Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

amber69 wrote: »
    He'd still get the clean sheet bp.

No, I'm talking about pure bonus points that defenders seem to be attracting more than anyone else - particularly when they keep a clean sheet.

An OOP defender is a completely different scenario now. Playing in midfield means there's a good chance they'll have a lower pass completion rate, less important blocks etc.

This is all anecdotal of course, but OOP players are a different ball game now to what they were (Not necessarily negatively).

Podolski out for three weeks Wenger said tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Dónal wrote: »
    Podolski out for three weeks Wenger said tonight.

He was never a certain starter even when fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭skippy15

Looking at United players other than Mr RVP-

So I think Vidic is good price and will get a lot of blocks and has some attacking potential. Has made every wildcard draft so far,

Attacking wise only person i'm interested in is Valencia, for 7.5m I think he could nail down a place under Moyes and his position doesn't seem as much under threat as those playing through the middle? What do people think, or more informed United fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

skippy15 wrote: »

So I think Vidic is good price and will get a lot of blocks and has some attacking potential. Has made every wildcard draft so far,

Attacking wise only person i'm interested in is Valencia, for 7.5m I think he could nail down a place under Moyes and his position doesn't seem as much under threat as those playing through the middle? What do people think, or more informed United fans?

It's a waste of money, Even if he plays regularly he's not generating any real attacking returns. Young made more impact with 2 crosses in 15 seconds than Valencia did all his time on the pitch. He might still pop up with a goal or assist but I would never be confident of getting me a return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Chris Ryan

Who do you reckon will start on goal for West Brom while Foster is out? Myhill or Daniels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Chris Ryan wrote: »
    Who do you reckon will start on goal for West Brom while Foster is out? Myhill or Daniels?

Clarke has said he could bring in another keeper . Avoid both of them for now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Bony , Shelvey & Williams all miss Swansea European games with "minor " knocks .

I'd say Bony is certain to start on Sunday now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

skippy15 wrote: »

For me:
    Vidic is in and Valencia is on the watch list but he would really need to up his game this season to be a value for 7.5m. I'd need to see 3-4 solid performances from him before I even get tempted.
    Overall, I'm not entertaining any real chance of transferring a United midfielder into my team for a good few GW's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I currently have the West Brom striker berahino on the watch list, HT in the Cup and with Anelka out could be worth a shout.

Anelka is on the way back, at ease men!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Townsend and Barcley have both been called up for England, Townsend is in super form, no surprise really as he was brilliant for QPR last year, I'm starting to think there's a real chance of him becoming a regular at Spurs, I'd give him the nod over Lennon at the moment, wouldn't be surprised to see a new signing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What's the story on Fabio Quagliarella as a matter of interest? WOrth watching should he join a premier league outfit? Linked with West Ham, Southamptom, Sunderland and Norwich.

Personally think he'll end up with either the Hammers or Sunderland.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

What's the story on Fabio Quagliarella as a matter of interest? WOrth watching should he join a premier league outfit? Linked with West Ham, Southamptom, Sunderland and Norwich.

Personally think he'll end up with either the Hammers or Sunderland.

I'm not a big fan, but if he's cheap enough he could make a decent 3rd striker given the right team.

Stoke's new winger on the watchlist.

Assaidi (4.9m)

Anyone with pace that can cross a ball towards Peter Crouch and Walters is worth keeping an eye on.

Not going to be a short term accquisition, but potentially in 4/5 gameweeks he might be taking over from Brady as my budgie midfielder.

Spurs are likely to release Holtby and Sigurdsson on loan, if they stay in the premier league they will be good options under 7m, this is gonna be an interesting few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Spurs are likely to release Holtby and Sigurdsson on loan, if they stay in the premier league they will be good options under 7m, this is gonna be an interesting few days.

Siggy must wish he'd just gone with Benny Rodgers to Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Both could be handy options indeed. I'm guessing Townsend will be staying now after playing well and getting called up for England? A pity as Lamela and Lennon will be ahead of him most likely.

Both could be handy options indeed. I'm guessing Townsend will be staying now after playing well and getting called up for England? A pity as Lamela and Lennon will be ahead of him most likely.

