Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Very much doubt Ransey will be droped, far more likely that Jack will be rested when Arteta returns and Arsenal will line up with a midfield of Arteta and Ramsey with Ozil in front and Santi and Theo outwide.

Ramsey has been Arsenals best player so far this season.

Sorry, no offence but their is no way a fit Wilshere isn't one of the first names on Wenger's teamsheet, I agree that Ramsey has been brilliant, so has Townsend for Spurs but he won't keep his place either.

Sorry, I should have said in my opinion, don't mean to sound like I know it all, I'm a big admirer of Wilshere and assume most others are also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

People swapping Walcott or Carzola for Ozil are mad,as Lemlin pointed out the value is Giroud,he now has some of the best service he is ever likely to recieve,being in form as well is a massive plus.
    I will be selling Walcott to get in Giroud up top,not keen on both as i am going 5-3-2 for 2/3 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Sorry, no offence but their is no way a fit Wilshere isn't one of the first names on Wenger's teamsheet, I agree that Ramsey has been brilliant, so has Townsend for Spurs but he won't keep his place either.

Sorry, I should have said in my opinion, don't mean to sound like I know it all, I'm a big admirer of Wilshere and assume most others are also.

Thats the thing Wilshire is no where near fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I expect Kagawa to be pushed out onto the wing with freedom to cut in, thus lowering his appeal overall.
    Nani - Rooney - Kagawa
    RVP
    As for Zaha, Young and Valencia I imagine we'll see each come off the bench when needed. Valencia did provide decent cover at RB when jones limped off against Liverpool.

Kagawa pushed out onto the wing with the freedom to cut in??? :confused::confused:
    He'll have to be pushed onto the match day squads first.... then pushed ahead of giggs on the bench...then pushed......then pushed....then pushed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Kagawa pushed out onto the wing with the freedom to cut in??? :confused::confused:
    He'll have to be pushed onto the match day squads first.... then pushed ahead of giggs on the bench...then pushed......then pushed....then pushed....

Exactly this

I don't know why people keep assuming Kagawa will start regularly seen as he hasn't played at all so far. I know he's a very good player but that's not much good if Moyes isn't playing him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Barry will certainly play IMO, I wouldn't be surprised to see McCarthy get licence to pop up quite regularly in the oppositions box, like a young Roy Keane, if any of ye are old enough to remember that:o:pac:, whenever I've seen McCarthy scoring(not too often I know though he did score twice in one match last year I think) that's what he's reminded me of.
    I think Barcley may have to bide his time a little before he's regular first choice.
    Everton have a number of options with the players they now have, the signings they've made would suggest that Martinez may very a little from his usual formation.

Mirallas may now be in danger aswell depending on what way everton line up. Everton have done well out yesterday I think. They have got barry mccarthy and lukaku and only lost fellani from their starting team. Thats two players that will lose their place from the starting front 6.

He looks a great player and gets some hype on here considering how little he has done from an ff perspective. With rooney staying I just dont see a regular role for Kagawa in the utd team. A shame really as he would be a great midfield option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

He looks a great player and gets some hype on here considering how little he has done from an ff perspective. With rooney staying I just dont see a regular role for Kagawa in the utd team. A shame really as he would be a great midfield option.

He was a very good player with Dortmund but I think its the United goggles clouding peoples ff vision. I wouldn't touch until he playing regularly and in a central position

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Mirallas may now be in danger aswell depending on what way everton line up. Everton have done well out yesterday I think. They have got barry mccarthy and lukaku and only lost fellani from their starting team. Thats two players that will lose their place from the starting front 6.

Mirallas is pretty much the only width they have, so unless they start playing Coleman and Baines as wing backs, he has to keep his place.

I know Pienaar gets out wide sometimes but he isn't a winger.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've been worried about Mirallas too but I can't see him getting dropped. He's missed a few really good chances and should probably have at least 2/3 goals so far but surely he's vital to the balance of the team. The Belgian alliance with Lukaku may kick start him.

