Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Not many people are mentioning Schürrle? He could be worth watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he could.

nobody knows if he'll start though. big problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

This question has probably been asked a lot already so please forgive me:

Ba, Lukaku or Torres? Who do you think will play the most minutes out of the 2 games?

cathalio11 wrote: »
    This question has probably been asked a lot already so please forgive me:

Ba, Lukaku or Torres? Who do you think will play the most minutes out of the 2 games?

Lukaku>Torres>Ba

I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I think he'll be second choice to Hazard .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Vydra at 5.5m could be a steal. Will have to wait and see as he wasn't with wba for pre-season so might take a few weeks for him to break into the team. Looked very good for watford last year and is better value than anelka at the same price imo. I expected him to be 6m/6.5m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Probably mentioned already but Ross Barkley at 4.5 is going to have amassive season,if Fellani goes he might get a spot in the Everton mid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

How did RVW do on his debut? Got a goal I know, but how was his overall play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

few players from today to look out for

Barkley of everton. 4.5m 7 pts
    Luna of villa. 4.5m 7 pts
    Kasami of fulham. 4.5m 8 pts
    Briggs of fulham. 4m 6 pts
    Whittaker of norwich. 4m 10 pts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

darego wrote: »

Another to keep an eye on is Fulham GK Stockdale. If the Stekelenburg injury is serious then Stockdale would become a great 4.5 option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Jenkinson too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

How did RVW do on his debut? Got a goal I know, but how was his overall play?

Played well and I'm a Norwich fan so probably a bit biased. Put himself in various positions to pick up the ball and made a few tackles too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

darego wrote: »

anyone know anything about that kasami guy? will more than likely need a 4.5 million replacement for morrision in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Heard this morning that Oxlade-Chamberlain is out for 3-6 months with ankle injury. Rosicky at 5.5M looks safe with Arteta and Diaby both out injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Hogey007 wrote: »
    anyone know anything about that kasami guy? will more than likely need a 4.5 million replacement for morrision in the next couple of weeks.

Played behind Berba. Would expect him to be dropped with Berba playing behind Bent/Ruiz

Invincible wrote: »
    Heard this morning that Oxlade-Chamberlain is out for 3-6 months with ankle injury. Rosicky at 5.5M looks safe with Arteta and Diaby both out injured.

Rosicky could be great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

dahat wrote: »
    Probably mentioned already but Ross Barkley at 4.5 is going to have amassive season,if Fellani goes he might get a spot in the Everton mid

Would have to agree and after GW1 I would think he will play even if Fellani stays , and at 4.6M he is a bargin .

Scott Parker (4.5M) having moved from Tottenham to Fulham looks good value depending on whether he starts or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Wouldn't be getting on Scottie Parker unless bonus points are given out for completed passes over 5 yards, he could be an important player for them but won't be expected to get on the score sheet, I'd much rather my 5th midfielder to be a bit more dynamic a la Puncheon from last year, it might be a few weeks before this seasons contenders become apparent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

osvaldo has been added at 8.0 to the game.

Wouldn't be getting on Scottie Parker unless bonus points are given out for completed passes over 5 yards, he could be an important player for them but won't be expected to get on the score sheet, I'd much rather my 5th midfielder to be a bit more dynamic a la Puncheon from last year, it might be a few weeks before this seasons contenders become apparent.

Just remembered him popping up with the odd goal in his hay-day, still only 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Invincible wrote: »
    Just remembered him popping up with the odd goal in his hay-day, still only 32.

He didn't score at all in his 2 years at Spurs. Better options will pop up for that 4.5 fifth midfielder gig.. ones more likely to provide a goal/assist when called upon.

Puncheon(S-hampton) has joined Crystal Pal on season long loan,5.5M,started at 4.5M last season,had a good spell,but plenty of alternatives at 5.5M this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

With Parker now at Fulham what affect will that have on the playing time of Kasami who might be an option as a 4.5m benchwarmer?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Hackers wrote: »
    With Parker now at Fulham what affect will that have on the playing time of Kasami who might be an option as a 4.5m benchwarmer?

I wouldn't go near Kasami. With Bent coming in and now Parker he will get little game time and Ruiz is still to come in too.

