Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dont think Ive seen a team on here with a newcastle defender in it. Since that opening defeat at City they have only let in 1 goal in 3 games. Yanga mbwia at 4.5 is a decent option I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

is moses gonna be a regular starter ?
    or should i go with eriksen ?
    thinking about selling hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

dont think Ive seen a team on here with a newcastle defender in it. Since that opening defeat at City they have only let in 1 goal in 3 games. Yanga mbwia at 4.5 is a decent option I feel.

Have him and Steven Taylor on my watchlist, Taylor is out injured at the moment and probably be out for another couple of weeks. He has already dropped to 4.3 and would expect him to get back in the Necastle team when fit.

NN215 wrote: »
    is moses gonna be a regular starter ?
    or should i go with eriksen ?
    thinking about selling hazard.

At a guess i'd expect Moses to start the next few games, not sure if he'd be a regular when Suarez and Coutinho come back.

Think Eriksen is gonna be a bargin at 8m, but I would say that having brought him in last week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have him and Steven Taylor on my watchlist, Taylor is out injured at the moment and probably be out for another couple of weeks. He has already dropped to 4.3 and would expect him to get back in the Necastle team when fit.

Was he not dropped last season? I thought he was. Perhaps he played towards the end but was that only because Coloccini was out?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Was he not dropped last season? I thought he was. Perhaps he played towards the end but was that only because Coloccini was out?

You could be right about that, thought he was out through injury for a lot of last season, but might just have been dropped. Must try and check that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Anyone see the spurs game? How did lamela look?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Forever And Ever

qwabercd wrote: »
    Anyone see the spurs game? How did lamela look?

Poor

Commentators were fairly critical of him

Tonev starts for villa against norwich. His price has dropped to 4.5m. One to keep an eye on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Interesting quotes from Mourinho on Terry.

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/chelsea_boss_reveals_the_picture_is_different_for_john_terry_1_2775608
    Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has insisted that John Terry remains an integral part of his plans, unlike his struggles last year.

Last season, Terry suffered with injury and was no longer first choice under interim manager Rafael Benitez with David Luiz and Gary Cahill preferred.

However, he has been an ever present since the Portuguese boss returned to Stamford Bridge.

“I need him,” Mourinho said. “That’s why he played 360 minutes in four matches in the Premier League.

“Last year he was not playing and a right back was playing central defence.

“Last year he was not selected and on the bench. The picture changed for him.

“He went from our big captain to have a very bad season last season.

“This season the picture is different. We have three central defenders plus the option of Kalas a young kid who was injured.

“We have three central defenders. Sometimes I’ll play John and Gary, or John and David or Gary and David like against Basel.

“He’s the only one of the three whose played 360 minutes. I have a fantastic relationship with John.

“The good thing with some players overall – what makes the difference is you have the same relation whether they play.

“John, Frank [Lampard] and Ashley [Cole] are the examples of the manager is the manager.

“The manager decides what he thinks is best for the team. My relation and respect is the same.”

Those three embodied the collective personality that Chelsea had in Mourinho’s first spell at the club but the Portuguese boss knows that every player is different.

“People that has more than one kid – same dad, mum education etc,” he said.

“At the end of the day one personality is one personality. You fight but they are what they are.

“Football players are the same. The collective personality is the most important thing and the most difficult thing.

“Personalities are different. Until you get inside and get the best out of them, the process is not an easy process.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ben Arfa or Eriksen over the course of the season lads?

Paully D wrote: »

I'd go ben arfa. In a worse team but he will be involved in a large % of newcastle's goals. Spurs will obviously score more, but you have so many attacking players sharing those goals and assists (soldado,sigurdson,lamela,paulinho,lennon,chadli).

Paully D wrote: »

eriksen on what Ive seen so far of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Most definitely Erikson.. looks like a beast so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Loic Remi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i bigged up two players on here before the season started, brady and morrison, both scored in the first half, shame i got rid of morrison when i wildcarded, knew he had the ability but it was just a case of if he'd get the gametime, at the time he wasn't.

I didn't quite big them up, as i said they were both ones for the future but also mentioned januzaj and lingard of united, lingard got a first half hat trick......so put your mortgage on januzaj scoring for united tomorrow ;) (he probably won't even make the bench though with it being city away even though he impressed last week)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Now that Benteke is out until Oct 26 I need to get rid for a 4 point hit here are my options ;

Negredo 9.3 away to villa
    Bent 6.5 or Berba 7.2 home to Cardiff and a fairly good run of games
    Lukaku 7.4 home to Newcastle

Suggestions please .

Any word on Hernandez of Swansea's return date yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

bodking wrote: »
    Now that Benteke is out until Oct 26 I need to get rid for a 4 point hit here are my options ;

Negredo 9.3 away to villa
    Bent 6.5 or Berba 7.2 home to Cardiff and a fairly good run of games
    Lukaku 7.4 home to Newcastle

Suggestions please .
    id nearly go negredo if u have no city offensive players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Any ideas on what is happening with Silva? from possibly being included in the Derby, to still being in yellow a few days later?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Any ideas on what is happening with Silva? from possibly being included in the Derby, to still being in yellow a few days later?

:confused:

Pellegrini suggested yesterday that he could miss this weekends game but could be back for CL next week .

Brought in YAYA

YAY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Anyone know the story with Nani? He hardly signed a new deal to sit on the bench and play in the crappy cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

He played well last night, created some good chances.

