Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kate Middleton

Options
  • 22-07-2013 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Apparently she is in labour, admitted to hospital at 6 this morning.

I can't believe how excited I am, I dont know why, I'm not even English, nor a fan of the royal family, but I really like her. I suppose it's because I am a similar age and can't imagine my whole pregnancy and birth being in the public eye.

I really hope everything goes well for her.imagine the poor thing will have to be photographed leaving the hospital with the new baby!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Lol me too interesting to see I suppose. My bets on a girl :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I was listening to the official Royal Photographer being interviewed on the radio the other day... fascinating stuff..

He's given something like 7 minutes to take 'the perfect picture' and if goes over by 30 seconds he gets sacked.. talk about pressure.. ohh and he's not allowed to speak to the Royal subjects unless he's spoken to..

So if they're not sitting the right way or their hair is covering their faces for example.. it's tough luck for him.. wow!

He's been doing their pictures for years.. I would love to read his diary :D

Best of luck Kate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I'm sick of people telling me 'who cares! It's just a baby! Babies are born all the time'. Feck it. I'm excited and hope she will have a speedy labour and delivery with no complications. I know it's a life she's signed up for and she has lots of money, but birth is birth and I'm sure she is just as anxious as any other first time Mum. Then chuck in loads of photographers and paparazzi and all that pressure.

Yeah must be tough enough for her and then all the added pressure of articles like why she has to breastfeed, give her a bloody break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Yeah must be tough enough for her and then all the added pressure of articles like why she has to breastfeed, give her a bloody break.

Why does she have to breastfeed?

• Advertisement

No idea articles in the daily mail and such about why she has too, tbh I just read the headlines not interested but imagine seeing articles like that and add it to the early days of breastfeeding, not easy.
    Anyway I'm sure she will be breastfeeding but its none of anyone else's business unless she decides to make it public

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

Who gives a flying f@#k about this woman and her baby.
    What has she ever done to enrich our lives,nothing.
    This baby will grow up to be another spoilt royal with their nose firmly looking down on the subjects.
    Boy or girl its gonna cry like every other baby,crap itself like every other baby and whine/look like every other baby.
    This is worst than a circus right now,the only ones laughing are her parents with their gift shoponline and the royals themselves that people are still suckered into this dribble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

hedgehog2 wrote: »
    Who gives a flying f@#k about this woman and her baby.
    What has she ever done to enrich our lives,nothing.
    This baby will grow up to be another spoilt royal with their nose firmly looking down on the subjects.
    Boy or girl its gonna cry like every other baby,crap itself like every other baby and whine/look like every other baby.
    This is worst than a circus right now,the only ones laughing are her parents with their gift shoponline and the royals themselves that people are still suckered into this dribble.

full of the joys of life you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm quite excited too.. Again I think it's drawing in similarities in when we got married, our age, first baby etc..

I guess it's the fact that this baby will be third in line to the throne too...it's hard not to be a little curious..

It obviously means enough to you to take the time to write a long post about it :) don't know why if you have no interest in something you would bother to take the time to post on the topic
    Secret royal fan maybe?? Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

It obviously means enough to you to take the time to write a long post about it :) don't know why if you have no interest in something you would bother to take the time to post on the topic
    Secret royal fan maybe?? Lol

Yepp I have all the royal china commemorating each event proudly displayed in a glass cabinet.
    Were Irish it has absolutely nothing to do with us,its just another kid coming into an already massively over populated planet to put further strain on mother earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Yepp I have all the royal china commemorating each event proudly displayed in a glass cabinet.
    Were Irish it has absolutely nothing to do with us,its just another kid coming into an already massively over populated planet to put further strain on mother earth.

Go back to bed and get out the right side this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Good luck to her. I know she will have the best of care and not want for anything but I can't help feeling a little sorry for her. This baby is attracting world wide attention and I hope her and William are given privacy to enjoy their new baby and aren't suffocated by royal staff who only want to use the baby for pr.

It's stressful enough being a new mother and wondering if you are doing it right but not only is she going to have the normal fears a new mother has, she will have the pressure of trying to be perfect 100% of the time. Everything she does will be judged and God help her if she suffers from post natal depression.

I can't imagine being a new Mum and having to share my baby with millions and have everyone judge everything I do under a microscope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

We're*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I can't explain why... but for some reason I am excited too.

I know we're Irish and the royals have nothing to do with us, but for some reason I've always particularly liked William & Harry and I really like Kate but I couldn't even explain to you why.

Can't wait to see pics of the baby, I'd never be interested in celebs babies usually, but this is a bit different.

No sign of baby yet, have you seen the pictures of all the people waiting in front of Buckingham? Crazy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

No sign of baby yet, have you seen the pictures of all the people waiting in front of Buckingham? Crazy!!

It's a boy

Wait she had a boy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

My heart goes out to the poor girl, the "any news" phonecalls when I was due was stressful enough never mind having half the world's press camped outside the maternity hospital 3 weeks beforehand.
    She will be constantly under a microscope as she struggles like the rest of us to find her feet as a mother, the world & it's mother (literally) will have an opinion on every single parenting decision she makes, not a positon I'd envy to be in.
    I wish her, William & their new little boy the best, so glad they're doing well & hope they get some privacy to get to know each other as a new little family unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ms2011 wrote: »
    My heart goes out to the poor girl, the "any news" phonecalls when I was due was stressful enough never mind having half the world's press camped outside the maternity hospital 3 weeks beforehand.
    She will be constantly under a microscope as she struggles like the rest of us to find her feet as a mother, the world & it's mother (literally) will have an opinion on every single parenting decision she makes, not a positon I'd envy to be in.
    I wish her, William & their new little boy the best, so glad they're doing well & hope they get some privacy to get to know each other as a new little family unit.

I imagine they will keep their baby and private life under wraps so there will be very little opportunity for the public to comment on her parenting skills. I still do feel sympathy for them that this is how their life must be. I'd rather be a wallflower any day.

• Advertisement

I guess in one way she's lucky she's now part of the royal family, yes there will be a lot of speculation and public appearances but the royals do have a pretty private private life unlike other celebrities

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Maybe,but I don't think the royals are as protected in the media as they used to be.
    No one would have ever sold pics of Diana topless or Charles playing strip poker but those things have surfaced in recent years with other royals.
    I hope they are left in peace though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Sympathy? She married into the royal family...and married the son of the woman chased by the media to her death. Its not as if she didn't know. And now shes given birth to the future king. Its a big deal to those across the water. For every down side there will be a million upsides. ..like the child never wanting for anything or a nanny to take over when you're at your wits end. The last thing I feel is sympathy. ..she's got it pretty dandy ;)

Sympathy? She married into the royal family...and married the son of the woman chased by the media to her death. Its not as if she didn't know. And now shes given birth to the future king. Its a big deal to those across the water. For every down side there will be a million upsides. ..like the child never wanting for anything or a nanny to take over when you're at your wits end. The last thing I feel is sympathy. ..she's got it pretty dandy ;)

You can't help who you love :)

You can't help who you love :)

Its not an actual fairytale you know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Its not an actual fairytale you know ;)

well, it is really.
    She fell in love with a prince and married him!

Maybe not a 'fairytale' but they do love each other I hope

silly wrote: »
    well, it is really.
    She fell in love with a prince and married him!

Well lets hope the seven dwarves are good with kids then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Era, it's the same as any other baby, and I'm as happy to hear it as any other baby.

I don't think they will have it easier by being wealthy. I wouldn't want my face plastered all over the papers the day after giving birth anyway. There will now be the papers full of... when has kate lost the weight. Hope she has the stylist in there for her appearance!

I remember how annoying it was to have every expert crawling out from under rocks when I had a newborn, it'll be a million times more intimidating for her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement