Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Qwaszx wrote: »
    Have people forgotten Paulinho 7m had a decent confederations, bags a few goals too

If Bale leaves im putting him in @ 7m i think he is good value .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

As regards to Paulinho in my head I've classed him as no more than a central mid with not much in the way of going forward. But a good few people seem to be wittering on about him so due to my complete ignorance apart from a few goals in the confederations cup and costing £17m what does he bring to FPL? @7 which is an awkward price.

Assuming he's a 4th choice or ever 3rd what advantage would he bring over having a rotation between Koren/Redmond et al around 5.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Qwaszx wrote: »
    You do realise He hasn't sighned?

It's just a matter of time, according to numerous people and news sites.

As regards to Paulinho in my head I've classed him as no more than a central mid with not much in the way of going forward. But a good few people seem to be wittering on about him so due to my complete ignorance apart from a few goals in the confederations cup and costing £17m what does he bring to FPL? @7 which is an awkward price.

Assuming he's a 4th choice or ever 3rd what advantage would he bring over having a rotation between Koren/Redmond et al around 5.0

Looking at some stats Nacer Chadli may be an option if Bale leaves .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is there anyone planning on taking a punt on Lewis Holtby? has had six months to settle in and is very highly regarded in Germany (U21 captain etc). Could he be a dark horse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Is there anyone planning on taking a punt on Lewis Holtby? has had six months to settle in and is very highly regarded in Germany (U21 captain etc). Could he be a dark horse?

Can't see him being a first team regular.

Looks like a good player but FF wise remains to be seen. Like Nuts102 said he's a rotation risk at best right now. Who knows what'll go on at Spurs over the next few weeks. If any of their players were guaranteed starters I'd love Townsend to be. I genuinely think he could do a job replacing Bale on his own and if he nailed down a spot he'd rake in the points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Caulker having medical at cardiff, could be one to watch. also could take the place of a cardiff defender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

5m on a Cardiff city defender ? No way Jose .

Dzeko getting 2 again i would be wary putting in any City striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Dzeko getting 2 again i would be wary putting in any City striker.

Auguero is carrying some sort of knee inury still,he has seens little or no pre season if i am correct?
    Dzecko early doors looks a safe option,7.5 i think he is,dirt cheap

dahat wrote: »
    Auguero is carrying some sort of knee inury still,he has seens little or no pre season if i am correct?
    Dzecko early doors looks a safe option,7.5 i think he is,dirt cheap

Was he also not top scorer last year besides being a sub most of the season. Seems to be in the same situation as Hernandez for United can't start regularly but will bang in goals when plays.

Was he also not top scorer last year besides being a sub most of the season. Seems to be in the same situation as Hernandez for United can't start regularly but will bang in goals when plays.

Indeed he was,just think as an early option he will do well,i plan to WC early so if he is not a regular i can shift him.

dahat wrote: »
    Indeed he was,just think as an early option he will do well,i plan to WC early so if he is not a regular i can shift him.

He could indeed be a great shout early on. If he were to continue form then he could nail down a spot. Could be worth a risk until The Berb's attractive fixture kick in around GW 6. He may prove a better gamble than Lukaku, DGW or no DGW

Looks a good shout to me,hard to see Lukaku getting both games even if everyone thinks he will!!

Fitting Hazard in will likely cost me Walcott so back filling with Morrison of WBA is what i can afford.
    Mirallis and Coutinho are two of my main players this season so i really want to keep them

Anybody think Pienaar could be a decent option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I've seen a lot of love for Coutinho, who is a fabulous player no doubt. But at the same price, would Stevie G not be worth the nod?

Without Suarez (at the start anyway) they will need to find goals and Gerrard always seems to manage to pop up with a few. I guess Coutinho is expected to play in a more advanced role, but with Gerrard on pens, set pieces and probably more likely to get bonus points would he not be the better option (plus would give you a differential).

Anybody think Pienaar could be a decent option?

Could be but with Mirallas only .5 more I can't look past that. I had him a few times last year instead of Fellaini while he was ripping it up before xmas hoping Pienaar would earn his keep, sadly wasn't that case and is now .5 more expensive than he was last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

mectavba wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of love for Coutinho, who is a fabulous player no doubt. But at the same price, would Stevie G not be worth the nod?

Without Suarez (at the start anyway) they will need to find goals and Gerrard always seems to manage to pop up with a few. I guess Coutinho is expected to play in a more advanced role, but with Gerrard on pens, set pieces and probably more likely to get bonus points would he not be the better option (plus would give you a differential).

Yeah it depends where Coutinho (and Gerrard for that matter) play.

He is great when he is behind striker in free role but I don't like him on the wing at all, he is much too small and slight and gets bullied by fullbacks.

I have a concern too about the lads strength and stamina for the PL, I mean will he rotate a bit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

How much to people reckon Soldado will cost? Same as negredo or Jovetic or maybe a slight bit cheaper? 8.5 or 9 would be sweet! Reckon he will do more damage than those two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm thinking 9mill myself, but not 100% sure.

He'll come in between 8.5m & 9.5m . Hopefully it's the former .

For somebody this watchlist was actually made for I give you Calum Chambers (Southampton 4.0) He's a right back and has been starting matches in pre-season. Clyne picked up an injury recently too which certainly had something to do with it but he had indeed started against Schalke before the injury.

Worth keeping an eye on especially for those looking at Clyne himself. Been given the 22 jersey and signed a 4 year contract earlier in the week. Is seen more as a winger than RB but is listed as a defender.