Was listening to talksport just now and Brad Friedel was on, he was saying how Townend has been their best player so far this year, not far wrong from what I've seen, we've both been saying it but the guy can be a brilliant player in a real world and more importantly for us fantasy perspective, bit of the Gareth Bale about him:P. Talking as a Spurs fan I'd like to see him have a good run in the team,

Friedel also compared Soldado to a young Robbie Fowler, coming from someone who has trained with both that is high praise indeed, he hasn't set the world alight yet but has kept it ticking over with the penalties, I'll be keeping faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Was listening to talksport just now and Brad Friedel was on, he was saying how Townend has been their best player so far this year, not far wrong from what I've seen, we've both been saying it but the guy can be a brilliant player in a real world and more importantly for us fantasy perspective, bit of the Gareth Bale about him:P. Talking as a Spurs fan I'd like to see him have a good run in the team,

Friedel also compared Soldado to a young Robbie Fowler, coming from someone who has trained with both that is high praise indeed, he hasn't set the world alight yet but has kept it ticking over with the penalties, I'll be keeping faith.

And they say Americans don't talk ****e :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone you're looking at now that the window has closed?

Ozil at Arsenal and Lukaku at Everton jump out at me. I wouldn't be too pushed about the others. Perhaps Coentrao at Manchester United depending on price, position and first team opportunities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Paully D wrote: »

Ozil at Arsenal and Lukaku at Everton jump out at me. I wouldn't be too pushed about the others. Perhaps Coentrao at Manchester United depending on price, position and first team opportunities.

Definitely Lukaku at Everton, currently priced at 7.4. Could be a real bargain. Will have to decide on Ozil based on price and then decide between him and Walcott.

I suspect United will play Fellaini as a defensive midfielder but, if they played him like Everton did last year, with him getting forward into the box as much as he could behind the striker, he could be a revelation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Paully D wrote: »

Kozak to Villa, top scorer in Europa league last year, potential to take from Benteke's share of points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Definitely Lukaku at Everton, currently priced at 7.4. Could be a real bargain. Will have to decide on Ozil based on price and then decide between him and Walcott.

If ozil is under ten.5 million then I'll be swapping him for Walcott, surely Walcott won't still be on set pieces

Oranage2 wrote: »
    If ozil is under ten.5 million then I'll be swapping him for Walcott, surely Walcott won't still be on set pieces

Whatever about Arsenal mids, Giroud is serious value now that they failed to bring in a striker.

The only backup they have is Bendtner!

Oranage2 wrote: »

Whatever about Arsenal mids, Giroud is serious value now that they failed to bring in a striker.

The only backup they have is Bendtner!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Giroud could be the one to benefit most from all the creativity behing him now, Ozil, Cazorla and Walcott; I'm even toying with the idea of having Walcott or Ozil AND Giroud. Arsenals stock just went up big time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

How do ppl feel about Steven Ireland for 4.8 joining Mark Hughes again? I think he might be worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Lukaku defo for me, but after Everton's game with Chelsea.I'm sure he cant/wont be allowed play again them.
    Ozil also if not to pricy will replace Theo. Have 2 free transfers this week so works out well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If a bunch of people buy Ozil, will his price rise before GW 4? Or is there a moratorium on price rises for a new player?

• Advertisement

I'd love to get Ozil but I think I'll keep onto Theo and two premium mids from one team seems a bit excessive at this stage. I think a player of Ozil's creativity will be brilliant for Theo, they could become a lethal combination, he's going to be a lot harder to handle with the quality of service he's likely to have with Ozil now as well as Santi.

You'd have to worry about Ramsey now though, he could really become a bit part player even in the form he's in, I think Arteta will have that 5th mid place and Flamini is next in line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Confirmed Ozil 10millon....nice tasty price!

Confirmed Ozil 10millon....nice tasty price!

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Full list of all new players added:
    GKP Viviano,(ARS) 5.0, MID Özil (ARS) 10.0, FWD Kozák (AVL) 6.5, DEF Théophile (CAR) 4.5

MID Willian (CHE) 8.5, FWD Eto'o (CHE) 9.0, DEF Hunt (CRY) 4.0, DEF Mariappa (CRY) 4.0, MID Kebe (CRY) 5.0

MID McCarthy (EVE) 5.5, DEF Zverotić (FUL) 4.5, FWD Gedo (HUL) 4.5, DEF Sakho (LIV) 5.5, DEF Ilori (LIV), 5.0

MID Arnautovic (STK) 5.5, DEF Dossena (SUN) 5.0, FWD Alvaro (SWA) 5.5

MID Eriksen (TOT) 8.0, DEF Chiriches (TOT) 5.5, GKP Camp (WBA) 4.0, MID Amalfitano (WBA) 5.0

In addition to Ozil, Eriksen and Sakho look great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Eto'o for 9.0 could be an option.. Seems Mour doesn't like his current selection

Willian also another option.. possible Coutinho replacement?

Quick Q: Are signings (from outside PL) price protected for there first GW?
    e.g OZIL :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Arnautovic at 5.5m for Stoke is an interesing one considering he'll likely play as striker. The obvious Sakho (5.5m) and Ozil (10m) are great prices too..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Quick Q: Are signings (from outside PL) price protected for there first GW?
    e.g OZIL :)

Ye I was thinking that surely ozils price will rocket if he hits the ground running.

What I want to know, and I don't know if you mean the same, apologies if you do ajcurry... is that Ozil and the likes, will their price be protected until the next Game week? If not, Ozil's price could very easily rise from here on in.. if it's the case, I'll be temporarily transferring in Ozil for Walcott, and then changing that again to Toure before the start of the next gw.

Also, is Sakho now a guaranteed starter? Looking at him and Toure atm... best way into that defence.

• Advertisement

Oh and Arnautovic is marked as a midfielder? Surely a mistake... otherwise could be good value for 5.5

Another one I'm keeping an eye on is James Mc Carthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Oh and Arnautovic is marked as a midfielder? Surely a mistake... otherwise could be good value for 5.5

Another one I'm keeping an eye on is James Mc Carthy.
    I think he will be playing a deeper role for Everton, like the assist the assister role.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I think he will be playing a deeper role for Everton, like the assist the assister role.

I was thinking that myself, especially if ~BArkley keeps his place, might play ahead of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Although not a new signing, a fully fit Rooney should be starting all of Uniteds games behind RVP, and at 10.5 could be a cheaper option into the United front line given he scored 12/10 last season in a similar position.

I was thinking that myself, especially if ~BArkley keeps his place, might play ahead of him?
    Barkley can fill into CAM behind the striker and McCarthy may replace Fellani in CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Barkley can fill into CAM behind the striker and McCarthy may replace Fellani in CM.
    Don't forget about Gareth Barry.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 95 ✭✭Judge Roy Bean

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Although not a new signing, a fully fit Rooney should be starting all of Uniteds games behind RVP, and at 10.5 could be a cheaper option into the United front line given he scored 12/10 last season in a similar position.

My senitments exactly

eagle eye wrote: »
    Don't forget about Gareth Barry.
    Ah yes! I say Barry will be fighting for a place as well. I liked him when he played for Villa but since he went to City his career went downhill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

My senitments exactly

I expect Kagawa to be pushed out onto the wing with freedom to cut in, thus lowering his appeal overall.
    Nani - Rooney - Kagawa
    RVP
    As for Zaha, Young and Valencia I imagine we'll see each come off the bench when needed. Valencia did provide decent cover at RB when jones limped off against Liverpool.

I panicked and used my wildcard last week due to too many non-playing players to even make a dent, and now I'm managing bit by bit. However, as I have RVP in my team I can drop him for Rooney which then gives me even more money to spend.

Ozil is another tantalizing prospect, but 10mill is a bit steep I feel. Maybe if he settles well, he'll be worth it, but I think Giroud at 8.7 now (I think) is the star buy for Arsenal. Walcott, too, may benefit from Ozil's quality.

Barry will certainly play IMO, I wouldn't be surprised to see McCarthy get licence to pop up quite regularly in the oppositions box, like a young Roy Keane, if any of ye are old enough to remember that:o:pac:, whenever I've seen McCarthy scoring(not too often I know though he did score twice in one match last year I think) that's what he's reminded me of.
    I think Barcley may have to bide his time a little before he's regular first choice.
    Everton have a number of options with the players they now have, the signings they've made would suggest that Martinez may very a little from his usual formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I'd love to get Ozil but I think I'll keep onto Theo and two premium mids from one team seems a bit excessive at this stage. I think a player of Ozil's creativity will be brilliant for Theo, they could become a lethal combination, he's going to be a lot harder to handle with the quality of service he's likely to have with Ozil now as well as Santi.

You'd have to worry about Ramsey now though, he could really become a bit part player even in the form he's in, I think Arteta will have that 5th mid place and Flamini is next in line.

Very much doubt Ransey will be droped, far more likely that Jack will be rested when Arteta returns and Arsenal will line up with a midfield of Arteta and Ramsey with Ozil in front and Santi and Theo outwide.

Ramsey has been Arsenals best player so far this season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement