Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name of purple/pink and popular flowers in towns these days?

• 21-07-2013 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Would anyone know the name of those lovely purple (ish) flowers that do be outside a lot of businesses and around the towns and cities these days. They seem to spread or grow like wild fire and look lovely. The Huntsman Inn pub in Galway is very well done with them if anyone knows it. I've been to a few garden centres and can't seem to come across them either.

Here's a pic of the Huntsman albeit an old one but it might be of a help.

14988295.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Petunias, I think. You'll get them in most garden centres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭minibear

Surfinia (trailing petunia) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭The Garden Shop

Definitely Petunias.
    They need full sun, dead heading and lots of water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,674 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its a bit late now to get petunias, unless you buy a planted basket or similar. You need to plant up small plants at the beginning of the season, then feed, water and as above, deadhead them to get the best display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

looksee wrote: »
    Its a bit late now to get petunias, unless you buy a planted basket or similar. You need to plant up small plants at the beginning of the season, then feed, water and as above, deadhead them to get the best display.

i can get them to germinate but never manage to get them full size, the seedlings are so small

• Advertisement
Advertisement