I really shouldn't know this, stupid game :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

chamakh is being tipped to join palace.

at 5.0 is he worth a gamble? should play every week and can be nicely rotated with koren/brady as they rotate perfect for 38 games.

i know berbatov has his fans on here.......looking pretty ripped for the new season :D

MgcgZYU.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

gary hooper anyone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Loic Remy possible price? Did the business for me near the end of last year

Soldado completes move to Spurs , Now can we have the price ??

Ravel Morrison starts for West Ham tonight, James Collins doesn't but of course this is pre-season and Diame and Rat are also on the bench for them.

Oh and with Taarabt heading to Fulham on loan that surely pushed the Berb right back up top and dismisses Bent as becoming a Cottager?

• Advertisement

Really interested in Remys price . He certainly knows where the back of the net is .
    Hoping for 6.5m or less

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ravel Morrison starts for West Ham tonight,

Scored a brace tonight, and Nolan got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Morrison could be really good value!

Sturridge back in full training

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/364363061135544320

He will surely be ready to go for start of season?

With Suarez out, Rodgers (and his medical team) have had this in mind the second he picked up that injury I would think...

For me, a fit Sturridge @ 9m is difficult to leave out considering the end of last season. Liverpool have good fixtures too.

Ravel Morrison starts for West Ham tonight, James Collins doesn't but of course this is pre-season and Diame and Rat are also on the bench for them.

Collins looks great @ 4.5m, but Reid and Tompkins could be CB partnership ahead of him?

Or a bit of rotation with any sign of poor performance, I think Reid is #1 but could be wrong

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Ravel Morrison - possible cheap mid option at 4.5

worth keeping an eye on this guy, as a united fan i'd be hearing about his talent for years in the underage teams. he has the talent but his off the field problems saw united lose patience with him, west ham loaned him to birmingham and again a poor attitude almost seen birmingham terminate the loan, but he seemed to knuckle down then and get on with things.

He's scored twice already for west ham in pre season, albeit it against poor opposition, like i said, he has the talent, whether or not he can do something with that remains to be seen but as i have a 4.5 mil spot up for grabs i'll be keeping an eye on him.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/07/11/ex-manchester-united-starlet-strikes-again-could-ravel-morrison

2 more last night makes it 5 in pre season (that i've noticed, i possibly missed a west ham game)
    def think he's worth the risk as a 4.5 midfielder, if he turns out not to be getting much time i'll get rid of him with my wildcard that i usually use early, but given west ham's fixtures he's definetley worth a risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Mirallas is only owned by 5.5%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    2 more last night makes it 5 in pre season (that i've noticed, i possibly missed a west ham game)
    def think he's worth the risk as a 4.5 midfielder, if he turns out not to be getting much time i'll get rid of him with my wildcard that i usually use early, but given west ham's fixtures he's definetley worth a risk

Allardyce likes giving young players a chance. Jones, Olsson, Hoilett and N'Zonzi all flourished at Blackburn under him.

If Morrisson is playing well, I think Sam will play him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Really interested in Remys price . He certainly knows where the back of the net is .
    Hoping for 6.5m or less

Would be a great option for gw2 and 3 newcastle have 2 decent home fixtures.

roryc wrote: »
    Mirallas is only owned by 5.5%.

All of whom are on Boards.ie!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

moreau wrote: »
    Sturridge back in full training

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/364363061135544320

He will surely be ready to go for start of season?

With Suarez out, Rodgers (and his medical team) have had this in mind the second he picked up that injury I would think...

For me, a fit Sturridge @ 9m is difficult to leave out considering the end of last season. Liverpool have good fixtures too.

I think he will be on the bench first game he has missed most of pre season. Liverpool have 2 games left in pre season he would need to probably be getting 90 mins in both for me to consider starting with him. Great option if he starts.

Nastasic out for 4-6 weeks with that ankle injury.

Hello Joleon Lescott

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Nastasic out for 4-6 weeks with that ankle injury.

Hello Joleon Lescott

GREAT! I was going to gamble on including Nastasic in my final team. The initial run of manchester city is very good! So... Lescott fell free to start training alongside Van Persie, Walcott, Hazard, Mirallas, Mickey T...

Soldado 9.5. I guess it was to be expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Soldado 9.5. I guess it was to be expected

Just when I was settled on RVP / Lukaku (Gayle) up front, in walks Soldado / Negredo and Lukaku for the same price. :mad:

Soldado is a must imo. Defoe despite not being first choice scored 124 last year. Soldado is lethal in front of goal and will be first choice. Think he is a better choice than Negredo.

Also i know he is 7.5 but i think Remy could be a good choice he should bang in a few goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Scott Sinclair rumoured to be joining WBA on season long loan, More than capable of being a regular starter there with goals and assists for 6.0

Scott Sinclair rumoured to be joining WBA on season long loan, More than capable of being a regular starter there with goals and assists for 6.0

Could be a great option on the left of a top 3/4. Would wait a few weeks to see how he settles but would certainly be on people's radars I'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Soldado is a must imo. Defoe despite not being first choice scored 124 last year. Soldado is lethal in front of goal and will be first choice. Think he is a better choice than Negredo.

fúck.

i can't wait to see how many Soldado scores so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

remy 7.5 bit pricey.. S Taylor is 4.5 anyone else think that could be a good price? newcastle have tough opening fixture but there next few are good

Advertisement