I may drop him out of my squad for a few weeks but the game against Chelsea is probably a good one for him to actually do something as he's more of a big game player. I know it was pre-season but he was the star of the show against both Juventus and Madrid. Loyalty is a dangerous thing in this game and Mickey's the only one that can afford and extended stay of execution for me.

I'd wait and see how Everton get on in their next 2 games against Chelsea and West Ham. A nice fixture against Newcastle in GW6 then to bring in somebody maybe (I'm aware City in GW 7 but Everton have a good history against them even if that was Moyes)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Moyes has said he isn't 100% match fit. We can only assume that is infact true and he'll be given his chances when ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Moyes has said he isn't 100% match fit. We can only assume that is infact true and he'll be given his chances when ready.

I wouldn't assume anything a manager says is true. I would only consider Kagawa once he is named in a starting 11. Coming on as a sub is of no use either imo, as this could indicate role as squad player, nothing more

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Am I correct in saying Kagawa wasnt played alot by Ferguson either? As in it is not just a Moyes thing as I have been reading elsewhere. Maybe just maybe he is not quite the player the fans make him out to be? I like Kagawa alot, but to me its says alot when his managers at Utd either have not started him much or have played him out of his preferred position. A nailed on role for United would certainly appeal from a fantasy football perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Am I correct in saying Kagawa wasnt played alot by Ferguson either? As in it is not just a Moyes thing as I have been reading elsewhere. Maybe just maybe he is not quite the player the fans make him out to be? I like Kagawa alot, but to me its says alot when his managers at Utd either have not started him much or have played him out of his preferred position. A nailed on role for United would certainly appeal from a fantasy football perspective.

I think he was injured early on last year and never got a proper run at the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody any suggestions. I already have Cazorla, Walcott and Giroud. Do people think Walcott will play less want to get in Ozil but not sure who to get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody any suggestions. I already have Cazorla, Walcott and Giroud. Do people think Walcott will play less want to get in Ozil but not sure who to get out.

Id swap cazorla to ozil if anything, a lot of arsenal cover, they have a bad week, so do you.

The main effect is that Cazorla will be on the left wing more often compared to last season, so could argue that maybe his goal tally will dip slightly. Walcotts game time is absolutely nailed on in a relatively thin top 4 squad, and should benefit from having ozil and caz to play him in behind defences. Giroud is also absolutely nailed on and at 8.7 looks great value. If u were insistent on bringing in Ozil then i would say that it should be for Cazorla. But imo the two Arsenal picks are Giroud and Walcott, with the caveat that premium mids are tough to pick this year and Walcott is possibly the standout option due to goal threat and garaunteed gametime compared to Chelsea City etc, whereas without Giroud you can still have Soldaldo Sturridge and benteke as premium stikers of similar price, and thats not even mentioning RVP or Lukaku now at Everton for 7.4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Maybe but Arsenal have serious firepower i expect more good weeks than bad. I thought Walcott could be the highest scoring midfielder but he might play less now.

Maybe but Arsenal have serious firepower i expect more good weeks than bad. I thought Walcott could be the highest scoring midfielder but he might play less now.

Everything that Kevin said above is spot on in my eyes. Cazorla will be on the left and is .5 more expensive that Walcott too. Everything points to Walcott being a much better pick than Cazorla. Walcott should see a lot more gametime compared to last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Obviously not one to consider for the moment but if Sahko starts playing for Liverpool, at 5.5 he could be a big points scorer.

Why? Could be in line for bonus in new bonus point system.

He had over 90% pass accuracy last season averageing out 40-something passes. He would be the ultimate passing CB in FF terms, which we have seen already gives a great chance of bonus.

So if he plays and if Liverpool keep a clean sheet (esp in a narrow win) he should be getting bonus.

Like I said, just one to keep an eye on, cos I'm not sure if he'll walk straight in the team and there is a lot of competition there at CB

kagawas biggest problem was that he was bought to play behind rooney once utd signed rvp that went out the window as rooney will play off rvp. I dont think utd would have signed kagawa if they knew at the time they were going to get rvp.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Obviously not one to consider for the moment but if Sahko starts playing for Liverpool, at 5.5 he could be a big points scorer.

