Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Loan - Do I have to declare my Husband's debt?

Options
  • 21-07-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, If applying for credit union loan which is an account in my name only do I have to declare any credit cards in my husband's name? I am a card holder on his credit cards but all statements are in his name only as he is the credit card owner? My husband does not hold an account with the Credit Union...do they just run the ICB check on me and would the cards show up?

Also If I do have to declare my husbands credit card debt should I be honest to say the loan is to pay off the cards as the interest repayments are killing us and so we're gonna destroy the 2 cards? :confused::confused: so they know we can manage repayments of the CU loan or say it is to repay credit cards to clear debt to enable us to do DIY on house so they feel it is a good reason to give us the loan? :confused:

Applying tomorrow or Tuesday so a quick response would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

enable us to do DIY on house so they feel it is a good reason to give us the loan?

And if they ask you to produce invoices, you are going to produce what??? You are dealing with people that have a lot more experience than you in playing this game and they will have heard it all before...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

So basically, you're asking us to tell you how to pull the wool over their eyes.

That's a no. Please read the forum charter before posting again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement