Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    remy 7.5 bit pricey.. S Taylor is 4.5 anyone else think that could be a good price? newcastle have tough opening fixture but there next few are good

wouldnt rate their defence

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

remy 7.5 bit pricey.. S Taylor is 4.5 anyone else think that could be a good price? newcastle have tough opening fixture but there next few are good

I would wait a few games and see how they get on. Good prices if they could produce the defensive displays of the season before last but no evidence of that right now

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

S Taylor is necessarily 1st choice anymore either, Colo and Mbiwa maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Anyone reckon terry to start the double GW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

bezuaua wrote: »

Yep safest defender for me . Has no international football the week before to worry about .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Zaha starts again and gets an assist. Nani came off injured after a good start so Zaha looks like he will be first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

roryc wrote: »
    Mirallas is only owned by 5.5%.

What's the big hype on here about him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

8-10 wrote: »

Forward classed as a midfielder.

Invincible wrote: »
    Forward classed as a midfielder.

He's knockin them in pre-season too. Only thing is his hamstring, he was out on a few different occasions last year with it

8-10 wrote: »

He's a forward placed as a mid in a Martinez team which is almost guaranteed to attack. He's been playing very well in pre-season and the back end of last season. He was injured for the middle of last season while also classed as a forward. He was in good form before hand too.

I think he's a steal at that price as he could have a great return if he stays fit and being 1.5 cheaper than the 9.0 mid's makes the decision for itself. He's the 2nd name in my team with Coleman a close 3rd.

• Advertisement

He's a forward placed as a mid in a Martinez team which is almost guaranteed to attack. He's been playing very well in pre-season and the back end of last season. He was injured for the middle of last season while also classed as a forward. He was in good form before hand too.

I think he's a steal at that price as he could have a great return if he stays fit and being 1.5 cheaper than the 9.0 mid's makes the decision for itself. He's the 2nd name in my team with Coleman a close 3rd.

not sold on Coleman myself. i realize the threat he carries going forward, but ultimately its clean sheets that get the most points. Everton didnt get many last season, and i'd be surprised if that improves under Martinez

^^^^ who's the first ,Hazard maybe ?

Jax Teller wrote: »
    ^^^^ who's the first ,Hazard maybe ?

I'm a Mata man myself but I'll get some use out of him for the DGW alright.

You know I'd probably have to say Luke Moore I feel he's been very underrated so far :pac:

Seriously though it'll be RVP if he's in my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

manual_man wrote: »
    not sold on Coleman myself. i realize the threat he carries going forward, but ultimately its clean sheets that get the most points. Everton didnt get many last season, and i'd be surprised if that improves under Martinez

Not really though, cos Coleman will play a very attacking role. If it was someone like Mertesacker (just to pluck a name out of thin air), who never really has any attacking returns, you would be relying on cleanies.

Not really though, cos Coleman will play a very attacking role. If it was someone like Mertesacker (just to pluck a name out of thin air), who never really has any attacking returns, you would be relying on cleanies.

I already said about the clean sheet and attacking aspects. i just dont think he's going to do as well as some people think. better options in the 5-5.5m bracket if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

bezuaua wrote: »

Yes but they have United in GW3. I've been shouting about Terry for weeks but may wait to get him in.

I'm avoiding all Chelsea defenders for the DGW, gone with Cech instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yes but they have United in GW3. I've been shouting about Terry for weeks but may wait to get him in.

I'm avoiding all Chelsea defenders for the DGW, gone with Cech instead.

Well Luiz has been withdrawn from a game tonight and Barca are sniffing round with 35 million apparently so if Sideshow goes then Terry is sure to play the 2 games imo

That's great news if that's the case, he would be straight in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd agree with you somewhat even though coleman is in my team as I think he is worth 5 million. However I dont think he will get a huge amount of attacking points there is no guarantee everton will play 3 4 3 and even if they do its as much a 5 4 1 as a 3 4 3 really. Also emerson boyce who played that position for wigan last year didnt exactly tear it up from an attacking perspective.

I like Coleman . If he was down as a defender last season he would have scored 101 points , 9 less than Rafael who played 150 mins more than him .
    I think that's decent and worth my 5m .

Just had a quick look so I'm not sure if he would have got minus points in any games if he was a defender but I think the point is still the same .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Everton have 2 very good CBs. Martinez allows his full backs to get forward. Everton are far better overall than Wigan. Though I'd be worried if he started playing Alcaraz in there, good with the ball but an average defender.