Why? Could be in line for bonus in new bonus point system.

He had over 90% pass accuracy last season averageing out 40-something passes. He would be the ultimate passing CB in FF terms, which we have seen already gives a great chance of bonus.

So if he plays and if Liverpool keep a clean sheet (esp in a narrow win) he should be getting bonus.

Like I said, just one to keep an eye on, cos I'm not sure if he'll walk straight in the team and there is a lot of competition there at CB

Liverpool have a lot of nice fixtures coming up, if he starts then I'll be definitely bringing him in, what's his card stat do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

any liverpool fans able to tell me what the likely back 4 will be? i had planned on toure as a player in my team for my final wildcard team but is he now unlikely to be a regular?

Hogey007 wrote: »
    any liverpool fans able to tell me what the likely back 4 will be? i had planned on toure as a player in my team for my final wildcard team but is he now unlikely to be a regular?

They don't know themselves since Agger and sakho both only play the lcb role, id imagine sakho playing along with Agger or possibly sakho moved to lb, there is also the possibility of pool playing 3 centre backs but I don't think they will. But both skertl and Toure played well so maybe Bren will be reluctant to drop them just yet as he is known for giving players the position to lose.

Toure could also be moved to defensivemid so I'm going to hold onto him just in case he finds a way into the team but I wouldn't gamble on him using my wildcard.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    They don't know themselves since Agger and sakho both only play the lcb role, id imagine sakho playing along with Agger or possibly sakho moved to lb, there is also the possibility of pool playing 3 centre backs but I don't think they will. But both skertl and Toure played well so maybe Bren will be reluctant to drop them just yet as he is known for giving players the position to lose.

Toure could also be moved to defensivemid so I'm going to hold onto him just in case he finds a way into the team but I wouldn't gamble on him using my wildcard.

toure could also play rb with johnson injured. Tbh anything cud happen safest bet is go with mig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

toure could also play rb with johnson injured. Tbh anything cud happen safest bet is go with mig.

This....anything could happen. If Sakhois on International duty, I cant see him getting a debut away to Swansea on Monday week. Id imagine Johnson wont be fit for Swansea, so RB will be Wisdom or Toure. Hard to drop Skrtel after Sunday as well as Agger. Only nailed on positions are Mignolet in goal and Enrique at LB, but Cissoko will be fit in 4-6 weeks so id imagine that will be up in the air then.

On Monday Id hazard a guess at:

Mignolet
    Wisdom...Toure....Agger....Enrique

But he could also go 3cbs. Cant see Toure at RB though

cheers for the replies about the Liverpool defence.
    my plan had been to go coleman alongside vidic or zab and the a 5.0 def, toure or dawson. with shaw and turner who rotate nicely as my other 2.
    but now dawson is a bigger rotation risk and toure is too. might just go with toure and see how it pans out or else try free up .4 or .5 to get kos or mertesacker in instead of toure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Everything that Kevin said above is spot on in my eyes. Cazorla will be on the left and is .5 more expensive that Walcott too. Everything points to Walcott being a much better pick than Cazorla. Walcott should see a lot more gametime compared to last season.

THeo could have at least 3 goals this season already. He's getting into the right positions. Goals will come in time, very confident in that.

SantryRed wrote: »
    THeo could have at least 3 goals this season already. He's getting into the right positions. Goals will come in time, very confident in that.

Absolutely true. Theo looks like he's in great nick, Lloris had to be at his very best on Sunday, particularly when challenging Theo outside the box, he looked razor sharp against Fulham also.
    I was a critic of his consistency and finishing before but I don't think I'd be without him in my team now, Ozil or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Yeah basically anything could happen with Liverpool defence at the mo.

I would avoid Johnson and Toure for the moment due to injury concerns.

Mignolet is almost a must have as a goalkeeper at his price and there's little need to double up (I did at the start of the season as I thought Toure at 5 was too good to turn down).

So stick with Mig.

Enrique maybe the most likely to start regularly in the short term after - Sakho is not really a left-back and it would be very harsh to drop him after some very solid performances, so if you really wanted a Liverpool defender I'd be inclined to go with Enrique

• Advertisement

Agger is pretty sure of his place isn't he? I'd much rather have an outfield defensive cover than a goalie.
    Johnson also is certain to play when he's fit, we'll have to say a decade of the rosary for Kolo, I'd say he's in a lot of our teams and was looking like an inspired buy.

Agger is pretty sure of his place isn't he? I'd much rather have an outfield defensive cover than a goalie.
    Johnson also is certain to play when he's fit, we'll have to say a decade of the rosary for Kolo, I'd say he's in a lot of our teams and was looking like an inspired buy.

its a shame toure got injured i was going toure boruc now its gonna be mig and maybe shaw or lovren. The toure boruc combo saves atleast .5 .As im on wildcard it makes most sense to go with mig now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Toure injury was supposed to be minor,should be available,whether he starts with new signings and skertle performance is a Different thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

sword1 wrote: »
    Toure injury was supposed to be minor,should be available,whether he starts with new signings and skertle performance is a Different thing

I don't think Rodgers likes Skrtel. With the new signings, I'd say he'll be gone in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

kagawas biggest problem was that he was bought to play behind rooney once utd signed rvp that went out the window as rooney will play off rvp. I dont think utd would have signed kagawa if they knew at the time they were going to get rvp.

On the Kagawa conundrum, this is from Danial Taylor of the Guardian:

"United are taken aback, for example, by the latest suggestion they challenged Arsenal for Mesut Ozil. The truth is that United and Manchester City were both offered the player three weeks ago. United turned it down because they had already made up their mind that Wayne Rooney would not be leaving and they did not want to break their transfer record, paying upwards of £40m, for someone who plays in the same position.
    Their thinking also took into account they have Shinji Kagawa, among others, for the No10 role. Kagawa still features prominently in the thinking of David Moyes despite not even being on the bench against Liverpool on Sunday. His problem is two-fold: one, that he has had an exhausting summer with his national team and is being brought back slowly; two, that Moyes has not really seen him play or got to know him very well. He is not, however, being marginalised.
    United rebuffed an approach from Atlético Madrid for the Japan international and would have done the same if Borussia Dortmund had been in touch. As it was, there has not been a single telephone call from the Bundesliga club, despite talking up a possible return."

Full article......

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/04/manchester-united-ander-herrera-transfer-farce

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    On the Kagawa conundrum, this is from Danial Taylor of the Guardian:

"United are taken aback, for example, by the latest suggestion they challenged Arsenal for Mesut Ozil. The truth is that United and Manchester City were both offered the player three weeks ago. United turned it down because they had already made up their mind that Wayne Rooney would not be leaving and they did not want to break their transfer record, paying upwards of £40m, for someone who plays in the same position.
    Their thinking also took into account they have Shinji Kagawa, among others, for the No10 role. Kagawa still features prominently in the thinking of David Moyes despite not even being on the bench against Liverpool on Sunday. His problem is two-fold: one, that he has had an exhausting summer with his national team and is being brought back slowly; two, that Moyes has not really seen him play or got to know him very well. He is not, however, being marginalised.
    United rebuffed an approach from Atlético Madrid for the Japan international and would have done the same if Borussia Dortmund had been in touch. As it was, there has not been a single telephone call from the Bundesliga club, despite talking up a possible return."

Full article......

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/04/manchester-united-ander-herrera-transfer-farce

Im sorry but that is scutter, no way in hell that either of them turned down the chance to sign Ozil, infact Danial Taylor reported on Tuesday that United had attempted to hijack the deal at the last minute, he needs to at least kepp the fiction consistent. Kagawa over Ozil lol either Taylor or Moyes and Pelligrini needs to be sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'm still laughing at the disbelief amongst people that Arsenal have signed Ozil. Its almost like "hang on, its impossible that Ozil is going there, he must have turned down/been offered to other teams first."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Kagawa over Ozil lol either Taylor or Moyes and Pelligrini needs to be sacked.

