Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kate Middleton

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I agree with feeling sorry for their lack of privacy as the few people around when I gave birth were driving me crazy and I just wanted to be alone with my daughter. Having said that it all pays off when your baby is set for life! They will never have to worry about providing for the child and he will never want for anything. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

very sweet deal. I wouldn't mind waking up as royalty tomorrow :D You can't project an everyday motherhood outlook onto them. They aren't celebrities they are royalty. It is their job to be in the public eye. People's taxes pay for the private ward she was in and the people have a right to get a view of their future king. Going all Maud Flanders about it is very empathetic, but in my opinion it's completely out of context.

And Diana died because she was being chased by the media in a car where the driver was how many times over the legal alcohol limit? She was being chased by the media because her face sold magazines and sold papers, in exactly the same way as Kate and William do now. The media went ballistic over the birth because its a future king and their faces sell. The whole point of this thread was to keep abreast of developments. How would that have happened without the cameras there? If you don't like the intrusion into their privacy stop feeding the meter ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

very sweet deal. I wouldn't mind waking up as royalty tomorrow :D

Oh jeez I would mind alright. I like my freedom.

The idea of having to run where I go or what I do past people to see if it's acceptable turns my stomach. Having to attend stupid boring junkets and make nice with complete idiots. Not even being able to even drive my own car or go for a jog.

Everyone watching you constantly ready to pounce on the tiniest mistake or faux pas.

And being related to that lot of inbreds? Most boring dinner conversations ever! :pac:

A bit of extra cash would be nice alright, and I'd love the live-in stylist :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

pwurple wrote: »
    Oh jeez I would mind alright. I like my freedom.

The idea of having to run where I go or what I do past people to see if it's acceptable turns my stomach. Having to attend stupid boring junkets and make nice with complete idiots. Not even being able to even drive my own car or go for a jog.

Everyone watching you constantly ready to pounce on the tiniest mistake or faux pas.

And being related to that lot of inbreds? Most boring dinner conversations ever! :pac:

A bit of extra cash would be nice alright, and I'd love the live-in stylist :)

Good for you :D

Advertisement