Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon hd 75600

Options
  • 22-07-2013 3:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi,
    Looking at the desktop on sale this thurs at Ald for 399i but I can find practically no info about the gpu.

Anybody know if its any use?

z92I2Fi.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's a 7560d not 75600
    It's the gpu integrated into the a8-5500 APU

It's easy to find info online about it.
    I wouldn't get it if you are interested in playing games. It's more suitable for someone who just plays games once in a while and does not mid setting everything to low detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The A8 will play some things grand. Fallout etc. even Skyrim from firsthand accounts will hum along on High, but I wouldn't buy a grocery store PC. Fuuuuck that. Plus, the A-series seems like an odd thing to put in a desktop rig. Makes a right lot of sense for laptops, but in a desktop just buy a dedicated card. Please. Either get an FX-series processor or go with something Intel based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

It's the Windows 8 that would put me off......;)

excollier wrote: »
    It's the Windows 8 that would put me off......;)

Why?

Because it belongs on a tablet, not a desktop/laptop. XP and 7, way better. It seems Microsoft would like everyone to go this way, so they can extract more money from hapless users
    Linux......now we're talking, but it's not for everyone I guess.

• Advertisement

Because it belongs on a tablet, not a desktop/laptop. XP and 7, way better. It seems Microsoft would like everyone to go this way, so they can extract more money from hapless users

But isn't windows 8 just like windows 7 that loads faster once you use something like start8?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

It's only the new Windows 8 UI that sucks but, you don't have to use the new UI if you don't want to. I've got Start8 installed so it looks and acts just like Windows 7 but, with all the new under the hood features of Win 8.

It's only the new Windows 8 UI that sucks but, you don't have to use the new UI if you don't want to. I've got Start8 installed so it looks and acts just like Windows 7 but, with all the new under the hood features of Win 8.

Exactly, if you have the choice of putting either windows 7 or 8 on a new PC I can't think of any reason to pick 7. Yes I hate the new UI but it's so simple to change it.

I try, and 99.99% of the time manage, not to use Windows at all, although I will have to use it for study (CompTIA A+) if I can get on the course.
    I changed to Linux, and apart from that course, can see no valid reason to go back to Windows, it does nothing (for my uses) that Linux can't, so I will be saving some hard earned over the next few years. I understand Start8 was an afterthought because of complaints - good they responded, but maybe they will come to see it as another Vista.
    Good luck to anyone using Win 8, that's their choice (mostly because they don't know of any alternative) but personally, now I have made the change, there is no way back - thankfully.
    Anyway, apologies to OP for straying off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I try, and 99.99% of the time manage, not to use Windows at all, although I will have to use it for study (CompTIA A+) if I can get on the course.
    I changed to Linux, and apart from that course, can see no valid reason to go back to Windows, it does nothing (for my uses) that Linux can't, so I will be saving some hard earned over the next few years. I understand Start8 was an afterthought because of complaints - good they responded, but maybe they will come to see it as another Vista.
    Good luck to anyone using Win 8, that's their choice (mostly because they don't know of any alternative) but personally, now I have made the change, there is no way back - thankfully.
    Anyway, apologies to OP for straying off topic.

I'm fully aware of the alternatives to Windows. I use it because I game on the PC and Windows is what's required to do that. I came from OS X to Windows and can say it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

• Advertisement

There is no good alternative to windows if you are a gamer.

Because it belongs on a tablet, not a desktop/laptop. XP and 7, way better.
    I have nothing against Windows 7, but calling XP a better OS is ridiculous. All support for Windows XP and Office 2003 will expire in April. They will not receive patches or exploit fixes beyond that date. It is not recommended to remain on that platform by any means.
    It seems Microsoft would like everyone to go this way, so they can extract more money from hapless users
    I don't see what the changes in 8 had to do with exploiting more money from people, at least more than is usual from a new OS.

Anyway, you already admitted you use the Windows environment 0.01% of the time, so - yeah.
    tuxy wrote: »
    But isn't windows 8 just like windows 7 that loads faster once you use something like start8?
    Pretty much, with extra redundancies like System Refresh. Other programs like HP Quickstart and DisplayFusion also have Start-Menu clones included. Like every new OS it has hiccups (they all did), but nothing really mind boggling. The worst one I encountered was that screen rotation and wifi connectivity start to experience issues after the computer/tablet has been through a sleep/wake cycle or two, requiring a full restart. That would be a bit more of a pain in the ass if everything I had wasn't solid state driven.

Personally though I run plain old windows 8 on my desktop and don't have any issues with it. Its on the laptop too. And the tablet. And the other tablet. In fact now Windows 7 just feels kind of weird and empty in a strange way, though admittedly, the search in 7 was tuned perfectly and 8 wont get that same kind of one-stop-shop for search again until 8.1 rolls out this fall (yes, they're amalgamating the kind of terrible Apps/Settings/Files separated searches into a single good search again), and Vista just feels weird without Snap. XP, meanwhile, needed to be buried a long time ago for many reasons.
    There is no good alternative to windows if you are a gamer.
    If you are interested, Valve has been making a nice effort in the last year or two to expand support for Linux. Steam includes a Linux section, and officially they prefer Ubuntu though I'm sure other versions of Linux will work just as well. The actual catalog at this point is fairly sizable and has a couple major titles, including FTL which has become a surprise new addition to my Top 10 list.

http://store.steampowered.com/browse/linux/

Granted, I have *plenty* of hardware that I can find something to testbed linux on, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Surely need to. Mac OS is also linux based and feels rather nice (Spotlight search is very well polished). But yes, both platforms fall short still in terms of broad software compatibility, but thats progressively becoming less of an issue over the years and for the most part they just have trouble shaking off that reputation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Hi all,
    just another question, as the 7560D seems integrated into the CPU does that mean a GPU upgrade is not possible?

welkin wrote: »
    Hi all,
    just another question, as the 7560D seems integrated into the CPU does that mean a GPU upgrade is not possible?

If there is a free psi-e slot it's possible but not ideal as the CPU in a APU tend to be not as good as the stand alone CPUs.

The APU design is intended more to eliminate the requirement of a GPU for most consumers. For people actually looking to do higher end graphics with a discrete card, the APU for sure is definitely trumped out by other options on the market. The APU makes the most sense in low profile, cool-and-quiet etc. type builds like a HTPC. For use with a discrete card you're better off with an FX-series AMD processor or one of the Intel i7s, but the FX tends to be the more cost effective option (at least in the US).

Overheal said
    "I don't see what the changes in 8 had to do with exploiting more money from people, at least more than is usual from a new OS."
    Really? What's wrong with Win 7, did Microsoft really need to bring out a new OS, many will mourn the end of XP next year, imagine the expense.
    And...
    "Anyway, you already admitted you use the Windows environment 0.01% of the time, so - yeah."
    Only because, like most, I was unaware of alternatives like Linux. Such is the (very unfair) grip of Microsoft Windows, being pre-installed on practically every new computer available. Financial might is very powerful. I have only two legacy programmes that I very occasionally need Windows Vista for. Once Vista expires, then I will be 100% Linux for personal computing. My days of financing Microsoft ended around five years ago when I bought my last computer, so - yeah.
    I'm sure if computers were all sold minus an OS then the balance of such would be slightly more even.
    Anyway, apologies once more to the OP, and I hope you buy and enjoy your new computer.
    As said above, for gaming, Windows is the way.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Any more dragging posts off topic "windows 8 sux", go Linux (for gaming?) will result in infractions. Please review the charter of this forum.

If we could talk about this in a way that would give someone with a new PC an informed decision on which OS to get that would be great.

Windows would be the widest supported and best documented, and comes preloaded so requires no technical expertise in applying. Same could be said of a Mac.

Excollier if you want to start a thread in Windows I sense the side-topic could go for a page or two :)

tuxy wrote: »
    If we could talk about this in a way that would give someone with a new PC an informed decision on which OS to get that would be great.

Suggesting to someone to pay over €100 for a Windows 7 license is quite foolish when 8 is near identical, once you spend a couple of minutes getting used to the new look. And anyways the OS was not even up for discussion on this thread until it was brought off topic
    Excollier if you want to start a thread in Windows I sense the side-topic could go for a page or two
    By all means do open a topic comparing the two, pros and cons of each. But please no bashing one or the other with silly x sux y rules type arguments, as I will end up having to close it.

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

Just a quick question. Whats the price for this PC? It's usually cheaper to build yourself, or for the same price build a better one.

ibstar wrote: »
    Just a quick question. Whats the price for this PC? It's usually cheaper to build yourself, or for the same price build a better one.

It's not a bad deal, just not a good option for someone who want to game.

Item|Price
    Zalman T2 Mini Tower - schwarz, ohne Netzteil|€18.69
    MSI FM2-A55M-E33, Sockel FM2, mATX|€44.89
    AMD A8-5500 Accelerated Processor mit AMD Radeon HD 7560D Grafik|€83.51
    4GB-Kit Corsair DDR3 PC1600 C8 Classic|€43.54
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s|€56.69
    LogiLink WLan N 300 Mbit USB Adapter|€10.13
    be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 7 300W|€30.26
    MS Windows 8 32bit (SB-Version) Englisch|€84.20
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€390.90

You could build a system with a 7770 and FX-6100 which would be much more suited to gaming for about €500

And will have 6 processor cores clocked faster than the 4 present in the A8. Much better all around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

399 in Aldi this thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

welkin wrote: »
    399 in Aldi this thursday

If it's gaming PC you're looking for. I suggest save up a bit more and buy components. Put them together yourself (youtube/google not very hard) or if not sure, have someone do it for you.You can always visit PC building section in this forum.
    Things to note (not sure if mentioned before), factory made PCs have usually specific factory made slots for different parts. Although these components may have same specifications eg. DDR3 RAM, it might have a different slot to that of a normal RAM stick that you might buy.This makes the PC vertually not upgradable in future.
    Having the option of upgrading in future, rather than buying a new desktop again is a big plus imo.

Things to note (not sure if mentioned before), factory made PCs have usually specific factory made slots for different parts. Although these components may have same specifications eg. DDR3 RAM, it might have a different slot to that of a normal RAM stick that you might buy.This makes the PC vertually not upgradable in future.
    Having the option of upgrading in future, rather than buying a new desktop again is a big plus imo.

Not entirely true, DDR3 is DDR3, although some motherboards/bios configurations are more sensitive to "deviating" from the factory specced memory config.
    You basically have DDR3 and SO-DIMM DDR3, SO-DIMM being smaller modules used in laptops/printers generally. DDR3 can have different configurations however physical module sizes remain the same. Power supplies on the other hand..

Nick

If you are looking for computer building videos on YouTube, search for Carey Holzman

Advertisement