• Advertisement

Willian to spurs creates another premium midfield option but it makes their midfield an ff minefield,

Willian to spurs creates another premium midfield option but it makes their midfield an ff minefield,

I'd say Willian would be a fairly safe bet, obviously dependent on Bale leaving. Chadli and Lennon would become rotation risks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yeah Willian will surely be a regular.

Just to note, not an amazing goalscorer - brilliant player but his output rate is not that great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Southampton's Chambers at 4.0 is he worth picking up? he played at weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Southampton's Chambers at 4.0 is he worth picking up? he played at weekend

Clyne is first choice and will start when fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Thoughts on Dembele?

JokerD wrote: »
    Thoughts on Dembele?

That's the minefield I referred to, far too many good midfield players now, Dembele is unlikely to be a Fantasy player either way.
    I'd like to see Townsend loaned out again though, even at 5.5m he could be a big point scorer in a mid table team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

That's the minefield I referred to, far too many good midfield players now, Dembele is unlikely to be a Fantasy player either way.
    I'd like to see Townsend loaned out again though, even at 5.5m he could be a big point scorer in a mid table team.

Townsend is a handy player, I like him. As you said would be very useful to a mid table team, even one of the promoted sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Even though I'm quite content with my team, at some stage I'll have to play the wildcard and the team I want to give a go will leave me with £5.5m for a midfielder. Dembele being with a top Spurs team could be great value. There's a lot of options though for £5.5m and below.

When and if Dembele plays he won't be getting in the opposition box too often, there will be far better options for 5.5m, hang tough for a few weeks and they'll become apparent.

Yeah I was saying it earlier in the month. I really like him and will surely go on loan now if Willian and Lamela signed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Any word on Kompanys injury? Commentators seemed to think it would take a while to recover from a groin injury (which he signalled immediately). FF has him rated as 50% chance of playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

JokerD wrote: »
    Even though I'm quite content with my team, at some stage I'll have to play the wildcard and the team I want to give a go will leave me with £5.5m for a midfielder. Dembele being with a top Spurs team could be great value. There's a lot of options though for £5.5m and below.

Ramsey, Rosicky, Cole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Ormus wrote: »
    Ramsey, Rosicky, Cole

Ramsey has been class tonight.

is fulham's Briggs worth putting in at 4.0? he played last weekend. just wondering if hes just covering for someone injured

• Advertisement

is fulham's Briggs worth putting in at 4.0? he played last weekend. just wondering if hes just covering for someone injured

Came on for Kieran Richardson who got injured early on. Don't know what the story with the injury is though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I have Dembele but agree that he will not be getting forward as much as last season esp if Willian starts games which he must at his price,Dembele might be benched soon:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Any word on Kompanys injury? Commentators seemed to think it would take a while to recover from a groin injury (which he signalled immediately). FF has him rated as 50% chance of playing?

3 weeks, should be back for the derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

How do people rate Willian's points potential? Knowing very little about him and just perusing his appearances/goals record, it's fairly average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

West Brom have signed Scott Sinclair (6.0) on a season long loan, could be worth consideration if he gets game time and West Brom return to some of the attacking form we saw last season.

How do people rate Willian's points potential? Knowing very little about him and just perusing his appearances/goals record, it's fairly average.

now that he looks like goin to Chelsea i be less keen on him because its another midfielder abd chelsea have loads!

now that he looks like goin to Chelsea i be less keen on him because its another midfielder abd chelsea have loads!

Yeah but if Willian goes to Chelsea then naturally Mata will go to United as part of a Rooney deal. Or well that seems to be transfer window logic anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Yeah but if Willian goes to Chelsea then naturally Mata will go to United as part of a Rooney deal. Or well that seems to be transfer window logic anyway :pac:

i said that a couple of weeks back and I think its becoming more likely by the day especially if they get willian. Its the only way I can see utd letting rooney go to chelsea as by getting mata there wont be a major backlash from the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

There is logic to the transfer market:eek:

• Advertisement

carraig2 wrote: »
    There is logic to the transfer market:eek:

That may have been slightly tongue in cheek :p

Advertisement