I like Coleman . If he was down as a defender last season he would have scored 101 points , 9 less than Rafael who played 150 mins more than him .
    I think that's decent and worth my 5m .

Just had a quick look so I'm not sure if he would have got minus points in any games if he was a defender but I think the point is still the same .

ah ye theres no disputing he is worth 5 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

That's great news if that's the case, he would be straight in my team.

Official bid gone in according to the Twitter machine,least it sorts out the Chelsea defence for the season

Hopefully it goes ahead. If Terry looks set to play both games then I'll simply replace Cech+Zab for Hart+Terry. It frees up my options a bit for my first transfer after GW1, which would have been Cech out for Hart. I'm wary of being forced to swap out Cech straight away, there could be much more urgent transfers to make. But with Chelsea facing United in GW2, and no match GW3, Hart needs to be in there by GW2 at the latest.

TBH if I get in Terry I'll just bench him for GW3 - I really think he'll do well this year. He has an incredible record for goals and is already scoring pre-season.

According to a Crystal Palace fan I know this should be their back four
    Ward Delaney Gabbidon Moxey

Another 3 x 4.0m options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

In fairness to Mertesacker he got three goals last year which isn't bad for a defender. I do realise you plucked the name out of thin air but maybe not a good name to pick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Any thoughts on Kaboul, lads? Villas Boas' system suits pacey centre backs so I'm thinking he could be a good avenue into the Spurs defense, with Caulker gone would he be a decent shout at 5m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lemlin wrote: »
    In fairness to Mertesacker he got three goals last year which isn't bad for a defender. I do realise you plucked the name out of thin air but maybe not a good name to pick!

Yeah I knew that wasn't a good name to pick as I was typing, cos I had him for a for a good bit of last year and benfitted from his goals! But I couldnt think of anyone better to illustrate my point at the time, so just went with it!

If Bale were to skedaddle off to Madrid what do people think about Andros Townsend's chances of starting for Spurs. If I thought he'd play I might chuck him in for the first few weeks as a gamble, or at the very least consider it

• Advertisement

Very slim I'd say .
    Think they'll line up something like this if Bale leaves .
    Lloris
    Walker Kaboul/Dawson Vertonghen Rose/Bae
    Sandro
    Paulinho Dembele
    Lennon Soldado Chadli

Very slim I'd say .
    Think they'll line up something like this if Bale leaves .
    Lloris
    Walker Kaboul/Dawson Vertonghen Rose/Bae
    Sandro
    Paulinho Dembele
    Lennon Soldado Chadli

Yeah I expect something like that to be the case too but IF he were to get a run by one means or another I think he'd do well. Picked up a few goals in pre-season too albeit off the bench. Ah well it's irrelevant for now anyway

Bony scored another perfectly good goal but was wrongly judged offside .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What are peoples thoughts on Deulofeu that Everton signed from Spain on loan for the year? Has he been feauturing much in pre-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

The one person who I am really undeciced about putting in is Lukaku, If I though for a second he would def be the first choice striker (provided they dont sign Rooney by GW1) I would have him in straight away! what do people think?

I think he's worth a punt for the DGW if Rooney doesn't make the move. Neither Torres or Ba have ever really hit form at Chelsea. Lukaku has been on form for a while now, at every club he's played for. A lot of people forget he's just turned 20. I can see Mourinho looking to mould him into the next Drogba. IF he doesn't play both games, or doesn't manage to score high in those favourable fixtures, he'll be my first transfer out and with £8m you have a lot of options. Bony, Berbatov, Dzeko, RVW, Hooper, Anelka, Kone and Aspas to name a few. The only player's that would be out of your price range would be the likes of Sturridge, Negredo, Aguero, Soldado, Giroud, RVP - and you should have at least one of these already.

Unless Lukaku really performs in GW1 he will almost certainly be my first transfer out due to starting with 3 Chelsea players. It gives you the option of having a decent DGW player for GW1, but then being able to bring in one of the new strikers depending on form. For me it will most likely be Bony, Berbs or the Wolf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Starting to think the same way, my other strikers are RVP and Anelka which allows me Mirallas Nolan hazard and Walcott in MF - think it might be wortha punt for GW1 anyway, can see him starting Hull game but maybe dropping out for the Villa one, although they dont play again until the following monday so who knows

I've been rather dismissive of Paulinho so far but watching himself and Soldado link up in Spurs friendly they look sharp. Had a goal ruled out for offside too. Another player I'm now thinking about seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Starting to think the same way, my other strikers are RVP and Anelka which allows me Mirallas Nolan hazard and Walcott in MF - think it might be wortha punt for GW1 anyway, can see him starting Hull game but maybe dropping out for the Villa one, although they dont play again until the following monday so who knows

Re Lukaku:

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/70982/valencia-look-to-lukaku-or-demba-ba/

My own opinion is he'll be lucky to see 90 let alone 180 minutes.

There was too much uncertainty over their strikers even back in January when they only had 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Another goal today for Ravel Morrison v Pacos de Ferreira, could be worth investing in as the cheap midfielder

Talking to a lad in work that used to work with West Ham. He says Ravel is definitely one to watch but will not be a regular at the start of the season.

I had him in my team until he said that to me...

• Advertisement

Talking to a lad in work that used to work with West Ham. He says Ravel is definitely one to watch but will not be a regular at the start of the season.

Boo-urns :(

Did he say anything about Collins or their defense in general?

Nope, just said their midfield basically picks itself and although Morrison is seen as a really good prospect he's unlikely to tie down a place in the first team this season. Also said there's a bit of an issue around his 'attitude' but not sure if that would affect his chances of getting gametime.

I thought I'd found a nice bargain midfielder :(

Nope, just said their midfield basically picks itself and although Morrison is seen as a really good prospect he's unlikely to tie down a place in the first team this season. Also said there's a bit of an issue around his 'attitude' but not sure if that would affect his chances of getting gametime.

I thought I'd found a nice bargain midfielder :(

Yeah that's basically why he left United an absolute wild child off the pitch and not worth the trouble apparently. But that was nearly 2 years ago so hopefully he'll have sorted himself out. I guess it's back to Jerome Thomas for now so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I guess it's back to Jerome Thomas for now so.

injured today.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

The Morrison situation is interesting as Allardyce has hinted that Carroll maybe not be ready until GW4. That leaves them very short up front for 2 nice home fixtures in GW1 and GW3 in particular. Vaz Te 5.5 could be a punt, and could give room for Morrison to play in the opening weeks.
    I think anyone who is playing 3 at the back, have both sub defenders who are decent picks most weeks, and a strong front 7 can very well take a punt on Morrison at 4.5 safe in the knowledge that his value will not decrease, and if he brings his preseason form into the first few gameweeks then he is potential early bandwagon and source of points from your bench.

The Morrison situation is interesting as Allardyce has hinted that Carroll maybe not be ready until GW4. That leaves them very short up front for 2 nice home fixtures in GW1 and GW3 in particular. Vaz Te 5.5 could be a punt, and could give room for Morrison to play in the opening weeks.
    I think anyone who is playing 3 at the back, have both sub defenders who are decent picks most weeks, and a strong front 7 can very well take a punt on Morrison at 4.5 safe in the knowledge that his value will not decrease, and if he brings his preseason form into the first few gameweeks then he is potential early bandwagon and source of points from your bench.

problem is most people will have 3 chelsea players to get rid off and a good chance atleast 1 of the other players you pick will also not get the starts that people anticipated. I've asked this before on here but what position does morrisson play?

Yeah that's basically why he left United an absolute wild child off the pitch and not worth the trouble apparently. But that was nearly 2 years ago so hopefully he'll have sorted himself out. I guess it's back to Jerome Thomas for now so.

alexander tonev 5.0 aston villa 2 assists today looks like he takes corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

problem is most people will have 3 chelsea players to get rid off and a good chance atleast 1 of the other players you pick will also not get the starts that people anticipated. I've asked this before on here but what position does morrisson play?

Morrison is mostly a central midfielder on the attacking side of things. can play on either wing or in the hole. I mention Carrolls injury as it creates the option of the Hammers playing 451 being so light up front, which would certainly give Morrison an advanced role with possibly Noble Diame and Nolan the options in a 3 man midfield base with Jarvis and Morrison attacking roles from out wide.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Morrison is mostly a central midfielder on the attacking side of things. can play on either wing or in the hole. I mention Carrolls injury as it creates the option of the Hammers playing 451 being so light up front, which would certainly give Morrison an advanced role with possibly Noble Diame and Nolan the options in a 3 man midfield base with Jarvis and Morrison attacking roles from out wide.

Could be Cole and Jarvis on the wings - Cole has scored in pre-season too.

Has he not played nearly all their pre-season games though. Surely that would suggest he's good for a starting spot

• Advertisement
Advertisement