Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mesh

• 21-07-2013 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

The colour you put on in between highlights, is this called mesh?

If not, what is mesh on the hair?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No, meche is highlights done with packets or foils (as opposed to the cap from back in the day).

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rainbows7

Ok, I was confused earlier when Mesh was recommended, as this is what I've been doing (highlights).
    So it's colour I need to get done in between the mesh/highlights to give it that nicer look and hide the black areas which often looks unfinished.
    Make sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Mesh a method of coloring hair, usually highlights are put in using mesh, lowlights can also be applied at the same time as highlights are using the mesh method, I think :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

rainbows7 wrote: »
    Ok, I was confused earlier when Mesh was recommended, as this is what I've been doing (highlights).
    So it's colour I need to get done in between the mesh/highlights to give it that nicer look and hide the black areas which often looks unfinished.
    Make sense?

Well, the idea of highlights is that it looks more natural by having lots of tones in your hair. You could get a full head done, which would reduce the amount of your natural colour seen. Or you could get a colour put in around the highlights, but beware that if your natural colour is a lot darker than your dyed colour, you might hide the "black" bits but your roots will grow out much more noticeably.

Advertisement