for usage.

I sent a follow up letter pointing out all of the above but have received no response from Eircom.

All of this is on top of a frustrating set-up phase (prior to cancellation) which involved long phone calls to Eircom during which I was transferred repeatedly to the wrong departments, Eircom failing to log some of these calls, incorrect information given by some of the Eircom call centre operators, and the failure of an engineer to turn up on the appointed day to install eFibre broadband on another account that I admin.

The whole process has been completely unsatisfactory!  To everyone reading this, I hope my story will prove useful when you are choosing a broadband provider and help you to avoid the frustration and drain on time that I have experienced.

My question to Eircom is: why are you billing me when I do not owe you any money and when will you disconnect my line?

Hi Communicator10

Sorry to hear of all the issues you had.

Can you send me on your account number, name on the account. As well as the date you sent the written cancellation request please.

I will chase this up for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement