Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caravan Park in Rosses Point.

Options
  • 22-07-2013 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

If you enjoy been in the company of ignorance and can tolerate rudeness then I can certainly recommend Greenland’s Caravan Park in Rosses Point in Co. Sligo. My wife and I arrived in the park yesterday afternoon on a pre-arranged visit to meet up with friends who had booked in for a few days, because we were not residents of the park we asked the person in charge (who we now know was the owner) could she admit us as we did not have access to a ‘fob’ to activate the barrier, we also told her the reason for ourvisit. (I might add that we were guests of friends in this park on previous occasions and never encountered anything like this before)

She told us in no uncertain terms that she wouldn’t admit us, she said she could admit us but wouldn’t, and if we wanted to pass the barrier then we had to walk through the park and search for our friends who would have walk back down to the barrier and let us in, she then told us to move our car as we were blocking the entrance.

We were gobsmacked to say the least, it was obvious to us and after talking to other campers that this is the norm from management in Greenlands Caravan Pak, it beggars belief why people put up with this abuse, we found the whole episode very embarrassing especially as we had our son with us, out of respect for our friends who were camping that night we did not approach this woman when we were leaving.

For campers who are paying good money to Caravan Park owners the least they should expect is common courtesy instead of the welcome we received, my advice is to stay well away from Greenlands Caravan Park and go where your money in appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

I take it, ye had intentions of setting up camp for the night, as paying campers?

Even if ye weren't intent on staying, she didn't have to be so rude about it! The ONLY thing I can think of is that she has been caught this way before. Don't forget we are at the height of summer season too. Even...just saying...ye had been JUST visiting, and after a few hours decided to stay...it still shouldn't be an issue. It beggars belief really! Did she possibly mistake ye for someone else? Sounds like they lost a potential regular. Their loss! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

We actually live about 20 minutes away so we had no intention of staying, apparently this woman didn't have a problem with us visiting our friends, she just could not have bothered her a*se to facilitate us, and we never had any problems when we were there in the past. Our friends have stayed in Strandhill Caravan park in the past and we have called over and we never encountered any problems when visiting, in fact the staff in caravan park in Strandhill couldn't do enough for their customers, I might point out that our visits would only last for less than an hour where nothing stronger than a coffee would be consumed, we are a bit long in the tooth for anything else!!
    From what I can gather this sort of reception is the norm for this caravan park, but just because it's the norm does not say it is acceptable. I might add that our friends belong to a motor home club down south and as from Sunday last they will not recommend Rosses Point to their club members.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    We actually live about 20 minutes away so we had no intention of staying, apparently this woman didn't have a problem with us visiting our friends, she just could not have bothered her a*se to facilitate us, and we never had any problems when we were there in the past. Our friends have stayed in Strandhill Caravan park in the past and we have called over and we never encountered any problems when visiting, in fact the staff in caravan park in Strandhill couldn't do enough for their customers, I might point out that our visits would only last for less than an hour where nothing stronger than a coffee would be consumed, we are a bit long in the tooth for anything else!!
    From what I can gather this sort of reception is the norm for this caravan park, but just because it's the norm does not say it is acceptable. I might add that our friends belong to a motor home club down south and as from Sunday last they will not recommend Rosses Point to their club members.
    Yes, there really is no excuse for rudeness.

Advertisement