Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kwa m4 advice

• 21-07-2013 10:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, quick easy one for all you lads who know your stuff... Have a kwa km4 tactical, I want to know will a vltor upper receiver fit..
    Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

I dont think it will because the KWA top receiver is held in place by the rear body pin and when you remove it the whole receiver pivots forward on the front body pin just like the real M4 does

On most other Airsoft M4s you remove the front body pin and the upper receiver slides forward to disassembly as the rear of the upper receiver slides under the lower receiver at the stock tube area to keep it in place

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭jimeryan22

DeBurca wrote: »
    I dont think it will because the KWA top receiver is held in place by the rear body pin and when you remove it the whole receiver pivots forward on the front body pin just like the real M4 does

On most other Airsoft M4s you remove the front body pin and the upper receiver slides forward to disassembly as the rear of the upper receiver slides under the lower receiver at the stock tube area to keep it in place

I thought that alright.. So would have to get a top and bottom receiver.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

There may be a few wee problems using a KWA gearbox in a different receiver as the distance between the holes for the rear body pin and the smaller pin in the trigger area are just a smidgen different

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭jimeryan22

DeBurca wrote: »
    There may be a few wee problems using a KWA gearbox in a different receiver as the distance between the holes for the rear body pin and the smaller pin in the trigger area are just a smidgen different

Wicked.. I'd heard the KWA stuff is a bit different alright.. That's a fecker..
    Like the look of the vltor's.. Ah we'll, just upgrade to the butt so...!
    Thanks deBurca

Advertisement