Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video games for dad?

• 22-07-2013 3:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭

My dad loved Desert Strike for the Super nintendo. He said he liked it due to the simplicity, lack of confusing controls, and no need for dexterity. But things like an rpg are too indepth and confusing

I have access to the NES, SNES, gamecube, WII & Gameboys. Anyone got anything to suggest?

If there's nothing you guys can think of/it's a lost cause, then thank you for trying anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Man i loved all of those Strike games, there was about 5 or 6 of them. Desert strike being the best of the lot.

Jungle Strike, Urban Strike, Nuclear Strike and some others..

I haven't seen or rather played anything like them in years. There was one from around the same time, where you had a choice of either a tomcat or warthog in the same type of setting as desert strike but with planes rather than choppers, and i cant remember it's name :/

If you've an iphone there's a game called crazy choppers which is very similar to desert strike available on that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Why don't you get him to log onto Boards sand head on over to our Arcade&Retro forum, older games is where we're at, as well as the best of the modern stuff.
    There are tons of great games on the 16bit formats, and the consoles are cheap to pick up, the Strike series is pretty good, Jungle Strike being my favourite.
    Anyhow, I'd suggest you come over to A&R and have a look and ask your questions of the resident experts.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

There is also Apache Air Assault on the current consoles and PC. Fairly Straight forward chopper shooter. There's a demo I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I think there was a mechwarrior game on the snes that looked very like the Strike games.

Mechwarrior 3020 or something like that?

edit: found it, Mechwarrior 3050

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's also future cop LAPD on the PS1, think it's on PSN. It was actually meant to be part of the strike series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I would argue that Jungle is the superior strike. Pick it up on ebay for a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I suggest you buy your dad Portal 1 & 2 on PC :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Start him on the likes of COD games, they are easy to play, easy to finish and not demanding at all!
    Also, if military stuff is his thing, World of Tanks is easy to digest on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's also future cop LAPD on the PS1, think it's on PSN. It was actually meant to be part of the strike series.

Well with playing. Great game. I think it had a 2 player co-op mode too.

Advertisement