There's a difference between turning down Ozil because you already have Kagawa and being given an option between signing Ozil or Kagawa when you have neither.

bohsman wrote: »
    There's a difference between turning down Ozil because you already have Kagawa and being given an option between signing Ozil or Kagawa when you have neither.

Turning down signing Ozil is retarded no matter who you have, and it would have been the perfect signing for both new managers to win over the fans, particularly Moyes who will always have Fergies shadow looming in the background.

Quite simply the article is a load of horse shi*e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

So Madrid shouldn't have been willing to sell under any circumstances and he should definitely have gone for a multiple of 40m considering any club not attempting to sign him is retarded..

I highly rate him as a player but when you have the players City have you just don't need to pay that much in transfers and wages whereas for United it is the one part of the pitch they don't need to strengthen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

I'm sure it was an inter-league agreement. You get Bale we get one of yours. Can't suck the straw too much one way or the other.

Turning down signing Ozil is retarded no matter who you have, and it would have been the perfect signing for both new managers to win over the fans, particularly Moyes who will always have Fergies shadow looming in the background.

Quite simply the article is a load of horse shi*e.

no it's not! ozil's area is not a problem area for united, why on earth would they blow their transfer budget on an area that isn't a problem?
    yes Ozil is class, there's no disputing that, and he is better than the options united have there, but united's big concern is central midfield, if the article is correct and united did turn down the opportunity to speak to him, it was a while ago, at that time united still hoped on getting fellaini and another midfielder who we now know was herrerea. they got one and couldn't get down the price on the other but if they had we were talking over 50 million spent, at the time they didn't know they wouldn't get both so as i say, ozil wasn't a problem area.
    united were poor in the transfer market and i'm sure a lot of lessons were learned but not signing ozil wasn't a mistake. and before that's taken out of context, i have already said ozil is brilliant and will play that role better than rooney or kagawa but we had other area's that needed addressing more.
    In an ideal world we could have paid the 35-40 million for ozil and sold kagawa for 20 million or so but it's not football manager, it's real life.

Andre Wisdom at 4.4 could become a bargain route into the Liverpool defence if rumours of Glen Johnson being out injured for 8-10 weeks are accurate.

Andre Wisdom at 4.4 could become a bargain route into the Liverpool defence if rumours of Glen Johnson being out injured for 8-10 weeks are accurate.

True or would Martin Kelly be preferred? He's even better at 4.3. I'll stick with Mig myself but there's a bargain to be had potentially.

True or would Martin Kelly be preferred? He's even better at 4.3. I'll stick with Mig myself but there's a bargain to be had potentially.

The impression i got from the Liverpool thread is that Wisdom would be the one to step in.
    Its still a grey area as the extent of Johnsons injury is unconfirmed and its quite possible that he might not be out for long at all, but worth keeping an eye on.
    Wisdom was very close to dropping to 4.3 before Johnsons injury last weekend which would have been even sweeter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What about the two new defenders Liverpool have signed? Can either of them play right back?

I was reading the Liverpool thread the other week and some were saying Liverpool may have signed two defenders because Rodgers' long term goal to play 3 at the back with 2 wing backs. He experimented with that at the end of last year.

kolo toure could play rb aswell he played there for arsenal. Sakho is a left sided player there is talk he could even play lb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I reckon Kolo will start at RB, allowing Sakho to play at CB with Agger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I just noticed Danny Rose is a LB classed a midfielder in FF. I know OOP players can be ones to watch sometimes, but surely a defender classed as a mid is the opposite of what you want?

• Advertisement

Danger781 wrote: »
    I just noticed Danny Rose is a LB classed a midfielder in FF. I know OOP players can be ones to watch sometimes, but surely a defender classed as a mid is the opposite of what you want?

Exactly, there is nothing worse. Coleman had the same problem last year but that was more understandable, Rose would be fantastic as a defender.

Advertisement