Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kate Middleton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

972059_490901970987612_1021265617_n.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

How adorable!!

He's been practicing putting in that car seat for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

pwurple wrote: »
    I wouldn't want my face plastered all over the papers the day after giving birth anyway. There will now be the papers full of... when has kate lost the weight. Hope she has the stylist in there for her appearance!

I remember how annoying it was to have every expert crawling out from under rocks when I had a newborn, it'll be a million times more intimidating for her.

God I felt for them coming out with the baby. I'm sure they'd rather have been anywhere else but there having stupid journalists ask them what it feels like! 'Eh, it feels crap'!

I remember feeling self concious about the remnants of my baby bump when I left hospital after 4 days! How must that poor girl have felt?

article-2374931-1AF575B5000005DC-2_964x704.jpg

article-2374931-1AF575C1000005DC-575_964x759.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I think she looks absolutely radiant, such a lovely couple! Loved how he said he has his mums looks.

I was pretty high on happy hormones leaving hospital but looked nowhere near as good as she does. Everyone is different I suppose but hopefully she's feeling good. One things for sure the little man of the hour is oblivious!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

She looks amazing... Biatch :) I looked a mess leaving hospital but I did have crazy happy hormones also I think I was just so happy to be getting out of hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I actually thought she looked close to tears at times; hormones all over the shop! Poor girl! what is it, 24 hours after birth or something? She looked mighty, feel she needs a good cry/sleep/cuddle!

I must admit I melted a little seeing him holding baby, sigh!

Also like the nice touch of not using a blue blanket.a nice neutral cream!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

She did look amazing but I'm sure she was self concious and hormonal. 27 hours post partum, I was a weeping mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Wow she looked well. I remember the day I left hospital I was on such a high and met a colleague on the way out who commented on how tired I looked and that my slippers would get wet (my feet wouldn't fit in anything they were so swollen). And that was 3 days later not 1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Suucee wrote: »
    Wow she looked well. I remember the day I left hospital I was on such a high and met a colleague on the way out who commented on how tired I looked and that my slippers would get wet (my feet wouldn't fit in anything they were so swollen). And that was 3 days later not 1.

How sweet of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Excellent report from the Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...?utm_hp_ref=tw

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

pwurple wrote: »
    Era, it's the same as any other baby, and I'm as happy to hear it as any other baby.

I don't think they will have it easier by being wealthy. I wouldn't want my face plastered all over the papers the day after giving birth anyway. There will now be the papers full of... when has kate lost the weight. Hope she has the stylist in there for her appearance!

I remember how annoying it was to have every expert crawling out from under rocks when I had a newborn, it'll be a million times more intimidating for her.

Oh I think she's well prepared for it all. She's waving at her son's future subjects after all. I dont think she's any room for paranoia :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I see OK magazine already have a speculative article on how she will regain her post baby body.
    She gave birth less than 48 hrs ago give the woman a break!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I see OK magazine already have a speculative article on how she will regain her post baby body.
    She gave birth less than 48 hrs ago give the woman a break!!!

I agree. The baby looks super cute and Kate and William look great and shattered and shocked all at the same time. I bet just before the doors opened on the outside world they just took a deep breath, said lets do this, get it over and done with and then we'll go home and hide out for as long as we want!
    Thats certainly what I'd have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

She looks great, a bit tired but that is to be expected. I heard her hairdresser and make up artist were in with her a few hours before they left so no wonder she looked great! Think new mums need to remember for people in the public eye like Kate they have a lot of help to look good.

I really hope she and William are given time and space to enjoy these early weeks with their son without too much hassle from the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I wonder will the press be camping outside the rotunda in november for us:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

In fairness, we'd all look that good leaving hospital if we had someone to do our hair and make up beforehand. The dress she was wearing was specially designed for the occasion as well. Great that she let her post baby bump show though and didn't strap it down.

I am glad I didn't have to make an effort leaving hospital though. Although I did wear a nice dress with leggings to make myself feel better! A friend gave me that tip, to pack a nice going home outfit to make you feel good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

She looked radiant but behind the facade is still a first time mum coping with raging hormones, fear etc. I'll never forget how terrified I was leaving the hospital and I'm sure she felt the same. I was also black and blue in my face from coached pushing snd I looked as far from radiant as you could get.

She knew what role she was taking on when she got engaged and married but she's still a terrified first time mum right now.

I'm not a royalist in any sense but I like them as a couple. They seem genuinely in love and happy. The best of luck to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    In fairness, we'd all look that good leaving hospital if we had someone to do our hair and make up beforehand. The dress she was wearing was specially designed for the occasion as well. Great that she let her post baby bump show though and didn't strap it down.

I am glad I didn't have to make an effort leaving hospital though. Although I did wear a nice dress with leggings to make myself feel better! A friend gave me that tip, to pack a nice going home outfit to make you feel good!

That's a nice tip. I was in hospital way longer than expected, and basically came home in PJ's as everything else was blood-soaked from stitches bursting.

Wasn't expecting to find 4 people camped outside the house when we arrived expecting tea and biccies laid on. Had I known they were going to be there, I would have sent my husband off for an outfit for myself first.

They had a very public appearance to put on, so it would have been madness not to have the hair and makeup done for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Agreed How Strange, I felt so sorry for them and the baby watching it on tv.

Do you remember how protective you were bringing your little bubs home? All that noise and cheering?

I felt like crying seeing the helpless little baby grasping his hands. He is no more media savvy than our little ones were and yet he was brought out into the jaws of the waiting media.

I'm not saying that it could have been avoided, I just felt so sorry for them having to go out into the media circus.

I was told leaving hospital by the discharge nurse not to let people hold Max, to tell ill relatives to stay away and not to feel embarrassed about asking people to wash and sanitize their hands when they came into the house. O.k. my little prem baby was a special case, but you would still want to protect your baby from all harm.

I would say, instinctively, every bone in Kate and Wills bodies were telling them not to take their tiny baby out into that melee. While, I thought they looked the picture of perfection, overall I just felt overwhelmingly sorry for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

They just stood outside for a few minutes, baby was barely visible in the blanket and they are well used to the media, so it's not comparable to a normal couple leaving with their baby being faced with the media, no need for all the pity on here. Nobody was even near enough to the baby to touch him, he was fine, babies can tolerate noise no problem, it's good to get them used to it. And tbh he was being cradled by his parents who while they may have been hyped up from all that was happening they are still well able to handle themselves, as long as they were happy and calm he would've been too. This is part of their lives, it's protocol, they knew that moment was coming and would've been well prepared.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son George Alexander Louis.

They just stood outside for a few minutes, baby was barely visible in the blanket and they are well used to the media, so it's not comparable to a normal couple leaving with their baby being faced with the media, no need for all the pity on here. Nobody was even near enough to the baby to touch him, he was fine, babies can tolerate noise no problem, it's good to get them used to it. And tbh he was being cradled by his parents who while they may have been hyped up from all that was happening they are still well able to handle themselves, as long as they were happy and calm he would've been too. This is part of their lives, it's protocol, they knew that moment was coming and would've been well prepared.[/QUOTE]

To extent yes but this is the first time Kate has been pregnant, given birth, become a mum, had to deal with the emotion that brings, to deal with the post partum hormones, etc. Until you live that you can't be prepared for it as everyone is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

They just stood outside for a few minutes, baby was barely visible in the blanket and they are well used to the media, so it's not comparable to a normal couple leaving with their baby being faced with the media, no need for all the pity on here. Nobody was even near enough to the baby to touch him, he was fine, babies can tolerate noise no problem, it's good to get them used to it. And tbh he was being cradled by his parents who while they may have been hyped up from all that was happening they are still well able to handle themselves, as long as they were happy and calm he would've been too. This is part of their lives, it's protocol, they knew that moment was coming and would've been well prepared.[/QUOTE]

To extent yes but this is the first time Kate has been pregnant, given birth, become a mum, had to deal with the emotion that brings, to deal with the post partum hormones, etc. Until you live that you can't be prepared for it as everyone is different.

I said they were prepared for the media, as it is protocol and part of their job that they are used to (just look at the crowds she was faced at at her wedding), I never said she was prepared for having the baby, I wouldn't speculate on how somebody felt about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Hitchens wrote: »
    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son George Alexander Louis.

Love the name Alexander!

I wonder how popular George will become in the next year. A quick google search has it ranked 13th in the UK at present.

I said they were prepared for the media, as it is protocol and part of their job that they are used to (just look at the crowds she was faced at at her wedding), I never said she was prepared for having the baby, I wouldn't speculate on how somebody felt about that.

I wasn't having a go:) My point (poorly made) was that even with all of the media training in the world, she was still a first time mum and it was going to (most likely) be the last thing she wanted to face.
    I know they have to do it, its part and parcel of their job, but its one part I wouldn't like and I did feel sorry for her having to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

I agree with feeling sorry for their lack of privacy as the few people around when I gave birth were driving me crazy and I just wanted to be alone with my daughter. Having said that it all pays off when your baby is set for life! They will never have to worry about providing for the child and he will never want for anything. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Love the name Alexander!

I wonder how popular George will become in the next year. A quick google search has it ranked 13th in the UK at present.

I heard people were holding off naming their babies so they could copy the prince's name...madness!!!

Wouldn't be my taste in name but each to their own, I liked James better. Especially after realising his momgram will be G.A.L. :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I agree with feeling sorry for their lack of privacy as the few people around when I gave birth were driving me crazy and I just wanted to be alone with my daughter. Having said that it all pays off when your baby is set for life! They will never have to worry about providing for the child and he will never want for anything. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

Yeah, reasonably sweet deal until you consider how his grandmother met her death. Hounded to death by the media.

I could see her scanning the crowd... a nutter with a gun could appear from anywhere. Same with any type of celebrity really.

There are huge upsides of course, but it's not all roses.

Advertisement