Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Expired 2nd prov. licence

• 21-07-2013 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

My 2nd provisional licence expired July 2012 and due to financial problems I haven't been in position to renew, also having to sell the scooter didn't help either. But now I've started a job which means before long i Can get back on the road even with a 50 cc will be something, my question is how long do I have to renew the licence before its gone completely and I have to re do the theory test and eyesight report

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

You have 5 years after expiry of your learner permit to renew it.
    10 years after expiry of a full licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭BANNERMAN98

Great thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

You have to apply for a test OP in order to recieve your 3rd LP. Plus you'll now have to do IBT in order to take the test as there is now new regulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Faith+1 wrote: »
    You have to apply for a test OP in order to recieve your 3rd LP. Plus you'll now have to do IBT in order to take the test as there is now new regulations.

if your FIRST provisional is pre-December 2010, which I'm guessing OP's is, there is no necessity for IBT afaik.
    I'm in a similar situation, and trying to figure out exactly what is required at the moment; form what I can see myself & the OP just need to sit a test to get a full licence.

My licence is 2008

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    if your FIRST provisional is pre-December 2010, which I'm guessing OP's is, there is no necessity for IBT afaik.
    I'm in a similar situation, and trying to figure out exactly what is required at the moment; form what I can see myself & the OP just need to sit a test to get a full licence.

In answer to the bold wording :
    Yes you can go ahead and do your test on a bike that is 25kw BUT if you pass, you will only get an A2 licence which is restricted to 35 kw.
    You would be stuck with 35kw forever unless you got another learner permit in A unrestricted and then do the IBT.

To get an unrestricted licence, you have to do a test on an unrestricted bike.
    To do that, you would have to get a new type learner permit in category A and then do the IBT (18 hrs).

In answer to the bold wording :
    Yes you can go ahead and do your test on a bike that is 25kw BUT if you pass, you will only get an A2 licence which is restricted to 35 kw.
    You would be stuck with 35kw forever unless you got another learner permit in A unrestricted and then do the IBT.

To get an unrestricted licence, you have to do a test on an unrestricted bike.
    To do that, you would have to get a new type learner permit in category A and then do the IBT (18 hrs).

That's what I meant thanks.

DavyD_83 wrote: »

Not with the new rules Davy, you'll get an A2. To get the full A you can't escape the IBT unfortunately whether it the full course or conversion module.

So I have to do the IBT regardless?

So I have to do the IBT regardless?

To get the Full 'A' Yes.

• Advertisement

Crap

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Emmett1

I applied for and unrestricted A licence. They sent back my application stating I have had two previous A licences and I need to apply for a driving test to get another one. I went back into the tax office to explain that I did not have Two previous licences. She stated yes you did, one in 2006 and 2009. I went on to explain that it was a restricted Provisional for up to a 125. Back then it was on my car licence (provisional). She is adamant that on the system I have had two previous unrestricted licences(2006 and 2009). Has to be clerical error who ever put it on the system. Contacted an RSA instructor states all I have to do is the test and don't need the IBT. Another instructor today to me I have to do the IBT. At this stage I am confused. HELP

If you've never done IBT and wish to have the full "A" then yes you'll have to do the IBT.

Excuse the question but what is the IBT and what's involved with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Excuse the question but what is the IBT and what's involved with it

Here ya go dude.

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Motorcyclists/Initial-basic-training-IBT-for-motorcyclists/

Advertisement