Kagawa didn't have a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Anyone know the story with Nani? He hardly signed a new deal to sit on the bench and play in the crappy cup.

moyes said he wanted to try to keep the same core team for the opening fixtures cause it was a difficult fixture list and said after is when he will start rotating. i would say he will be ahead of young in the starting lineup soon enough if he isnt already

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

magnumbud wrote: »
    moyes said he wanted to try to keep the same core team for the opening fixtures cause it was a difficult fixture list and said after is when he will start rotating. i would say he will be ahead of young in the starting lineup soon enough if he isnt already

Where did you read/hear this? Just wondering as some people think Rooney might need a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

magnumbud wrote: »
    Had him in . Did not play. Sold him again. But will defo be keeping an eye on him over next few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Brought him (Nani) in when he signed the new contract & he came on against Liverpool in the league match. Thought he would be a regular after that....
    Have to hang on to him for the moment so hope he starts playing soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Did that rumour about Ramsey being injured turn out to be a hoax?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Right lads, Ramsey keeps it up, and looks the part in fairness. I got him in at the start to profit financially from the bandwagon, but he's looking more than that. Assuming he keeps his place when Rosicky and Cazorla come back is he a viable long term keeper in place of Walcott, bearing in mind even he scores a bit less he's over 3m cheaper if you had him in good time so you could afford to splash on an extra top midfielder.

I know there are a lot of Walcott fans on this forum. Discuss!!

• Advertisement

if liverpool persist with this 3 5 2 glen johnson at 5.8 will be great value when he is fit.

if liverpool persist with this 3 5 2 glen johnson at 5.8 will be great value when he is fit.

I agree with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Will probably be bringing in Walcott for Ozil when he's back in a few weeks. He'll be at least 1.5 cheaper at that stage, probably closer to 2 and I think they'll score much the same from then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

What have we learned from the weekend nearly gone? Siggurdsson has that spot to lose now at Spurs, 7.1m isn't expensive for what he could return. Mata will never be value this season, Ramsey just keeps on keepin on, I may have missed the boat on him but will probably be left with no choice but to bring him in anyway. Brady I'm not so sure about, lucky penalty award and poorly hit, swung in a couple of nice corners though.
    Torres was brilliant, can't last I know but just thought I'd say it. Ozil looked average.

I've only seen highlights, anyone else stand out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Torres skinned the spurs defenders but he cant score goals anymore. His goal record in the league since 2010 must make some very bad reading.

ozil is on the brink of good form...was involved in both goals and should have scored but i'd say he's ready to explode in another couple of games. especially once we get our attackers fit.

Quite happy with Whittingham as one of my 5m mids....need to get someone like Brady or Barkley in aswell though. Or maybe Amalfitano who has settled very well and starts. I had to go 4.5 WardProwse as i had rvp at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Santi101 wrote: »

ozil is on the brink of good form...was involved in both goals and should have scored but i'd say he's ready to explode in another couple of games. especially once we get our attackers fit.

hey Santi, do you think Giroud is a season keeper, will he get 15-20+ goals in your opinion?

I havn't seen too much of Arsenal, but he does not have too much comp for CF slot, maybe Podolski.

He does seem to tire a bit and he is the focal point for a lot of kickouts so takes a bit of abuse from centre backs. Not sure if he can lead the line week in week out (+CL) but for now all is good i suppose...

i'll be keeping giroud anyway.....i'll be surprised if he doesnt get 20 goals. reminds me of that year adebayor played in front of fabregas, hleb etc and had his breakout season in England/

but we're spoilt for choice with strikers this year....right now i have giroud, sturridge, rooney.....sturridge to suarez is a possibility but i'm not rushing to do it yet, dont think there will be clear daylight between them pts wise. and i dont see rooney as being a season keeper tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The player I've identified this week as somebody I'd like to get into my team is Sigurdsson but I can't really afford him for another 2 GWs and if he keeps scoring he'll rise even higher and if he's dropped it's no good either way. Ward-Prowse is going to be a pain this week, just wish he'd hold off on dropping til next week.

• Advertisement

Sigurdsson will surely be dropped eventually? He's a good option if he starts all the time as he's one of those players that you barely see over the 90 minutes but he shoots constantly.Almost scored a cracking second at the weekend.

Seems like he was wide left vs Chelsea.

Anyone like Amalfitano...or is that a plain case of chasing pts? He'd replace Ward-Prowse as bench fodder with the odd start........need someone who plays every week anyway..and if they have goal potential...all the better!

And the more I see Soldado, the more I think Defoe would do as well as the lad if he was starting regularly. Soldado is a pure box player, doesn't really lead the line too well from what i've seen even though he looks physically able for that.

Surely Sigurdson will rotate a lot with Chadli

I can't believe how much of a let down Bony has been so far.

roryc wrote: »

He's only played 227 out of a possible 540.

Can't understand that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭duffman21

Ah he'll come good second half of the season imo... but on the other hand he wouldn't be the first or last to score bucket loads of goals in Holland and then not cut it in the Premiership

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

He's been playing well and has decent returns for his minutes, it's just a pity he's played about 5 minutes all season. Swansea winning the League Cup is an FPL curse. He'll probably start more games over the winter months with europe on the back burner though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Didn't Benteke take a few games to adapt last season too? It was near Xmas before he started banging them in.

ANy word on the fitness of Rooney?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ANy word on the fitness of Rooney?

Moyes said during the week he'll be available this weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement